Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you like the New boards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

The About Us link at bottom of page (on desktop) takes you to the old layout of frontpage, only the Thanks button is empty 😀

PS the time is off on posts in that screenshot due to fingerprinting blocks in my browser

PPS uploading images is a breeze now so +1 for that

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Is the Follow Thread feature gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Tork

Who tested the new interface before they decided to go ahead with this? It is very like something that people who don't use boards agreed to. Some regular boards users should have been asked for their input. There's plenty of constructive commentary here - after the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Just turned off night mode in my browser to see what the forum really looks like.

Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I really hope this is a work in progress, because this is so much worse from a user perspective.

If it ain't broke etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

No I hate it. Very difficult to use on phone, I want the touch site back. Very very slow. Won't be using.

Anyone know how to get AutoPagerize to work again to avoid having to click for next page?

Tip: Install Dark Night Mode add-on to get dark theme back

It's the star icon at top of page by thread title now - on mobile

And the bookmark icon beside thread title on desktop.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Is the "My Threads" feature gone? I've logged in, but it only appears to be showing "Trending" and "Latest Threads"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

too much white space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭passatman86

Qwerty 12345

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

It's looking a lot better than it did initially. I'm sure in time it'll be fine. Need the drop down menus back etc on the homepage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Reports coming in this morning of fellas selling old Boards thanks down on the Quays. One hundred thanks for a fiver. Absolutely disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Clicking on links takes you annoyingly first to a "You are now leaving boards.ie" tab where you have to click the link again. WHY?! 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Where is timestamp ? God i feel ancient this morning !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Ahh nope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Be great if showed latest posts first when you click on a thread

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Quelle surprise, a bunch of change resisters post here.

Obviously snags need to be ironed out. Found it astounding some of the abuse levelled at the boards twitter account. It's a free site ffs, go and talk to some real people for a couple of days.

Anyone who needs to fire abuse over a forum being down needs to get their head checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Basically unusable, back to stormfront with me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,702 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

So you come onto the free site, to give out about people that were giving out about it being down !?

Quelle Surprise is right ...... 😏

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Glaceon

... except it was built on an ancient version of vBulletin which was heavily modified and kept falling over because it was never designed for such a large database. I normally hate change for no reason but there was a good reason here. I'll hold judgement until the UI issues are fixed, it could be a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

You can't do a search of a thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If its not broke, why fix it. Not a fan of the new site at all.

• Moreso the nature of the abuse that was dished out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭popcornbowl

In a word, NO!

Can't believe they were down for so long only to log back into it looking like this!

Silly mistake on their part, I for one definitely won't be logging in as much as I was before the "upgrade"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Hmmm. Definitely a lot of bugs to be ironed out and handy features missing, like:

• can't easily find new posts in my subscribed threads
    • can't search users posts
    • search bar isn't automatically expanded, instead you have to click the magnifying glass to get to it
    • Thanks tab is blank on the front page
    • can't see my friends list

Those are just a few that spring to mind that I'm curious whether they'll be reinstated.

The cosmetic ones I wouldn't worry about, I expect they'll be sorted in time.

With one or two exceptions, there has been very little actual 'abuse', just people giving their opinion.

Just because it's 'free' doesn't mean people can't comment. People are entitled to give their opinion. They are invested in Boards having posted on it, in some cases, daily for twenty years.

Those that are actually giving abuse are wrong, but so too are the lickarses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

From what I've read thought it was broken on the backend side and seriously needed modernisation.

Not of a fan of it yet myself but crossing my fingers that all of the bugs and customisations people are asking for will be ironed out and added in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I’m in tears/can’t stop crying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

How do you change your avatar? I’ve looked in edit profile but there’s no option there I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Boards users have always been a tough crowd!!!! It's a free site that people gladly come to but any changes are automatically seen in the negative. It's only a few hours live and changes being made on the go. I'm glad its back up and running and give it a few days or so and it'll be back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭RulesOfNature

Its okay.

Where can I see my post history?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

Why is there a giant list of users online at the bottom 😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Glaceon

According to the Feedback thread, the custom skin didn't apply properly on mobile so you're seeing a default Vanilla one for the moment. It's being worked on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shockframe

The mobile version leaves a bit to be desired. Will improve hopefully.

The desktop version isn't bad. Seems a little bit more interactive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Was just about to ask the same question. Have tried searching for some of my recent threads with no success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Nope, don't like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Really poor, if this is in fact "it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Total mess - I'm staying off Boards for the next few days and will come after the weekend to see if it is worth the effort.

Only on mobile at the moment. You can upload your own pic

Profile options aren't activated yet for desktop by the looks of it, they're concentrating on mobile (makes sense)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Should be beside the username. So for me it says iamwhoiam 12:13pm

if I click on the 12:13 it’ll bring me to your post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭sporina

OMG - what on earth have they done???? why did they bother? its sooooo slow.. i am all on for change but only if its for the better.. what was wrong with the old site? how is this better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

What a steaming pile of turd boards.ie has become RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Can't find any of the threads I was part of, nor any prior posts I'd made.

Seems a mite unprepared to intend to be offline for one day which turned into eight and then lose most of the stuff. I'll wait it out for another few days, can't see stuff being rectified in a hurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Can you edit your posts? I cant see the Edit button.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I seem to remember the last time there was a big overhaul members had the option to click on a "Legacy Version" (you only needed to do it once, but you could always change anytime you wanted) and continue as you were. I don't see the option for that anymore, but if I'm missing it I'd appreciate if someone could point it out to me.

But anyway, to answer the OP's original question, no, not for me, don't like it one bit, and unless I can find a "Legacy Version" Boards isn't a site I'd be all that bothered about checking out on a regular basis.

• Advertisement
Advertisement