Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭John Horgan

Its up at about 39's still, seems they may have taken some time to work on second dose AZ there in higher age groups and thus stopped the 35-39 cohort.

I have gone to a pharmacy instead and am expecting an appointment next week.
    Is that pharmacy in Dublin by any chance?
    I'm in Clondalkin and feel as though Citywest is a never ending wait at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mcgiw

mcgiw wrote: »
    First jab details
    Appointment received: 08/06/2021 morning (online)
    Appointment date: 11/06/2021 evening
    SMS: Not yet received. Received at 13:30.
    Brand: Pfizer
    Venue: PUC, Cork.

Second jab details
    Appointment text received: 06/07/2021
    Appointment date: 10/07/2021 afternoon
    Gap between the jabs: 29 days
    Venue: PUC, Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What time is the 18-34's portal expected to open for tomorrow at??
    30-34 tomorrow, 18-34 is from next Monday for pharmacies. Late this evening probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pobbien

Age 41.
    2nd Pfizer dose. PUC
    Next Thurs 15th.
    Quick note. I got no text I just had a quick look at the portal randomly and noticed.

hi Pauliedragon, out of curiousity as i was PUC 4 weeks ago, what date was your first jab?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

Area: Dublin 8
    Appointment received: 06/07/2021
    Appointment date: 10/07/2021
    SMS: Received about 1 hour after portal update.
    Venue: Greystones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Agreed many i work with cant come back to the office until full vaccinated but their kids will now be done before them. Opening pharmacies to such a wide range of ages was madness

Why? It is splitting hairs for the covid risk difference between an 18 and a 35 year old, and the 18 year old is probably more likely to spread it due to more social interactions.

Also, a short supply of anything in this age group means people get keener to get it. All of a sudden it is a "OMG I got my vaccine", and creates further OMG's!!!

As a thirty something still waiting for a vaccine, I would have given up my vaccine months ago for somebody in this age cohort. I would have hated to spend my college years, some of the best years, living at home with mammy and daddy.

The 35-39 year olds will all get first dose in the next week or two anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,767 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not me (again):

38 (1982)
    Citywest
    Registered first day possible
    Appointment Sunday 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    People in their 60s got their first vaccine 3 months before people in their 20s and have been enjoying partial protection ever since.

People 70+ have been fully vaccinated for months.

you mean 'enjoying' 30% coverage from Delta , I have 3 family members in 60's still awaiting second vaccine 10 weeks and counting

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reidman

shelladoo wrote: »
    Were you morning afternoon or evening for first jab. I was evening last time on 6th so trying to figure out will I get an appt for Friday later on today? As going away Saturday - typical timing!!

1:40 first and 1:50 second

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭andrewbrowne

is_that_so wrote: »
    30-34 tomorrow, 18-34 is from next Monday for pharmacies. Late this evening probably.

Sorry yeah should have said 30-34. Im 34 so im in the initial first grouping for this evening/tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Just checked and registration now open for all Year of Births up to 1991

• Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Getting my second shot on Monday here in Canada, just down the road. Should be able to book flights soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pimlico

Happy out, finally got my first appointment.

Appointment date: 11/07
    Text received: 06/07
    MVC: Aviva
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Just checked myself on https://vaccine.hse.ie/cohort/
    Registration is open to people aged 35 to 69.

If you are not aged 35 to 69, do not register now. You will not be vaccinated if your ID does not match your registration details.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Fair enough. Will clarify that website has been updated to allow registration but not the informational text yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Just finally got my appt for Thursday week, the 15th. I’m 37, south Dublin and registered as soon as I could. A 9 day wait feels a bit like they’re just sticking something in the book for all the leftover 35-39s so that the phone doesn’t light up once the portal opens to the next cohort.

Either way I’m delighted, a few weeks either way won’t make a difference, we’ve been living with this ****e for 16 months and will be for many more, just a nice little milestone.

Are you sure??? All im getting is the 35-69 age group

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I was able to register an account with my year of birth which is in the 30-34 bracket. Does this mean it’s working? Would this usually be blocked? It doesn’t give a warning or block you if you put in 1995 (younger than 30) either for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,767 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It lets you through with >86 years though. And my Android phone moves the confirmation text to spam which is really not reassuring!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

The portal always allows a bit of flexibility in terms of the registration. My missus's colleague (36) was able to register when the portal was open for >= 40 yo. She didn't get any appointment though until last few days though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Fair enough. Will clarify that website has been updated to allow registration but not the informational text yet.

Yes.. I can confirm that I managed to register for a vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

Just finally got my appt for Thursday week, the 15th. I’m 37, south Dublin and registered as soon as I could. A 9 day wait feels a bit like they’re just sticking something in the book for all the leftover 35-39s so that the phone doesn’t light up once the portal opens to the next cohort.

Same here & I suspect the same. 17 days after the person the same age as me living in the same house!

Registered 21st June
    Appt on 15th July
    UCD
    Pfizer

No text yet, portal updated in last hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Leinster90 wrote: »
    For the people in Dublin aged 35-39 getting pfizer with a GP, was that arranged directly with the GP or is the HSE directing people who signed up on their website to GPs?

38. Emailed the GP. They rang me back with an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

Appointment date: 12/07
    Text received: not yet, checked portal
    MVC: Aviva
    Pfizer

Partner, same everything, 11/07 Greystones

L1011 wrote: »
    It lets you through with >86 years though. And my Android phone moves the confirmation text to spam which is really not reassuring!

"What group are you in?

If you are not aged 35 to 69, do not register now. You will not be vaccinated if your ID does not match your registration details.

People aged 35 to 69
    I’m not in this group"

Yeah its allowing me to sign up per my age even though the group age itself hasn't been allowed for yet

Surely there's a possibility of that coming back to bite people that registered before they opened it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭greenheep

41 year old still waiting for first appointment at Aviva, called several times but nothing yet

"What group are you in?

People aged 35 to 69
    I’m not in this group"

Yeah its allowing me to sign up per my age even though the group age itself hasn't been allowed for yet

Surely there's a possibility of that coming back to bite people that registered before they opened it.

People have registered early in every age group so far, hasn't caused any issues yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eAug7

What is the Aviva like ventilation-wise? I read a post from a few months ago saying that it was very stuffy/cramped in the final queue for vaccination. Has it improved at all?

Flying Fox wrote: »
    People have registered early in every age group so far, hasn't caused any issues yet.

Defeats the purpose of the age breakups so.
    Sorry didn't know that was how it went as I only dealt with it today since the announcement of my age group same as I did this morning in local pharmacy

Not to worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Downloaded

Appointment date: 16/07
    Text received: No
    Portal: Updated in last hour
    MVC: UCD
    Type: Gucci (Pfizer)

Advertisement