Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭archfi

Quoted posts if more than a few lines has an arrow to click to expand - it doesn't work so you can't see the quoted post which makes the reply post incoherent.

Links posted are not just links but connect to the external site on loading, it's a live link

No thanks button, no multiquote button --> EDIT Like button appeared on this post but not any others for me to like/thank

EDIT 2 - fixes are live - like button now appearing, flag button appearing

Huge amount of whitespace.

Profile adjustments/options not implemented

No offline status option

Same as others, main links either not coherent or don't work

Notifications polluted by nonsense like changing profile pic

Mobile - huge list of all active users? Why?😯

Profile icon top right corner doesn't fit (white spaces at edges)

I guess most of this is css stuff etc and hopefully gets fixed soon.

What does api.keen.io do?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I can find nothing I want. My bookmarks lists threads I never followed. I can't see my own posts listed. It's god-damned awful. I'll give it a miss for a while and see if it tidies itself up. It's just too much bother to do anything as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

<q>It would be nice for the desktop version to take up more screen space. Huge chunk of space on the right of the screen going unused.</q>

Way to much "white" space all over.

upload img is improvement

quoting controls/presentation, as mentioned above, are poor.

Lots of work ahead for dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Do you know if the next “updates” will be over the coming days or will it be weeks?

It’s far from ideal to have to have to use the browser settings on your phone to switch between Touch and Full Site. Also, I seem to lost the ability to thank, or “like”, posts.

It’s a real shame that the, more, popular users have lost their thanks “totals” as well. Not great having to start from 0. Real shame.

I, personally, feel that the Admins should really consider adding the lost time, 1 week, on to the bans that those users who couldn’t stick within the site rules are, currently, “serving”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I put a hyperlink in a post but it's so similarly coloured, you can't tell it's there unless you mouse over it. Contrast needs adjusting.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Notifications of new posts do not go away after reading. You have to click mark all read.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

To find your subbed threads either...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Dark theme is needed ASAP. The current theme is horrible on my eyes.

Enforced double spacing in posts shouldn't be a thing.

Drop down menus need to brought back, the entire site is not user friendly at all, too many clicks required to do anything.

There is no link at the bottom of a page to go back into the thread forum, you have to scroll all way back up to the top of the page. Again it's not user friendly at all.

TBH I think it was a bad idea going live with so many issues, it's going to drive people away from the site.

EDIT: Threads are not being marked as read, this is a huge issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,557 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm using Chrome on Android, I didn't use the dark theme on the touch site, but all the whiteness here is hurting my eyes.

Will there be an incognito option? That would help to reduce the list of users at the bottom of the page.

The link brings me to a page saying I'm leaving boards & then when followed, it just goes to the homepage.

Bookmarks gives a short list of followed threads. Where are the subbed forums though?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Firstly I suppose thanks Odhran, great to have the site back. I have to say I did miss it while it was away.

I suppose as highlighted above there are always going to be items which people had gotten used to which they'll look for back. Is there anyway for people to log tickets/requests like bugzilla rather than blindly posting into this thread? I can only imagine ye won't be able to see the wood from the trees if ye only take requests through this?

Or even if ye transpose stuff from this into yer own ticketing system, giving people an idea what items ye are going to look at and prioritise?

Thanks again and great to have ye back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

The first link was working fine 10 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Using the mobile site now. Far, far superior to the old touch site. Nice job.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not sure what's going on here where the text is all shunted over the to the right. https://boards.ie/discussion/2058198836/mr-corman-apple#latest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Are previous 'thanks' being migrated over?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The 'My Forums' tab is completely broken on desktop - it's usually the main way I interact and navigate the site! At the moment just seems to be the same as 'My Threads', but in the opposite order.

Obviously 'My Forums' completely missing from touch, but I know the mobile fix is already top of the list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thanks for that - looks to have been added on the go.

An annoyance which i'm sure will change is that you have to click the link to navigate offsite when in fact it is still on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

How can I follow a thread?

ie this one?

Be interested to see if this automatically subscribes me to it, a few people have said it doesn't/wont - but is there a subscribe button somewhere that I just can't find?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

what does "promoted to level 3" mean and why was I promoted to it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There is a bookmark icon to the right of the thread title. It will then be found @ https://boards.ie/discussions/bookmarked

• Advertisement

Right, I've got my answer - posting hasn't subscribed me to it - and I have a right headache now after going all around the houses trying to find the thread again!

So, is there a way to subscribe to a thread that I just can't see?

The title of the thread that I have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page to find???

God, this is all very hard work!

But having said that, I was so bored without boards to resort to for the last week, even trying to find my way around the new version is keeping me somewhat amused, in a perverse sort of way......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Where on earth have all the r&r threads gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

The size of the font and no way to adjust and the wasted space on the right and the double or tripple spaceing!!

The pages are so bright

When you like a post it seems to jump upwards a few posts.

The my forums is a huge miss. I just go to the forums that I am interested in and liked that I would know whether there was a post in one of them by clicking on it.

Visually its quite nice

Im promoted to level 3,whatever that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Please bring back the dark theme, its really not usable for my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,197 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hopefully it's just a couple of clicks required to bring back the Soccer forum with all the old content. It's one of the most popular forums on the site but it seems like it was an afterthought.

The theme looks great on desktop to be fair so well done on whoever custom made that. Hopefully an option to stretch out the content to the full screen like we had available on vbulletin can be added as there's a lot of empty space as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

where is the soccer forum?

I bet they haven't figured out a way to keep the ne'er-do-wells out of it

all the people who use bad language and call people names and upset the snowflakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,846 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

There is ☺

In the Write a comment box , click on first icon bottom left , then the third icon that comes up , spoilers at the bottom of the list .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement