Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

fits wrote: »
    Plus lifting in and out of car seats. My twins are 4.5 now and it’s only now we don’t really use a buggy anymore that ID.3 would be practical for us. The double buggy does need a bit of room.

I couldn’t care less about the HP as long as there’s enough to overtake safely. And I think allEVs have that. Save the racing for the model 3

Might get away with the ID.3 so. If there's no buggy anymore you've a tonne of room saved. What's the rear seat space like in the ID.3? I know the rear space in the ID.4 is huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Might get away with the ID.3 so. If there's no buggy anymore you've a tonne of room saved. What's the rear seat space like in the ID.3? I know the rear space in the ID.4 is huge!

We have an ID.3 on order :). There’s good space for the rear seats. But I would like a bigger boot.
    But we also have a Q5 for the load carrying and towing jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

hogan86 wrote: »
    Thats my worry - twins, if its not some sort of new buggy every few weeks then its toys and associated crap.

I've a nipper double buggy (the side by side one) and it fits the ID.4 boot no problem plus tons of room to spare

Pretty sure it wouldn't fit in the ID 3 boot without taking the parcel shelf out and wheels off (the buggy, not the car :))

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I've a nipper double buggy (the side by side one) and it fits the ID.4 boot no problem plus tons of room to spare

Pretty sure it wouldn't fit in the ID 3 boot without taking the parcel shelf out and wheels off (the buggy, not the car :))

I’d say it would actually without taking wheels off. But you wouldn’t get much else in. We just sold our double nipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

robbie_63 wrote: »
    who needs 200bhp in a family car anyway

Had a spin in ours at the weekend and it has plenty of power,instant when you need it.

I agree it’s plenty for most people, but 200bhp in a 2+ tonne car is only about the same bhp per tonne as a 150bhp in a 1.5 tonne car (like a 2L diesel Tiguan for example), this has to be considered.

• Advertisement

Is anyone else having issues with their WeConnect app ?

Mine has been like this the last few days, I've logged out and in, reinstalled app etc and no joy .. also checked the car is online :confused:

Any suggestions ? Thanks.

557743.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

v10 wrote: »

Mine has been like this the last few days, I've logged out and in, reinstalled app etc and no joy .. also checked the car is online :confused:

557743.jpg

Ours is the same since Friday, worked fine when we collected the car on Thursday but has been offline ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Ours is the same since Friday, worked fine when we collected the car on Thursday but has been offline ever since.

Mine was the same fine Thursday Friday stopped working. Did a factory reset on the car and rescanned the code from the car and all fine now.

Liam2021 wrote: »
    Mine was the same fine Thursday Friday stopped working. Did a factory reset on the car and rescanned the code from the car and all fine now.

Really ? sounds like a very ott fix .. I assume every setting in the car is lost if you do that ?

Really ? sounds like a very ott fix .. I assume every setting in the car is lost if you do that ?

Only took a few minutes to set up again. It's a bit like a computer turn off and on again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

Thanks for all the replies and great to hear others opinions. Rang the dealers today and no ID4s in stock and have a deposit on the Moonstone ID3 and he has already registered it so I am just going ahead, had enough of car shopping and changing my mind, been like a game of ping pong.

Buggy wise I will keep you all posted, maybe even take a picture with it loaded. I think its the right decision as it will probably cost me €10k more for a bigger boot and the same spec.

Just happy to be getting a new car and get rid of the ICE and the costs associated with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

fits wrote: »
    I’d say it would actually without taking wheels off. But you wouldn’t get much else in. We just sold our double nipper.

True, the nipper double fits in the Leaf boot which is a tad smaller I think

But it has to go on it's side and takes up the whole boot, so can't fit much else in

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Only took a few minutes to set up again. It's a bit like a computer turn off and on again.

Ok thanks, will give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

How long goes it normally take to delivery after the build week date?

I know probably too broad a question, but the dealer said could be week 38 now for build which sounds like September. Seems a waste of time if delivery won’t be till October

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

pad199207 wrote: »
    How long goes it normally take to delivery after the build week date?

I know probably too broad a question, but the dealer said could be week 38 now for build which sounds like September. Seems a waste of time if delivery won’t be till October

looks to be about 4 weeks after build week, depends on a whole rake of variables though ...

557743.jpg

You could try disconnect the app from your car. Login to your account on volkswagen.ie , go to your vehicles, and for your car down the bottom you can "Disconnect from We Connect".

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/owners-and-users/myvolkswagen/garage.html

The app should then load as if for the first time. You've to add your vin to connect things up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

hogan86 wrote: »
    Very true, if it was my own car with just me driving then it would be different.

Before I go trawling through brochures,

Whats the biggest difference between the City and Style?

Eg does the City version have Matrix Led lights pr pano roof etc?

Anybody?

Is it worth paying the extra few k. Putting a no order in for. One of them in the morning

Can the panoramic roof be added as an extra?

I agree it’s plenty for most people, but 200bhp in a 2+ tonne car is only about the same bhp per tonne as a 150bhp in a 1.5 tonne car (like a 2L diesel Tiguan for example), this has to be considered.
    There is no comparison between the tiguan allspace 150hp and the id4 204hp. Instant power in the id and a lot quicker acceleration then the tiguan. I had a tiguan before my id4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭hold my beer

ted1 wrote: »
    Anybody?

Is it worth paying the extra few k. Putting a no order in for. One of them in the morning

Can the panoramic roof be added as an extra?

Their brochure with all the specs is where you should be looking

Their brochure with all the specs is where you should be looking

The brochure just lists items , doesn’t say if people’s real world experience says that they are worth getting.
    Also can’t see if the panoramic roof is an option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

There is no comparison between the tiguan allspace 150hp and the id4 204hp. Instant power in the id and a lot quicker acceleration then the tiguan. I had a tiguan before my id4

+1

You cant directly compare the BHP of an EV to an ICE.

The BHP figures you get from an ICE car are at set rpm's that most people dont drive at. The BHP figure you get from an EV is from the get go. Completely different experience.

The brochure just lists items , doesn’t say if people’s real world experience says that they are worth getting.

As far as I know, nothing can be options onto the id4, other than a tow bar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

As far as I know, nothing can be options onto the id4, other than a tow bar

Think the options are Electric/massage seats, towbar, heatpump and maybe one more. Sunroof isn't one anyway.

On the comparison between the City and Style I did a comparison before and the style there is about 6 differences. Matrix lights is one.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Think the options are Electric/massage seats, towbar, heatpump and maybe one more. Sunroof isn't one anyway.

On the comparison between the City and Style I did a comparison before and the style there is about 6 differences. Matrix lights is one.

Are the 6 things worth it?

Shame about the extras, Skoda allow roof selection on the enaq. Page 8

https://www.skoda.ie/_doc/690a510f-d432-4978-aa29-cdc328ac1942

KCross wrote: »
    +1

You cant directly compare the BHP of an EV to an ICE.

The BHP figures you get from an ICE car are at set rpm's that most people dont drive at. The BHP figure you get from an EV is from the get go. Completely different experience.

I wasn't saying the Tiguan was quicker by any means, I was simply saying 200bhp doesn't give the full picture. My iD4 is definitely slower than my 190bhp Diesel BMW, it appears quicker because the power delivery is so different but when I compared side by side, the iD4 couldn't keep up. It's still plenty quick and probably quicker than most ICE powered SUVs in the same class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Are the 6 things worth it?

Shane about the extras, Skoda allow roof selection on the enaq. Page 8

https://www.skoda.ie/_doc/690a510f-d432-4978-aa29-cdc328ac1942

Only roof selection you get is to make it black and it adds the silver trim on the side of it too.

Depends on if you are into having a pretty high spec car or if there is a particular item you would like to have. From what I could gather the Style and the Business are basically the same car, one being 58kWh and the other 77kWh and the difference is a whopping10k.

Anyone else a bit annoyed the auto dipping passenger side wing mirror isn't a thing in the id4 1st, given it was listed as a feature in every brochure for the 1st?

I thought it was just a software thing, but it's on the 1st max, but not the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Panoramic Roof is from Family and up to Max

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

My VIN showed up on myvolkswagen about 10 days ago. Any guesses on how long until it ships?

• Advertisement

Read somewhere about emailing VW with a "I want OTA" subject line to id@volkswagen.de, and they'll pop you on an OTA upgrade list. Could just all be a placebo, but I got an email back saying

We are pleased to support you with your request about the mobile online services with the case number <redacted>

Advertisement