Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you like the New boards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Feisar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

NO....

No dropdowns in the "categories".

Hard to find topics....

No "last page" option

We have LOADSa emoticons though ... 😋😄

It is much better/easier to post pics though ....

👌

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

No. My last post. Cant be bothered wasting my time with this rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭randd1

This is a disaster of change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭PGE1970

It's like when Coca cola changed to "new" Coke.

P45s.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Mobile touch site is awful and practically unusable slow. Can’t find anything. Logging out for now and see what tomorrow brings

Back to Reddit for now I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Where's the thanks option gone, or whatever the new equivalent is? All I'm seeing now is Quote, Facebook and Twitter icons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Mmm, I see, Also the like button has legged it. It was there 2 hours ago. Ohh to be a fly on the wall in Boards HQ today ! Blame game in full swing lol ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Hate it. Just like the touch site that I always avoided.

Only looked at the touch version so far which is Terrible in my opinion

That said in my various memberships of this site over 20 years Its changed radically a few times and it's took a while to get used to the changes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Missing the "My forums" button. Fairly hard now to see what forums you contributed too and when there are updates to them. EDIT: I see it's now under https://boards.ie/discussions/bookmarked but it doesn't differentiate between read and unread posts in threads

Timestamp on posts are right, but in the "My Threads" tab on the homepage the time is an hour behind for the same post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,517 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I cannot find some hosted forums that I was part of :(

Wtf is this **** ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Rosahane

How you you mark everything as read? The only place I see this option is in Notifications!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

No dropdowns is a big fail in my view. It increases the number of clicks to get to something and makes it much more difficult.

Also, I would have normally bolded the "No dropdowns in the categories" line in your quoted post to show that was the part I was referring to. Looks like thats also not possible any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

1995 called and wants' it stuff back. The look and feel is terrible, so many features missing. Was this an upgrade or self-destruction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

How do you put a star and where are the emojies ? No like / thank button ? Am I missing something

Not much cop so far.... No obvious instructions on how to edit/preview post/bold-underline etc... and as far as navigation and finding posts or threads, it is mickey mouse imo

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

First thread I've opened.. not off to a good start, the first two posts both look wrong.

Post1: No padding to the left of the post body

Post2: User/Avatar div alignment is off & the <quote> in the post body has so much whitespace on top of it (probably what's causing the user/avatar to misalign)

And each page load is so slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭veryangryman

AWFUL. Please revert fast. Boards was fine, don't upgrade for upgrade's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Its beyond shìte.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭ITV2

Bargains alerts ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I think it's terrible. I spent 10 minutes try ING to find bargain alerts, when I did the post by dates seem to be all over the place. I find it very slow on my phone. I thought the old layout was great. This I don't like at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Woeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Well according to an endless stream of boot lickers on Twitter, it's free, so no one should complain, but for someone without the taste of leather on their tongue, it sucks so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Shite

Nothing has improved, much has degraded.

Why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

new layout, who dis?

where night mode?

eyes melting

Cant even see things like statistics for thanks vs postcount, find subscribed threads, it's awful

It's like they have taken the awful "talk to" format and rolled it out everywhere, but removed all functionality.

There should have been a GO/NO GO where this was NO GO

Wheres the thanks function

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I don't like this new version at all. Maybe my impressions will change over time, perhaps I'm missing something. But right now, I think it's atrocious, to put it mildly. I thought all this effort was supposed to be for the better? 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

I’m glad that they didn’t waste money on the mobile site, sure those iPhone things will never take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It was here this morning I'm pretty sure. Now it's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

This is a favorite of designers, they usually can't handle it that different monitors and screens have different pixel widths so try and standardize so their design works, form ahead of function, usually a sign that a poor designer has been given too much power :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The smiley face in the corner is creeping me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I think I might come back in a month and see if it's worth staying here. Really awful so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,872 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just posting to see what happens. Touch site isn't great on the eyes.

The image thing looks ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Think I'll leave it for a few days more and see what it's like. Couldn't be bothered with it the way it is, clicking on the arrow to bring you to the last post actually brings you to the first post. Site is all over the shop, just wouldn't have the patience to navigate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

Hate it. Looks sh1te on mobile. Joke of a migration, over a week. If I made such a co(k up in my (it) job I'd be long gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah it was

Mark all read doesn't seem to work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

We need to sort that lad for his Avensis parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

This will take some getting used to. But I'm aware they are only just rolling it out.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It'll be grand once people get used to it. Would be nice to be able to "like" posts again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Its unusable on my phone ? I cant see my threads or even how to find them ?

It was here earlier dunno where it’s gone now.

im really struggling with this. Switched to desktop mode via my mobile browser and it’s not much better. I’m back on touch now.

I was sent a message earlier and only found out about it as I was playing around and clicked my icon on the top right. Used to get a 🔴 over my icon before to show there was a PM.

Sorta typing blind for a while too as the space where I’m typing tries to catch up. It gets hidden under my phone keyboard for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

I do not like this at all. Way too hard to navigate and if a Dark Theme isn't on its way I'll be out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Looks much less compact. Only about 3 posts max fit on my screen at a time without needing to scroll for more (1080p).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I answered 1 post and it posted twice and then commented again and another double post.

Not good so far.

• Advertisement

I think I'll stay off for a while to allow them iron out this nonsense and get to a working version

Advertisement