Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Slabs of Budweiser €20 in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

They were €26 in my Aldi today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Guinness deals anywhere?

€12.50 for 8 in SuperValu is the cheapest I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Guinness deals anywhere?

Dunnes have 15 x 500ml cans of Guinness and Carlsberg for €18 until the 6th of july.
    €1.20 per can.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭odddavey

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Apologies for being slight off topic but can anyone recommend a cider that is not sickly sweet or over fizzy (as I find those two & Bulmers)?

The best "non-sweet" cider that I can find is Cullens in Aldi but it is still quite sweet.

I love Longeville cider but at €4.50 a bottle, it's not for your normal Friday night out the back brew!!

Anything a bit drier out there at a booze deal price?

Thanks!!

Every now and again Lidl have a French Normandy cider, 700ml I think, 3 euro. Worth keeping an eye out for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Dunnes have 15 x 500ml cans of Guinness and Carlsberg for €18 until the 6th of july.
    €1.20 per can.

Nice one. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl
    XCSVeBi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Apologies for being slight off topic but can anyone recommend a cider that is not sickly sweet or over fizzy (as I find those two & Bulmers)?

The best "non-sweet" cider that I can find is Cullens in Aldi but it is still quite sweet.

I love Longeville cider but at €4.50 a bottle, it's not for your normal Friday night out the back brew!!

Thanks!!

I find the Old Mout cider to be a lot less sweet than Kopperberg and Bulmers, see it occasionally in Tesco and Lidl, if you're near the north can get 4 bottles for £6.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pjq

Guinness deals anywhere?

€28 for 24 Guinness and €24 for 24 Molson , Lidl Carrick on Suir this am

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭DeniG2

Any good deals on slabs of Heineken 24x500ml cans anywhere, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

DeniG2 wrote: »
    Any good deals on slabs of Heineken 24x500ml cans anywhere, thanks

8 cans for €10 in Tesco seems to be best right now. They are selling slabs for €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Thanks!!

Try "WOODGATE" in Lidl - its cheap and a decent Cider.
    I buy it regularly.
    Can't comment on the sweetness of it for you - Cider is Cider in my book I guess but definitely worth a try.
    A lot of people I know have tried it and stayed with it.

cadaliac wrote: »
    I buy it regularly.
    Can't comment on the sweetness of it for you - Cider is Cider in my book I guess but definitely worth a try.
    A lot of people I know have tried it and stayed with it.

I drink it the odd time and it's definitely better than most mainstream ciders, but still quite sweet. Rosies dew in tesco is another one try to see if it suits. Or inches in supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I buy it regularly.

I like woodgate, but pefer Aldis cheap one, they are cheapest in the 2L bottles. The aldi one has been mentioned/recommended several times before.

I would prefer either over bulmers, and I am not bad mouthing bulmers, or "anti mainstream brands", I drink it no bother when its on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Apple Tree is a lovely cider but it's 6%. Carryout stock it

Lidl 08/07
    jyxrEAY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Thanks!!

Savannah, South African cider is drier than Bulmers, I love Longeville as well and I'd quite happily drink Savannah, normally get it in O Briens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Slabs of Coors (4%) in supervalu for €30. Oddly enough they seem to be that price a long time in there but only ever in one of the supervalus in Waterford. The other one never has them for some reason and it's not because they are selling out. Law of averages says if that was the case they would have been there at least once when I popped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flended12

Thanks!!

Cousin of mine in Midleton drink Johnny Fall Down Cider and loves it. Can sometimes be hard to get outside Cork. https://www.killahoraorchards.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Bitterol for €7.99 in Lidl ( the Spritz is there at the same price)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

zell12 wrote: »
    Lidl 08/07
    jyxrEAY.png

I think that all this is now produced in France, which is a shame as the xxl used to be German , alas

• Registered Users Posts: 29,943 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

93Cab wrote: »
    Bitterol for €7.99 in Lidl ( the Spritz is there at the same price)!

Darn. I didn't the Bitterol, only the Bitterol Spritz & the branded Aperol for €17.

The Bitterol Spritz is handy as pre-mixed, but bottle really needs to be 1 litre... disappears very quickly!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I think that all this is now produced in France, which is a shame as the xxl used to be German , alas

Got a few of these last time, and while it isn't as nice as it used to be, it still isn't a bad beer at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

For those missing the German Perlenbacher there is now an alternative in Lidl.

Oettinger 500ml can €1.09.

It's brewed in Germany in accordance with the Purity Law and it's 4.7%.

It's sold in single units so not a fortune to try a couple.

All in I think it's all it's a bit of a booze deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭sidcon

elperello wrote: »
    For those missing the German Perlenbacher there is now an alternative in Lidl.

Oettinger 50ml can €1.09.

It's brewed in Germany in accordance with the Purity Law and it's 4.7%.

It's sold in single units so not a fortune to try a couple.

All in I think it's all it's a bit of a booze deal.

50ml can jezus that will just tickle the throat

• Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

sidcon wrote: »
    50ml can jezus that will just tickle the throat

How right you are, 500ml or half a litre it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,852 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Interesting. Oettinger is decent stuff but used to only be available occasionally, and in 330mLx6 packs.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Darn. I didn't the Bitterol, only the Bitterol Spritz & the branded Aperol for €17.

The Bitterol Spritz is handy as pre-mixed, but bottle really needs to be 1 litre... disappears very quickly!

They only had the Spritz and the Aperol in the first Lidl I went to ( Dundalk) so I went to the next one and there was loads of the Bitterol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Has anyone ordered beer from the uk since brexit? Is addresspal still a work around?

Advertisement