Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are paper prescriptions no longer a thing?

• 06-07-2021 9:00am

Recently when I was at the doctor, he asked me for an name and address of the pharmacy I wanted to pick up the prescription in. I don't really go to the doctor very often but before with a paper prescription, I'd just go to any random pharmacy that I'd see on my way home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

They still exist but with covid doctors don't use them so much to stop people wandering in to their surgery waiting room and spreading covid.

When the HSE computer system got hacked I know our doctor had to use paper prescriptions for a few days.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Not sure if it's an official change but Web Doctor no longer send you your own prescription anymore either, you have to nominate a pharmacy to collect at.

Will it be impossible for any new pharmacies to stand a chance going forward if everyone just sticks to the one pharmacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's not hugely challenging to say to your doctor "hey, I'm using Pharmacy X now".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You can still request the paper prescription from your GP, over the last year or so he would email the pharmacy for me however the pharmacy's text reminders were not been sent to me so it was alot of messing around to get my script so last time I was in with the dr I asked for paper and I can go to any chemist again now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement