Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Anything in the Fenyx Rising season pass worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

For the sake of less than a fiver, i may aswell pick up NBA 2K21

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Anything in the Fenyx Rising season pass worth getting?

https://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/immortals_fenyx_rising_dlc_review

worth a shot, methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

bmorrissey wrote: »
    For the sake of less than a fiver, i may aswell pick up NBA 2K21

Same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Smyths doing 3 for €35 on PlayStation Hits
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-4/playstation-4-games/playstation-hits-/c/playstation-hits

Pretty good chance everyone has them all anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Smyths doing 3 for €35 on PlayStation Hits
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-4/playstation-4-games/playstation-hits-/c/playstation-hits

Pretty good chance everyone has them all anyway

I thought that was pretty good, and then looked back in this topic, and a lot (all?) of these games were being sold for €10 a month ago; but they doubled the price and then slapped this "deal" on them

So now instead of getting 3 for 30 with no deal, you're getting 3 for 35 with a deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I thought that was pretty good, and then looked back in this topic, and a lot (all?) of these games were being sold for €10 a month ago; but they doubled the price and then slapped this "deal" on them

So now instead of getting 3 for 30 with no deal, you're getting 3 for 35 with a deal :D

Were they not being sold at half price for the Days of Play promotion? It was only for a limited time. The PS Hits games are usually always sold at €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And if you have PS Plus, I think all were given with that at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And if you have PS Plus, I think all were given with that at some point

I think all bar Gran Turismo? Most on the ps5 psplus collection too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Sidford

Recently got PlayStation plus again and the classic games available like resident evil, ratchet and clank etc are brilliant. Well worth checking out for anyone like me who was slow to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Next gen edition is down to €20. Tempting, but I think I splashed on this offer for 2K20 and a couple of months later is was with Plus or Now or something. Considering the grind and feedback, I'll wait until it's free at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Next gen edition is down to €20. Tempting, but I think I splashed on this offer for 2K20 and a couple of months later is was with Plus or Now or something. Considering the grind and feedback, I'll wait until it's free at this stage.

Is there much difference between the PS4 and PS5 editions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,532 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there much difference between the PS4 and PS5 editions?

Don't think so gameplay wise but it is a significant graphical upgrade.

Don't think so gameplay wise but it is a significant graphical upgrade.

Might pick up the PS4 version for €5 since I’ll only play myCareer really.

I was thinking of picking up one of the Assassin's Creed games on sale - Unity and Syndicate - but I don't know which. Anyone recommend either of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was thinking of picking up one of the Assassin's Creed games on sale - Unity and Syndicate - but I don't know which. Anyone recommend either of them?

I only played Syndicate out of those and it was great but suffered awful from repetition. You have areas of the map that you need to perform certain missions in each before fighting like a boss character if I remember correctly. The problem is the missions are the same in every are. I groaned everytime I went to a new area and saw the same icons pop up. It was great playing as the twins though and having the train as the home base. I see it's 12 euro but 15 for gold edition. In the dlc, there is a jack the ripper story which I really liked, might be worth springing an extra few quid on it.

AC Unity is very tempting as it looks old school AC, lovely area and actually assassinating people. I see that's a tenner, would be interested to hear if that's worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Unity is awful, easily the worst AC game, and I am including spin-offs and side games in that. Syndicate was an improvement but I still found it to be average at best. Playing the AC game that released either side of those two would be a much better idea.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    AC Unity is very tempting as it looks old school AC, lovely area and actually assassinating people. I see that's a tenner, would be interested to hear if that's worth a punt.

It isn't. Since AC went down The Witcher 3 route with Origins, it seems to me that there has been a fair bit of revisionism taking place with Unity and that now its somehow 'pure' because it is set in one city. Unity is the reason they changed the formula in the first place, it is the culmination of all the worst aspects of the series up to that point, collected and thrown at the wall to see what would stick. It is a bloated, glitchy boring mess of a game that is aggressively unpleasant to play at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They're both games that suffer issues with serious repetition but I have to say I found Syndicate a bit more fun whereas Unity (post-patch) is probably the better game, if that makes any sense.

Protagonists in Syndicate are more fun and the train-base was a fun concept. Arno from Unity is a bit of a wet blanket.

If I had to pick, Syndicate is probably the more fun experience. Unity can also be a bit overwhelming as it was peak "side-activities" Ubisoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cool, that's me gone off Unity so. Might keep a lookout for Ezio collection if it goes cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ezio Collection, Unity and Syndicate are all great in their own right. Just don't do what I did and play them all back-to-back, you'll want to take a hidden blade to your neck by the time you finish Syndicate.

To answer the question though, I'd also recommend Syndicate between the two. Not without its flaws, but it felt way more fun and there's a great sequence of missions I won't spoil later in the game that changes the setting a little. And the Jack the Ripper DLC is also superb, as Zero said.

Unity is one of the worst AC games they've ever made, I'd go with Syndicate as its set in London, has a very good story and the gameplay is solid, it does repeat sometimes but Unity is far worse and was aimed more for 4 player online co-op and is 2 years older. Plus the Syndicate DLC is fun.

Unity is one of the best AC I’ve played. Even to this day it looks unreal and it’s got the best parkour out of all the series. The game gets a lot of stick for how badly it was when it released but I played it a few months after when it was all patched up and had no problems with it. Also found the co-op very enjoyable as well. I’d recommend both Unity and Syndicate, two very good AC games imo.

Apparently Syndicate is suppose to run really badly on PS5 as well, a lot of visual glitches.

Unity is one of the best AC I’ve played. Even to this day it looks unreal and it’s got the best parkour out of all the series. The game gets a lot of stick for how badly it was when it released but I played it a few months after when it was all patched up and had no problems with it. Also found the co-op very enjoyable as well. I’d recommend both Unity and Syndicate, two very good AC games imo.

Apparently Syndicate is suppose to run really badly on PS5 as well, a lot of visual glitches.

Ah, I'd be playing it on the PS5 so that's a no for me then. I think I'll leave both games so. Thanks everyone for the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah, I'd be playing it on the PS5 so that's a no for me then. I think I'll leave both games so. Thanks everyone for the answers.

Have you played Black Flag? If not, I'd recommend it above any other game in the series, even 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's one of the games specifically called out by Sony as having issues on PS5 so definitely a huge caveat.

I’d pick up Unity if I was you, it’s only a tenner and you’ll more than get your worth out of it. The expansion pass Dead Kings was released for free as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,311 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Unity is one of the worst AC games they've ever made
    Unity is one of the best AC I’ve played

Glad that's cleared up so :pac:

I’d pick up Unity if I was you, it’s only a tenner and you’ll more than get your worth out of it. The expansion pass Dead Kings was released for free as well.

Feck it, I'll give it a go. It's interesting to see people calling it both the best and worst AC game ever made. It seems to be a hugely divisive game. I never played more than a couple of hours of AC here and there so we'll see how it goes.

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    Glad that's cleared up so :pac:

Whoever said Unity is the best has no standards, that game is still to this day and awful buggy mess. The shoehorned in co-op and abysmal litter filled map.

Advertisement