Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need a job? Gis a job!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

See below image for job details

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

This is technically in Clare but only about a 20 minute drive from Limerick City.

Emerald VIP Services are looking for a Tour & Operations Assistant.

"We are growing our team to meet the demands of our expanding business and are seeking a Tour & Operations Assistant to join our team based in Shannon, County Clare. The position will be full time. A qualified candidate should have at least two years’ experience working in the travel sector. The position will report to the Business Development Manager, assisting with preparing travel itineraries for Ireland, UK and other locations as requested. Additional duties include updating booking systems and invoicing."

For full spec please visit https://limerickjobs.ie/job/14042734/tour-operations-assistant

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

** We are hiring **

We are looking for a motivated person to work in our kitchen on a part time basis. Person must have previous experience in a kitchen. ( Minimum 6 months )Please forward CV’s to Cafesofia40@gmail.com. Thanks guysI

O'Malley-Griffin (Brokers) DAC are looking for a Personal Lines Account Handler.

The successful candidate will work in a team environment in our Personal Lines sales & services section. The role will involve responsibility for managing renewals, client retention, servicing of existing client accounts and driving sales through upselling & cross selling function.

Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years experience in Personal Lines with a good working knowledge of Relay.

Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to portray a confident telephone manner and in direct dealings with clients.

Candidates should be able to confirm compliance with CPD records and relevant qualification.

Salary will be negotiated reflecting candidates experience & professional capacity.

To apply please visit https://limerickjobs.ie/job/14063227/personal-lines-account-handler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

My son is in college in LCFE and needs a part time weekend Job, he is only 17 but finding it hard to find anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Try Paul partnership website jobs bulletin section.

During the recession I walked around the crescent a lot and lots of the shops put ads in the windows for staff near the front door.

McDonald's, Supermacs etc provide a great learning curve for teenagers

kilburn wrote: »
    Try Paul partnership website jobs bulletin section.

During the recession I walked around the crescent a lot and lots of the shops put ads in the windows for staff near the front door.

McDonald's, Supermacs etc provide a great learning curve for teenagers

Thanks very much for this i'll pass the info on for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Thanks very much for this i'll pass the info on for him.

On a personal note I do firmly believe that every teenager should tend tables or pull pints at some stage as it really helps with interpersonal skills and I'm times of recession

God I am getting old !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

On a personal note I do firmly believe that every teenager should tend tables or pull pints at some stage as it really helps with interpersonal skills and I'm times of recession

God I am getting old !

Never did either of those two jobs! Worked in Arramount, Tesco and Shaws (that was enough). Plenty of experience gained there.

• Mc Love wrote: »
    Never did either of those two jobs! Worked in Arramount, Tesco and Shaws (that was enough). Plenty of experience gained there.

I see your Arramount, Tesco and Shaws and raise you Supermacs on O'Connell street. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

God I am getting old !

A year in Dunnes would sort them all out. From personal teenage experience, the only thing worse than the customers were the managers.

SQT Training in National Technology Park are looking for a Course Administration Manager

SQT Training is one of Ireland’s leading training companies delivering technical management training solutions since 1989. Based in the National Technology Park Limerick, SQT have a team of experienced Trainers delivering programmes both nationally and internationally.
    Due to continued growth are currently recruiting a full time Course Administration Manager. The successful candidate will be part of the Course Management Team, working closely with customers & tutors to manage the administration of training programmes from initial enquiry, through to training delivery and final learner certification.

The Role

* Manage enquiries from client companies and individual learners through to generating programme proposals and tenders.
    * Acting as a primary point of contact for current and prospective learners
    * Providing support to Tutors in all aspects of planning and programme delivery
    * Management of learner registrations and support.

The Candidate

* Degree in Business Studies, Arts, Commerce or related function desirable
    * Minimum four years’ experience working within a busy office environment
    * Experience in a learning/education organisation a distinct advantage.
    * Strong customer focus and excellent written and oral communications skills
    * Excellent attention to detail and well organised
    * Good team player but capable of working on own initiative
    * Excellent IT skills with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel etc.)
    * Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma a distinct advantage

Please send CV to hr@sqt-training.com or apply at https://limerickjobs.ie/job/14066614/course-administration-manager

Check out some new Job opportunities at Stores at the Crescent;
    ✔️ Fashion Manager - Carraig Donn
    ✔️ Store Manager - Smiggle
    ✔️ Head Chef - Franklins Restaurant
    ✔️ Zara - Head Cashier, Fashion Manager (Mens)
    ✔️ Gym & Coffee - Retail Staff
    Click on the link here for details on the roles and how to apply!
    Click Here: http://bit.ly/2Py5U9F

ICT Services are looking for a Windows 10 Migration Engineer in Raheen, Limerick.

ICT Services currently working on a large scale I.T rollout at a client site in the Limerick city area. We are currently looking for experienced Windows 10 engineers and floorwalkers to join our team. We currently have both short term and long term contracts available.We are looking for a Windows 10 Migration Engineer to support a project of upgrading 2000+ devices from Windows 7 to Windows 10 operating system.

Responsibilities:

The successful candidate will have prior experience in upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 operating system, excellent people skills and strong problem-solving skills. The candidate will work exclusively on imaging machines, migrating user profile, installing customer requested applications and deploying the device as per the schedule.

* Test and Deploy Windows 10 Image on supported laptop and desktop including setting up printers and other peripherals.
    * Keep track of all Windows 10 issues from patches, features, deployment, permissions on the Project site and ticketing system
    * Migrating User profiles from Windows 7 to Windows 10 operating system using MDT process
    * Install requested application/s on user machine
    * Collaborate with operations, PC Lab and Helpdesk resources to troubleshoot issues related to Windows 10 migration.
    * Work directly with customer pre- and post-deployment to resolve any issues pertaining to migration process

REQUIRED SKILLS:

* Excellent customer support skills (In-person and on the phone), excellent soft skills.
    * Extensive experience with migrating users from Windows 7 to Windows 10
    * Working knowledge of active directory for Windows 10 group policy settings.
    * Familiarity with Desktop Image creation/deployment process.
    * Knowledge of Microsoft products such as O365, SharePoint, outlook and Skype for business.
    * Software and hardware troubleshooting skills to resolve issues arising due to Windows 10 Operating system
    * Understanding of encryption process using windows bitlocker

To apply please visit https://limerickjobs.ie/job/14107322/windows-10-migration-engineer

IPS Packaging are currently seeking an experienced Sale, Office administrator and team-player to join our well established Business in Annacotty, Limerick.

Key Duties required are:

· Answering sales enquires by phone and e-mail
    · Processing sales orders and payments
    · Managing customer needs and expectations daily to ensure 100% adherence to delivery on all orders.
    · Planning, monitoring and maintaining stock levels,
    · Liaise with suppliers
    · Book transport, allocating & releasing of stock

Experience:

· Must have 1-3 years experience in a multi-tasking role.
    · Excellent English. Excellent organisational ability with attention to detail.
    · Strong sales/administration experience desirable.
    · Experience in Microsoft office.
    · Customer focused and a team player.

Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland to apply and must hold a full clean driving licence.

Hours are 9-5.30, Monday to Friday. Flexibility required.

Please apply by e-mail attaching CV to Valerie@ipspackaging.ie or visit https://limerickjobs.ie/job/14119280/sales-and-office-administrator

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Engineering112

Experienced and FAS/Solas qualified welder fabricator minimum 5 years experience required for workshop and site work based in Limerick.

Must have current safe pass card.

Full time position immediate start required.

Please supply references with CV.

Please send me a private message for contact details.

Clare Youth Service (in Ennis, about 30 mins from Limerick city centre) are looking for an Accounts Assistant to work 35 hours per week.

The role of the Accounts Assistant will be to support the work of the Finance Manager by undertaking a wide range of accounting related tasks. These will range from supplier accounts payments and invoicing to preparing a range of reports, all with a view to ensuring financial information is collated, checked and analysed efficiently and to current standards. The role also requires the registration of learners and various administrative duties.

General Work Outline:

* Prepare reports/returns in line with funder requirements
    * Assist in the preparation of monthly reports
    * Assist with the annual accounts in preparation for the audit
    * Process entries including invoicing, cash lodgements, visa and bank payments
    * Responsible for bank reconciliations
    * Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and credit control
    * Develop and maintain good working relationships with Funders and Suppliers
    * Responsible for cash receipts and processing
    * Maintenance of Capital Assets Register
    * Produce other reports as required
    * Supporting the fundraising work of the Service
    * Any other duties as may be required from time to time and assigned by the Finance Manager or CEO

The full spec and the application form (you need to apply using the application form) is at https://limerickjobs.ie/job/14123835/accounts-assistant-35-hours-per-week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Bit of a long shot here considering the Covid 19 situation but if anybody knows of any work experience opportunities for a TY student, one day a week on Fridays, it would be much appreciated
    Thanks

My lad goes to college in lcfe in Limerick and is finding it really hard to find a part time job around college hours, any suggestions he is 18.

• My lad goes to college in lcfe in Limerick and is finding it really hard to find a part time job around college hours, any suggestions he is 18.

How about weekends, working in retail?

• Advertisement

How about weekends, working in retail?

Yes he willing to work weekends and hours after college

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Yes he willing to work weekends and hours after college

Mc Donalds / Pennys would be hiring now for Xmas staff until early January also / Dunnes stores

Although these are technically in Ennis, they cover the general Shannon area so may be applicable for some of you.

Two jobs going at Clare Youth Service in Ennis, Co. Clare.

1. Youth Worker (Full-time - Primarily Evenings and Weekends)

To engage and support young people through a range of activities and issue based programmes. To promote the work of Clare Youth Service in the community. To carry out outreach in Ennis and other areas in the wider Shannon regions. To identify and engage hard to reach “at risk” young people currently not accessing the service and support them to engage. See full spec at https://clarejobs.ie/job/14125680/youth-worker-full-time-primarily-evenings-and-weekends

2. Youth Drugs Worker (38.5 hours per week)

To deliver the work plan of the project including providing preventative educational programmes and interventions on and individual and group basis. The successful candidate will be an experienced, dynamic and committed individual who will deliver the work plan of this project. This post involves significant work on evenings and weekends including outreach in Ennis and other areas in the wider Shannon region. This is a targeted project working with young people aged 13 to 24 years of age. See full spec at https://clarejobs.ie/job/14125679/youth-drugs-worker-38-5-hours-per-week

Both roles have a closing date for applications on Monday October 05th 2020 4.30 p.m.

You need to apply via application form which can be gotten from ldack@clareyouthservice.org

A great resource for job seekers:

https://www.paulpartnership.ie/jobs-bulletin/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I see HGV Mechanic advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

LIDL are hiring for the store mananger for Corbally now on Linkedin. People should keep an eye out for that job and the other jobs needing to be filled there in the weeks ahead.

It's not easy so link to a Job on Linkedin but search for it and you'll see it. Posted 2 days ago so the 5th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Hi all
    If anyone is interested the following position is available where I work.
    Part time engineering lecturer (based in Limerick )
    1-3 days a week

Lecturing engineering principles and fitting of materials to diploma level. Both practical and theory.

Online for first 6 weeks then onsite in Limerick

Previous engineering industry and experience needed
    Plus train the trainer QQI certificate
    Previous lecturing experience desirable

Starting on Monday 8th February

Pm me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Anyone hear of any jobs for a just finished Leaving Cert 18yr old with no prior experience....he's tried Dunnes/Range/Sports Direct/Tesco/Easons/local centras
    Mr. Price etc etc a ton of places...but nothing and he's getting down in himself. Any heads up would be much appreciated. TY

• Registered Users Posts: 39 pippin5

Hi Lobsterlady,

I really feel for your boy. Would he work in the hospitality sector? The online jobs websites such as Jobs.ie have a few vacancies in Limerick in hotels, restaurants and bars. It will be hard work but it will give him the boost he needs. Some ask for experience but he could apply anyway. I know Adare Manor are looking for people without experience to work in the kitchen of the hotel but that might be too far out for you. Best of luck, I will have my fingers crossed for him. Let us know how he gets on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

pippin5 wrote: »
    Hi Lobsterlady,

I really feel for your boy. Would he work in the hospitality sector? The online jobs websites such as Jobs.ie have a few vacancies in Limerick in hotels, restaurants and bars. It will be hard work but it will give him the boost he needs. Some ask for experience but he could apply anyway. I know Adare Manor are looking for people without experience to work in the kitchen of the hotel but that might be too far out for you. Best of luck, I will have my fingers crossed for him. Let us know how he gets on!

Thanks very much for your reply. Would you believe I managed, through a friends husband, to get him 2 weeks work on a construction site starting tomorrow...he has a Safe Pass...so at least that is a start and may lead to more work after builders holidays. Thrilled to see him actually smile today. Will look into Adare Manor for after this 2 week stint as I don't mind having to travel to drop him off, will just have to make it work, wherever it is. Thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement