Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kg703

33 - Yesterday - GP - Pfizer.

Being referred to HSE for second dose as they only had a small amount of vaccines left. Arm is killing me today!

Husband - through HSE portal - 37 - Tomorrow - Pfizer - UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

My Wife,

Age 32

Registered July 8th

Pfizer-BioNTech

Aviva, Next Friday, 23. July

Other half is the same, apart from living in D13.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Responder XY

Wife 33 (1988)

Dublin 7 - first dose Pfizer in Aviva on 21st.

Me - 32 (but also 1988)

Nothing! ( but I will have to cancel once it does come through - I got a J&J in the meantime!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SaltyJohn

Date: Sunday 11th July

Venue: Pharmacy, Cork city

Registered: Rang on the morning of the pharmacy announcement (Friday 2nd July)

Vaccine: Janssen

Most pharmacies seem to have stopped taking names but I am hearing of people getting lucky in small towns and villages, so might be worth a call to some of these places. Heard this as recently as yesterday, same day appointment. I guess since a lot of people rang multiple pharmacies, the size of waiting lists is a bit of an illusion. I would encourage people to keep track of and ring the remaining pharmacies that you contacted if you are offered an appointment elsewhere (though obviously pay attention to how they are doing things - some pharmacies would prefer you to just decline the appointment when offered).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Sparko

33, GP offered me a Pfizer jab on July 10th which I took.

Since then, I was offered a mass vaccine appointment in Fairyhouse which would have been yesterday but I used the stop vaccination process in the portal to free up the slot, GP will give me second dose in early August.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AhhHere

32. Pfizer on Sunday.

Was offer j&j today and Monday by different pharmacies. Cancelled both and they said they'd have no trouble reassigning.

Any safe bike parking in UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭greenheep

41 in the Aviva area, still waiting on First vaccine appointment ! Originally had an appointment that got cancelled after the consent questions were answered. Escalated this 2 weeks ago and still nothing. Calling the helpline doesn't help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

MVC: UCD

Text: 14th July

Apt 1: 18th July

Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

MVC: UCD

Text: July 14th

Apt 1: July 19th

Vaccine Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I wonder what order they're using to give out appointments? I'm 34 (1987), registered on 7th July and nothing yet. My partner is the same age and in the same boat, we live in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,390 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Text received: 14th July

Appointment: 21st July

Pfizer first dose

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

44, getting 2nd vaccine today in Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tippingpoint

Text received: 8th July

Appt: 9th July

Moderna in Sligo, same age and dates for my boyfriend also.

Living near Carrick on Shannon so 2 hour round trip 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Text Received: 11th July

Appointment: 14th July

Vaccine: Moderna

About five friends of mine aged 32-33 registered around the same day and all had appointments yesterday for Moderna in Galway and Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Registered 17th June

Text Received: 12th July

Appointment: 14th July

Took 4 weeks to get an appointment, but after getting my first vaccine its just 4 more weeks until this is all over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Answering questions in advance might stop a few people from turning up unnecessarily and wasting everyone's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Aged 41, west Dublin - second appointment July 19th in Cloghran. 4 weeks to the day after the first dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Tony H

33 year old son registered at midnight 7th july , got a text 15 hours later with an appointment city hall cork on 10th July for Pfizer , did not answer questions beforehand just in case appointment was cancelled and as previous posters said , they would be asked anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

1st Appointment Text Received: 11th June

1st Appointment: 17th June

1st Appointment Location: Limerick Racecourse

2nd Appointment Text Received: 13th July

2nd Appointment: 17th July

2nd Appointment Location: West County, Ennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Text Received: 11th July

Appointment: 14th July but asked for new and received another text for the 16th July

Vaccine: Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 68,225 ✭✭✭✭L1011

34, registered with a pharmacy the day that opened and with the HSE the day that opened (the day it opened early, that is)

Appointments offered:

Pharmacy (smaller/quieter one), J&J, 14/07 - declined

HSE, Pfizer, Citywest, 15/07 - heading to that shortly

The HSE appointment arrived on the 11th, the pharmacy phonecall was on the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

My 30 year old galway pals went quite smooth:

Registered July 6th

Text July 8th

Appt July 11th

Myself..

Registered July 6th

Text July 13th

Appt: July 18th

WIT Arena, Pfizer

Quick turnaround all the same, although Galway seems really efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

MVC: Greystones

Text: Friday 9th July

Apt 1: Tuesday 14th July

Greystones MVC was so efficient - zero queue, all very quick and so well staffed. From door to waiting area post vaccine I must have only been 6-9 minutes. No side effects bar the usual sore arm, which is gone now. If only all HSE services could be so efficient...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Text Received: 14th July

Appointment: 23rd July

Also got a phone call the same day from my Pharmacy for J&J but turned that down since i have an appointment in the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Text Received: Fri 9th July

Appointment: Mon 12th July

Venue: Citywest

Type: Pfizer

I had to reschedule surgery for it as I'm under huge pressure from work to get vaccinated - occupational health has me WFH until vaccinated. In the context of the global situation I'm very grateful and relieved to have received it, but overall, as someone categorised as Cohort 7 by HSE and too at risk to do my job according to occupational health, I feel let down that I won't be fully vaccinated until very end of August.

Appointment went great, centre was very efficient with none of the long queues others have experienced thankfully. From arriving at the door to leaving again took 22 minutes. Staff were fantastic. Mild headache within an hour that lasted the day and my arm was much more painful than expected - struggled to wash and dress for 48 hours! But all cleared up quite suddenly, and I've no concerns about the second dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

I'd say more people had appointments cancelled than peope that turn up but can't get a jab because they failed a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Fairyhouse Racecourse was mental on Saturday queued outside and was let in after asking questions to another massive queue inside took an hour and half in all. Plenty of people from drogheda and Dundalk being sent that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I spoke too soon!

Text Received: None - checked on the HSE Vaccine Portal

Appointment: 21st July

My partner is the same, received no text either, his appointment is on the 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Feedback from friends and family is that those living in Dublin continue to wait longer for appointments than those living in other locations.

My wife and I both got appointments in pharmacies in Meath while waiting for a text from the HSE.

Advertisement