Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

I think unless you have registered through the portal they won't have your email address and you are going to have a real issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Economics101

TefalBrain wrote: »
    I think unless you have registered through the portal they won't have your email address and you are going to have a real issue.
    In that case the over 70s who were vaccinated via their GPs might be in trouble. Except I think that GPs might have PPSNs on their systems, because of tie-ins with over 70s medical/GP visit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

I'll chase up with their GP and lets see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

westcork67 wrote: »
    The parents heading off to Spain early July - both fully vaccinated. I started the process to get a QR code which is fine but you need to finalise the process to get the code within 48 hours of the flight departing Dublin - it says you need a Vaccine Cert - Do you get this from your GP? Or is that the cards they got filled out when they actually got their 2nd vaccines - For an aviation industry that is on its knees so called, their online advice on their websites to help passengers to travel is sh1te!!! both RyanAir and Aer Lingus get your acts together.

They will get it with their PCR or Antigen test

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Southeasterly

Skippette wrote: »
    Just after getting my second shot and while I was waiting the few minutes after the nurse asked me to double check the name on the vaccination card was the same as my passport, as that's the data that is uploaded to the HSE.

If you got it done in the doctor's maybe give them a call or if in a vaccination centre give the HSE centre a call. I'm sure they've been asked a similar question already?

The HSE helpline were able to rectify my name issue over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

westcork67 wrote: »
    The parents heading off to Spain early July - both fully vaccinated. I started the process to get a QR code which is fine but you need to finalise the process to get the code within 48 hours of the flight departing Dublin - it says you need a Vaccine Cert - Do you get this from your GP? Or is that the cards they got filled out when they actually got their 2nd vaccines - For an aviation industry that is on its knees so called, their online advice on their websites to help passengers to travel is sh1te!!! both RyanAir and Aer Lingus get your acts together

How do you start the process to get a QR code?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Following thread for this one

Dunno what to do in my situation if I can even get this

Currently living in North America and I'm fully vaccinated. But the certs I have are by email with no barcodes etc. I'm still an Irish citizen, passport etc so wondering how this will go if I want to get the EU app ?

I know my first vaccine they asked for a passport number when booking but the second one used a different system altogether so I'm not sure at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Tenger wrote: »
    Ive ordered a WHO vaccination book from Amazon. Going to get my GP to complete it for my J&J shot.

I dont expect the DCC to be rolled out in time for 19th July so that will be accepted globally.

Is that not a standard in Ireland? How do people keep records of when/what shots they have had and when they need renewal? Everyone here in Germany has the WHO book that is officially signed and stamped with every shot you ever had. The covid shots are also registered in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

jester77 wrote: »
    Is that not a standard in Ireland? How do people keep records of when/what shots they have had and when they need renewal? Everyone here in Germany has the WHO book that is officially signed and stamped with every shot you ever had. The covid shots are also registered in it.

Not standard at all but you can get your records from the HSE/GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭josip

jester77 wrote: »

No, not standard in Ireland.
    Most people don't need vaccine renewals as adults in Ireland, only those who travel to Africa, South America and parts of Asia would need them. Your GP would have their own record of your last tetanus shot.

We got vaccinated in an MVC so we had to pay our GP €20 per adult to transcribe and stamp the Impfbucher.
    It's well worth it though for the ease of traveling in Germanic Europe and not to be worrying about the HSE card being accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

josip wrote: »
    No, not standard in Ireland.
    Most people don't need vaccine renewals as adults in Ireland, only those who travel to Africa, South America and parts of Asia would need them. Your GP would have their own record of your last tetanus shot.

We got vaccinated in an MVC so we had to pay our GP €20 per adult to transcribe and stamp the Impfbucher.
    It's well worth it though for the ease of traveling in Germanic Europe and not to be worrying about the HSE card being accepted.

Yeah definitely worth it and crazy you had to pay €20, I wouldn't trust my GP to call me in 10 years to let me know that I need to come in for a tetanus update.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So the vaccinated are going to receive a letter which can be displayed digitally, I presume the vaccination card I got with my second vaccination is useless then. What was the point of getting the card then?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0705/1233041-covid-19/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

So the vaccinated are going to receive a letter which can be displayed digitally, I presume the vaccination card I got with my second vaccination is useless then. What was the point of getting the card then?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0705/1233041-covid-19/

It's not useless. I know Spain and Portugal are accepting it as proof of vaccination as recently as yesterday. Be that remains after the 19th is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭carveone

Sorry if I've missed something obvious.
    When vaccinated we all had to provide PPSNs. (OK, maybe there were a few hermits who didn't have any). Why can't the HSE set up a website where you login using your PPSN, with provision for setting up password protection. Then just apply online for Vaccine Cert which can be emailed to you (paper version) or sent to your phone for app-based version.

Or the DEASP who have all this in place today. Bearing in mind that the data required on the digital cert is name, dob, vaccination status. Let's say 500 bytes x 5 million people = 2.5GB. I don't have a USB key that small. Could you trust the HSE to get across to social welfare without leaving it on a bus?

My brother in law got his jab in Romania. His status was uploaded to a server which signed the data, created a QR code and replied with the result on the spot. He had it on his phone before he left the centre. His data might have been saved but it didn't have to be - the whole point of the cert is that anyone can validate it. No databases are needed.

If you look up the spec of the QR code, it's a blob of JSON which is signed with a private key and compressed. Validation only requires the corresponding public key and those are all publicly downloadable from the EU servers. The EU have a github repository with specs and test QR codes and code samples in Python and Java. A student could do this.

Because validation is standalone - you don't even need an internet connection if you cache the public keys first - the DAA could just buy validators from a more competent country and plug them in. They could do this today. But they haven't. Why? My guess is that it would make us look bad. Correction, worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

carveone wrote: »
    The EU have a github repository with specs and test QR codes and code samples in Python and Java.
    Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sorry if this has been posted already, but presumably any of the apps will work as a validator?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lu.etat.ci.dcc.android&hl=en_IE&gl=US
    Luxembourgish national mobile app to check EU Digital COVID Certificates - The app allows to check in real-time the authenticity and validity of documents issued in the context of the EU Digital COVID Certificate #EUCOVIDCertificate:
    • certificate of recovery;
    • vaccination certificate;
    • test certificate.

CovidCheck.lu allows users to:
    • scan the QR code on the certificate;
    • check the authenticity and the validity of the certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭carveone

Lumen wrote: »
    Link?

Sorry, good point :o

https://github.com/eu-digital-green-certificates

It's all a bit, waffly, but that's the EU for you. Ireland has test certificates at:

https://github.com/eu-digital-green-certificates/dgc-testdata/tree/main/IE

Usually, I find searching easier with google than attempting to trawl through ec.europa.eu for relevant specification documents. Because there's so much media babble, you end up doing searches with specific terms.

Example: digital green certificate json fn fnt

Gives you:

(JSON spec) https://ec.europa.eu/health/sites/default/files/ehealth/docs/covid-certificate_json_specification_en.pdf

(Cert value sets) https://ec.europa.eu/health/sites/default/files/ehealth/docs/digital-green-certificates_dt-specifications_en.pdf

Honestly, there's just piles of stuff out there. It's like doing searches for Arduino - everyone and their dog has implemented an app.
    Lumen wrote:
    Sorry if this has been posted already, but presumably any of the apps will work as a validator?

Yes. The whole point of public key signing was for anybody to able to validate any QR code issued by any country.

So if 2 vaccinated adults and 2 under 12s are travelling to a country that does not require testing of children, the adults will need the letter and kids will just have nothing? Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

TefalBrain wrote: »
    It's not useless. I know Spain and Portugal are accepting it as proof of vaccination as recently as yesterday. Be that remains after the 19th is another matter.

The vaccination card is and always was intended as your personal record of your vaccination only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Currently living in North America and I'm fully vaccinated. But the certs I have are by email with no barcodes etc. I'm still an Irish citizen, passport etc so wondering how this will go if I want to get the EU app ?

I know my first vaccine they asked for a passport number when booking but the second one used a different system altogether so I'm not sure at all.

I called the HSE last week. She took the lot numbers and dates plus the usual personal info and said my data will be updated. Hoping that gives me access to the Irish cert with a north american dose.

• Advertisement

Doylers wrote: »
    I called the HSE last week. She took the lot numbers and dates plus the usual personal info and said my data will be updated. Hoping that gives me access to the Irish cert with a north american dose.

Oh great, do you have a link or Info where to contact them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

beachhead wrote: »
    The vaccination card is and always was intended as your personal record of your vaccination only.

so we can just bin it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭geecee

Tenger wrote: »
    Ive ordered a WHO vaccination book from Amazon. Going to get my GP to complete it for my J&J shot.

Have you a link to it on Amazon? Seems to be an lot of unofficial ones for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It’s not mandatory for them to issue it and, I suspect, you would have a greater opportunity if you were resident in the EU. The law is below. I would hope that they need more than a mere phone call as suggested by the other contributor.

The question is what will be regarded as “reliable proof”. As travel opens up, I suspect US authorities will be expected to provide more meaningful confirmations (whether on a federal or state basis) and I expect, as part of the normalisation of travel, that this will involve full recognition of US proofs/certs.

Article 8

COVID-19 certificates and other documentation issued by a third country

1. Where a vaccination certificate has been issued in a third country for a COVID-19 vaccine that corresponds to one of the COVID-19 vaccines referred to Article 5(5) and the authorities of a Member State have been provided with all the necessary information, including reliable proof of vaccination, those authorities may, upon request, issue a vaccination certificate as referred to in point (a) of Article 3(1) to the person concerned. A Member State shall not be required to issue a vaccination certificate for a COVID-19 vaccine that is not authorised for use on its territory.

Marcusm wrote: »
    It’s not mandatory for them to issue it and, I suspect, you would have a greater opportunity if you were resident in the EU. The law is below. I would hope that they need more than a mere phone call as suggested by the other contributor.

The question is what will be regarded as “reliable proof”. As travel opens up, I suspect US authorities will be expected to provide more meaningful confirmations (whether on a federal or state basis) and I expect, as part of the normalisation of travel, that this will involve full recognition of US proofs/certs.

Article 8

COVID-19 certificates and other documentation issued by a third country

1. Where a vaccination certificate has been issued in a third country for a COVID-19 vaccine that corresponds to one of the COVID-19 vaccines referred to Article 5(5) and the authorities of a Member State have been provided with all the necessary information, including reliable proof of vaccination, those authorities may, upon request, issue a vaccination certificate as referred to in point (a) of Article 3(1) to the person concerned. A Member State shall not be required to issue a vaccination certificate for a COVID-19 vaccine that is not authorised for use on its territory.

I don't think you're fully correct in what you say,

I have vaccination certs from my location, I am an Irish citizen just living abroad, still on Irish passport etc, if I moved home tomorrow I won't be vaccinated again. So surely they have to respect I've done the correct procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

timeToLive wrote: »
    so we can just bin it then?

Will be use to keep to make sure vaccine batch numbers on the your about to be issued covid certificate match.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I haven't got mine yet - got vaccinated at GPs so have to wait to get it in the post but I did laminate it for a couple of colleagues at work. Then, last night, a local County Councillor posted on their social media that it can't be scanned if it's laminated. If a QR code can be scanned from your phone, why would it not work if laminated?

If we do need to carry them around, they are going to get pretty tatty and those who got it by email can at least re-print, people who get them by post would have to scan and then print - easy for me but not perhaps for older people or anyone without access to a scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

When I got the jab the "jabber" told me to laminate it.

But for the reasons suggested I decided not to.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Look like another bug, by the looks of it the OP deleted their post but there is no indication that of that except an absence of a first post.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I managed to get mine into " my wallet " on my phone .

Advertisement