Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Fight (Good Wife Spin-off)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Any sign of this to appear on More 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Season 4, episode 2 on rte 1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Sparko

Addle wrote: »
    Season 4, episode 2 on rte 1 now

Didn't record for me. I had a series link set. When I check next week's episode, the Sky listings just say "This is RTE One HD". This seems to happen regularly with RTE lately. Painfully inept.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Sat down to watch episode 1 last week and it was the same crap about Trump, forgot about it last night but hope the whole season isn't going to be about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭corkie

Sat down to watch episode 1 last week and it was the same crap about Trump, forgot about it last night but hope the whole season isn't going to be about him.

First episode
    was just a dream, with Clinton winning instead of Trump.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Really good second episode after the rubbish first episode

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mandy Patinkin joins the cast for season 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 31,854 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hurrah!
    Hopefully a proper season not like that last one, it was a bit of an odd truncated mess after a strong start

• Advertisement

Trailer looks good...but...I kind of wish they just had more normal court based stuff sometimes...
    Mandy Patinkin is a great addition

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Meh, maybe but at season 5 the ship has lonnnnnggggg since sailed that that lament holds water :D Not sure how I'd describe the show these days but it's obviously taking the "ripped from the headlines" part of Good Wife and doubling down, especially given America's many cultural issues ATM. Which IMO is fine, it's obvious the show isn't for me but enjoy the ride all the same. Look forward to it returning, though can't believe it's at a 5th season already ...

I really enjoyed that opening episode it was like a recap episode of everything that happened since the last season finished from Covid to the Insurrection and a good way to say goodbye to Luca & Boseman

I really enjoyed that opening episode it was like a recap episode of everything that happened since the last season finished from Covid to the Insurrection and a good way to say goodbye to Luca & Boseman
    Oh this is defo my TV viewing tonight now there is a break in the footie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Damn, never clock the release dates for these shows. Champion, happy it's back

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Succeeded by Amy Coney Barrett ~ Trump nominated.

For anyone else curious why Diane was so taken back by her passing.

Vague memories of last year, but didn't click on the name during the show.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,541 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why are they getting rid of two of the best characters?

eagle eye wrote: »

Both actors decided to leave and not renew their contracts, However both agreed to return for this episode to give the fans a proper send off for the characters since last season was cut short due to Covid and they didn't get a farewell.

eagle eye wrote: »

The actor & actress want to leave for other shows.

"In an exclusive statement to TVLine, Jumbo said, “I have had the most amazing time over the last five years working with Robert, Michelle and the crews of both The Good Wife and The Good Fight. I will miss them all so much, but am so excited to explore pastures new. Due to the pandemic forcing us to shut down early we weren’t able to wrap up Lucca’s story fully and so I hope if schedules allow I can return next season to do that.” "

"Delroy Lindo (who plays Adrian Boseman), would be stepping away from the acclaimed drama following Season 4 to headline the potential ABC series Harlem’s Kitchen."
    https://tvline.com/2020/05/29/cush-jumbo-leaving-the-good-fight-luca-season-5/

Cush Jumbo will be appearing in 'Stay Close'

Well that was a cracking opening to series 5, I enjoyed the fact it wasn't utterly bonkers!
    Little details like the messaging on Zoom was spot on, brilliant stuff.

Cush Jumbo is a terrific actress and Luca is a great character, but she wasn't given enough to do a lot of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The Diane on the couch bits were hilarious. Don't sit on the couch, Biden might lose Georgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Is this airing in the Uk yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

Is this airing in the Uk yet?
    brian_t wrote: »
    The Good Fight season 5 starts on RTÉ One on Thursday 1st July at 10.15pm.

gmisk wrote: »
    Cush Jumbo is a terrific actress and Luca is a great character, but she wasn't given enough to do a lot of the time.

Main problem was her story-lines where tied to other characters that already left.
    • Lucca and Maia’s friendship
    • a romantic/sexual relationship with prosecutor Colin Morrello (Justin Bartha)
    • Her adventures with Bianca last season, And the mystery of a disappearing baby.

{tvline.com} Good Fight: Robert and Michelle King on Season 5 Premiere's Stealth Recast, Spoiler's Near-Death Experience and Lucca's Original Exit Storyline

That was a fantastic opening Episode, really made great use of losing two leads, alongside the utterly bonkers year and a half between seasons. I love how often this show has played with its own format, with various little eccentric choices, asides and segues. This was a standout.

I'd kinda forgotten half the political stuff, could see how it was a whirlwind for those living in it; and the news of RBG dying a particular cut - especially to someone like Diane.

Mandy Patinkin and his Judge Judy style crazy kangaroo arbitration court what a brilliant addition to the show.

The new Luca is a good mystery of what is she is up to.

Mandy Patinkin and his Judge Judy style crazy kangaroo arbitration court what a brilliant addition to the show.

The new Luca is a good mystery of what is she is up to.
    Totally agree, it was an excellent episode the new lawyer is very interesting, good actress as well.
    Nice to see Julius Kane back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

pixelburp wrote: »
    That was a fantastic opening Episode, really made great use of losing two leads, alongside the utterly bonkers year and a half between seasons. I love how often this show has played with its own format, with various little eccentric choices, asides and segues. This was a standout.

I'd kinda forgotten half the political stuff, could see how it was a whirlwind for those living in it; and the news of RBG dying a particular cut - especially to someone like Diane.

Yes, the RBG death was tough, as was her near heart attack waiting for the Biden result. Brilliant episode, absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Time for them to forget the political stuff, Floyd and BLM and go back to what the series was supposed to be about which is court cases.

No surprise Hollywood wanted to take pot shots at Trump over the last few years but the Dems are back now so they can rest easy in their multi million dollar mansions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭MickH503

Sky are starting The Good Wife from the beginning on Alibi channel starting tonight at 11pm. Looks like one episode each weekday night. Might be worth a rewatch!

Advertisement