Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Dunboyne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 househunter21

I know that a lot of people will be gutted. If it's any help, there are some gorgeous houses being built by Glenveagh in Silver Banks, Stamullen. We decided to buy a 4 bed semi there for less than 400k - bigger and nicer layout than the 4 bed in Dunboyne. The rural area won't be for everyone but you have a beach, train station, etc within a 5 minute drive. Worth checking out if anyone is interested and hopefully it'll be the silver lining that it has been for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I know that a lot of people will be gutted. If it's any help, there are some gorgeous houses being built by Glenveagh in Silver Banks, Stamullen. We decided to buy a 4 bed semi there for less than 400k - bigger and nicer layout than the 4 bed in Dunboyne. The rural area won't be for everyone but you have a beach, train station, etc within a 5 minute drive. Worth checking out if anyone is interested and hopefully it'll be the silver lining that it has been for us!

What phase is yours in? I bought a 4 bed in phase two which is being built right now. They are lovely houses for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 househunter21

Our phase is being built now too! We're in the first row of the Mews so the brick work is already being done on the front :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Our phase is being built now too! We're in the first row of the Mews so the brick work is already being done on the front :-)

Nice, I know the ones. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciarah1504

I received an initial email at 12.40 today, a very badly laid out email and replied to that at 13.03. I then got a better laid out email at 14.27 today.
    I received a reply at 16.03 that they booked us an appointment to view on Saturday as Friday was sold out. The price is really bothering me for the size of the house but will take a look and see if we feel it’s suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Homebuyer21

I hope everyone who is genuinely interested in a house can reserve one. It’s possible a lot of people are just making enquiries and curious but not interested. Some may not have the finance, and so often unfortunately can’t get credit. There have been cancellations in previous phases. Don’t lose hope.

In my opinion a new house has merits because they don’t have the potentially huge hidden costs of fixing up a second hand house. I heard it can be easy to sink huge money modernising some older second hand houses, and making them energy efficient ...

I have heard only good things about how Merville build. They seem to stick to their list of first who registered interest get first choice too. It’s reassuring that regulations are so tight following the messes that we’re made during boom time building.

Houses built now are supposed to be of top quality. I hope everyone finds the home the need. This is a very hard time for buyers. There’re are clearly not enough houses being built in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭you2008

I hope everyone who is genuinely interested in a house can reserve one. It’s possible a lot of people are just making enquiries and curious but not interested. Some may not have the finance, and so often unfortunately can’t get credit. There have been cancellations in previous phases. Don’t lose hope.

In my opinion a new house has merits because they don’t have the potentially huge hidden costs of fixing up a second hand house. I heard it can be easy to sink huge money modernising some older second hand houses, and making them energy efficient ...

I have heard only good things about how Merville build. They seem to stick to their list of first who registered interest get first choice too. It’s reassuring that regulations are so tight following the messes that we’re made during boom time building.

Houses built now are supposed to be of top quality. I hope everyone finds the home the need. This is a very hard time for buyers. There’re are clearly not enough houses being built in the area.

I had someone offer me to pay him to get on top of the waiting list ( of course pay after deposit) I did not take it, as I think it B*hit, please dont ask who are they, but i was offered ( not related to this development by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 calmness

ongarite wrote: »
    Prices up by 35 to 40K per house type since December.
    4 bed at 500K, 3 bed end of terrace at 410-420K and mid-terrace to 390K.

Big money for FTB even with HTB.

This is just insane hike in prices, add another 30-40k to do the flooring and furniture. I really wonder if it will fetch 450k for a second hand 3 bed in that area!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BucketListers

calmness wrote: »
    This is just insane hike in prices, add another 30-40k to do the flooring and furniture. I really wonder if it will fetch 450k for a second hand 3 bed in that area!
    I don't know what second hand houses you are looking that come fully furnished! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Marscall16

Hey everyone, I also purchased in phase 2 and I am in the back row. Builder has told us final valuation should be early July and Mid to End July for Snagging and Close.

Very excited to move in and its been very helpful reading through this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

Marscall16 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I also purchased in phase 2 and I am in the back row. Builder has told us final valuation should be early July and Mid to End July for Snagging and Close.

Very excited to move in and its been very helpful reading through this thread.

Getting closer alright! We are really hoping to be in by Mid August but might be wishful thinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Marscall16

Does anyone who has moved in already have recommendations for a tiler and floorer?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Raighne01

Does anyone who has moved in already have recommendations for a tiler and floorer?

We got laminate flooring downstairs and carpet on the stairs and in the bedrooms - supplied and fitted from Ashbourne Home Centre, very happy with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FTBuyer2021

Hello,

I am using Ratoath Carpets for laminate and carpet. They did the showhouse. Re tiling, Walsh Tiling is a local company with great reviews.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Harleyheels_92

Hi folks! Just an update for anyone who is buying in row 33-42, we snagged our house on Friday 11th June and it should be ready for final snag this Wednesday. There was very little on the snag list that was in any way major. Our bedroom door had to be replaced as it was warped, the insulation in the attic had to be laid and finished off properly, some plasterwork had to be fixed and the weep holes in the back wall of the house had to be cleared as some were blocked. Other than that it was all cosmetic stuff that we can fix ourselves once we’re moved in. We’re hoping to be able to close on Friday 2nd July! Hope everything goes well with everyone else who is closing soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Hi folks! Just an update for anyone who is buying in row 33-42, we snagged our house on Friday 11th June and it should be ready for final snag this Wednesday. There was very little on the snag list that was in any way major. Our bedroom door had to be replaced as it was warped, the insulation in the attic had to be laid and finished off properly, some plasterwork had to be fixed and the weep holes in the back wall of the house had to be cleared as some were blocked. Other than that it was all cosmetic stuff that we can fix ourselves once we’re moved in. We’re hoping to be able to close on Friday 2nd July! Hope everything goes well with everyone else who is closing soon! :)

So exciting! Thanks for posting this. We were snagged last Friday and it was mostly cosmetic bits too thankfully. Hoping to close in the next two weeks all going well! Best of luck and we will hopefully meet you soon!

FYI for anyone needing a snagger the one we used was excellent - so detailed and thorough. His name is Mick and he's from snagmyhouse.ie. He has done a few houses in the estate so he is really knowledgeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BucketListers

We snagged on 4th June, was told they were finished 17th June, went out to check the snags that day, some were done some were not. Told today they would be ready to check again tomorrow Wednesday 23rd June. Hoping they are all done this time around.
    Wasn't happy with the kitchen counter coming in two pieces and being joined at the hob, feel like it's not particularly safe as I don't think it will hold the hob long term, but was told that's how the showhouse is so they won't be changing it....it definitely more noticeable in our house than the showhouse which is annoying, but feel like I am stuck in a rock and a hard place. Is everyone else's counter in two pieces joined at the hob?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barbarosa

We snagged on 4th June, was told they were finished 17th June, went out to check the snags that day, some were done some were not. Told today they would be ready to check again tomorrow Wednesday 23rd June. Hoping they are all done this time around.
    Wasn't happy with the kitchen counter coming in two pieces and being joined at the hob, feel like it's not particularly safe as I don't think it will hold the hob long term, but was told that's how the showhouse is so they won't be changing it....it definitely more noticeable in our house than the showhouse which is annoying, but feel like I am stuck in a rock and a hard place. Is everyone else's counter in two pieces joined at the hob?

==========
    That is interesting - we never saw this when visiting the showhouse (did not pay all that much attention to the counter-top, tbh), did anyone who already moved in or did the snagging recently notice it?

Also - appreciate if You guys can update re' broadband - still only on mobile option? Is any way to help things move from our end - i.e send a collective letter to a network provider, or can this only be done by the builder' company?

Thx

barbarosa wrote: »
    ==========
    That is interesting - we never saw this when visiting the showhouse (did not pay all that much attention to the counter-top, tbh), did anyone who already moved in or did the snagging recently notice it?

Also - appreciate if You guys can update re' broadband - still only on mobile option? Is any way to help things move from our end - i.e send a collective letter to a network provider, or can this only be done by the builder' company?

Thx

Hi, I was told prepaypower.ie do some offer on broadband, and cover Castle Farm. They offer fibre broadband with electricity. I don’t know much more, but might be worth checking out?

Still only mobile at the moment. Although Virgin were laying fibre lines a week or two ago so they might be available as an option soon. Nothing that can be done to speed up the process with Eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Homie125

Raighne01 wrote: »
    I'll PM you now!

I think it'll be a while before the broadband is sorted.
    No space lost on the second floor, the bannister was broken just outside the master bedroom and the second stairs went above the first stairs.

Sorry am late to this thread but Raighne01, I was wondering if you could also dm details of attic conversion and putting in stairs. Photos look great! TIA

May be a silly question:

Once people received their MPRN, did you just sign up to an electricity provider online and then let the builders know once it was active? Do we need to ask for anything additional since its a first time connection?

Wormy001 wrote: »
    May be a silly question:

Once people received their MPRN, did you just sign up to an electricity provider online and then let the builders know once it was active? Do we need to ask for anything additional since its a first time connection?

==================================
    I rang up Bord Gáis this week (online accnt set-up was throwing up an error for whatever reason) - they need an accnt nmbr (if You have one with them already then same accnt nmbr will be used, else they create a new one for You), Your MPRN, address (current + new one, probably only new address should suffice), and perhaps billing details (not sure on this - as I already have an accnt with them so they have billing/card details)...
    Then I got an email from Bord Gáis that new accnt setup could not yet be completed yet - and gave me a ph nmrb from ESB Networks - to call them and find out what the issue was...rang them - they already had all the details for the house, names, etc - just were missing a wiring certificate - so I emailed builder - they were aware and said that will be sent in to ESB shortly....

I suspect once certs get into ESB:
    1. ESB -> will inform Bord Gais all is good from their perspective
    2. Bord Gais will confirm to me that accnt was setup
    3. Done

Hope this helps (I think if certs were sent out already for all the Phase 2 houses, You should only have to register with Your provider and will not need to talk to ESB, as well)

Good Luck

==================================
    I rang up Bord Gáis this week (online accnt set-up was throwing up an error for whatever reason) - they need an accnt nmbr (if You have one with them already then same accnt nmbr will be used, else they create a new one for You), Your MPRN, address (current + new one, probably only new address should suffice), and perhaps billing details (not sure on this - as I already have an accnt with them so they have billing/card details)...
    Then I got an email from Bord Gáis that new accnt setup could not yet be completed yet - and gave me a ph nmrb from ESB Networks - to call them and find out what the issue was...rang them - they already had all the details for the house, names, etc - just were missing a wiring certificate - so I emailed builder - they were aware and said that will be sent in to ESB shortly....

I suspect once certs get into ESB:
    1. ESB -> will inform Bord Gais all is good from their perspective
    2. Bord Gais will confirm to me that accnt was setup
    3. Done

Hope this helps (I think if certs were sent out already for all the Phase 2 houses, You should only have to register with Your provider and will not need to talk to ESB, as well)

Good Luck

Out of interest ... anyone in Phase 2 (3rd row of houses) managed to register succesfully for electricity?
    Just wondering if we're the only ones having this problem to register for electricity/ESB?

Thx

Out of interest ... anyone in Phase 2 (3rd row of houses) managed to register succesfully for electricity?
    Just wondering if we're the only ones having this problem to register for electricity/ESB?

Thx

We are in the same row as you but are yet to try. When we emailed the builder they said to sign up so when they send the certs over it’s ready to go. Didn’t get the impression there was much urgency? But could be wrong. Will give it a try this weekend and let you know if we manage it.

==========

Thx

It looks like virgin media broadband is available now!

Wormy001 wrote: »
    We are in the same row as you but are yet to try. When we emailed the builder they said to sign up so when they send the certs over it’s ready to go. Didn’t get the impression there was much urgency? But could be wrong. Will give it a try this weekend and let you know if we manage it.

We also had hassle with it. I set up an account with one provider. But the builder said they couldn’t see we had registered on the system. I re-registered with electric Ireland. I told them electricity was connected on the site and that a meter had been put up and I appeared on the system straight away.
    I’d try again with electric Ireland if you’re having difficulty as they are the source provider for the estate. Once they have electricity it’ll speed up the process of getting home bond and snagging etc.

Thx

Following up on this. We setup online on Friday but our order is still showing up as processing. So I don't know if there are any issues as such. According to the Builder the electricity will be setup on Wednesday so I presume that means the certs will be sent today or tomorrow.

Also, has anyone got any recommendation for blinds? Looking to get a booking put in for as soon as we get the house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 okelleher1

Hello all!
    We are snagging #<MOD SNIP> this Friday. Hopefully close soon thereafter. Really looking forward to moving in!
    Any tips on security, curtains, internet provider, or other items of relevance would be great to hear from you guys!

I picked up a lot from the earlier posts already so much appreciated!
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Harleyheels_92

okelleher1 wrote: »
    Hello all!
    We are snagging #<MOD SNIP> this Friday. Hopefully close soon thereafter. Really looking forward to moving in!
    Any tips on security, curtains, internet provider, or other items of relevance would be great to hear from you guys!

I picked up a lot from the earlier posts already so much appreciated!
    Cheers.

Virgin media broadband is only available at the moment and we have been given an installation date of 5 weeks from now, which is an absolute farce to be honest. Going to make moving in and working from home very difficult because the mobile data signals in the house is very bad also, presumably due to the thick walls and thick insulation!

Advertisement