Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭893bet

Wibbs wrote: »
    How do you mean selling out 89? I wouldn't know much about the background to this tbh. I might have watched two of the just one more watch chap's videos. Outside of our two chaps hereabouts, Oisin is one of the few watch channels I'm actualy subbed to. I'm mostly cars, areospace, science docs type youtuber. Well I'm not into new watches so there's not a lot of Tube content on that side of things, much more on forums and websites.

I jest as Oisin is all high brow, fine wine, travel an luxury.

And here is is bottom feeding on YouTube views on these topics.

A wolf does not worry about the opinion of sheep is the approach I expected from him, ie to ignore it all entirely and not get involved. Instead he is pumping out videos after video on the two Sagas while claiming it’s not for views (which it is).

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Hopefully he gets it back up and running.

It'll be interesting to see what caused it to be taken down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Agree with that opinion on Oisin. I like the dude but him implying he has to do a video lest people confuse Timeless with Timepiece is just cheapening the channel. Never mind the additional two follow ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,026 ✭✭✭✭unkel

893bet wrote: »
    And here is is bottom feeding on YouTube views on these topics.

A wolf does not worry about the opinion of sheep is the approach I expected from him, ie to ignore it all entirely and not get involved. Instead he is pumping out videos after video on the two Sagas while claiming it’s not for views (which it is).

My thoughts exactly, 893bet. This whole saga has the usual watch channels behave like a bunch of old gossiping fishwives :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

mailforkev wrote: »
    Agree with that opinion on Oisin. I like the dude but him implying he has to do a video lest people confuse Timeless with Timepiece is just cheapening the channel. Never mind the additional two follow ups.

He has taken down all but one Timepiece related video, which I think he said he would be doing.

He mentioned he and his daughter had been filming in Vienna so hopefully we will get that soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭dinorebel

And JOMW is back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Fitz II

dinorebel wrote: »
    And JOMW is back again.

Minus all the fake Rolex vids, Timeless rolex vids gone and a few watchfinder vids gone. Seem there is a zero tolerance of fake watch videos be they damning or educational.

Tried this on today

PXL-20210705-110312895.jpg

7200 euro RRP SS version. New bracelet is better for sure, but otherwise just another Moonwatch. Too vanilla, to dull doesnt appeal to my emotion at all or titillate my eyeballs...The AD even admitted that the RRP is out of control and as 893 says they are just too easy to get at retail to justify the inflated gray prices on old models. I would take a Darkside of any variety over it any day of the week, the darkside is special.

As for timeless on TPG he should have stayed out like mailforkev suggests. And JOMW,you play with fake watches you get burned.

Fitz II wrote: »
    Minus all the fake Rolex vids, Timeless rolex vids gone and a few watchfinder vids gone. Seem there is a zero tolerance of fake watch videos be they damning or educational.

This guy still has his 'fake' Rolex video up on YT.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=55EQJmciZOQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭dinorebel

:eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Well I will pray to the patron saint of replica watches YouTube don't strike me....it's Saint Martin isn't is, I will light a candle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Milguass repair update. In 12 or so weeks I get to pay €1630 for new glass, dial, service and polish.

Glass shards have scratched up the dial unfortunately.

Fook! I hope you got it on your home insurance which I strongly advised you to do when I gave you the valuation of the Milgauss for the insurance company? If so, you are covered for accidental damage. Really a must for anyone with a watch worth more than a 3 figure sum. The premium is usually very reasonable (roughly about 1% of the value of the watch) and the excess for accidental (all risk) cover specified items is low

Yeah it's covered so not a big deal.

Just a pain in the hoop having to have to wait 3 and a half months to get it sorted.

Thankfully you own another few watches that will get a bit more wrist time while you are waiting. That Seiko looks class on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

I am at the Insurance renewal time of year. Saw mention of Chubb and Hiscox here. Are they super high end or whom else is recommended? Know it is collection and individual piece dependant, however any knowledgable steers would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Also have house insurance renewal due next month and should really add my watches to it so any direction appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 19,806 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Gavin1 wrote: »
    I am at the Insurance renewal time of year. Saw mention of Chubb and Hiscox here. Are they super high end or whom else is recommended? Know it is collection and individual piece dependant, however any knowledgable steers would be appreciated.

I have an axa dual policy it's called through Marsh it's better than any other policy I've had up to now in terms of insurance for jewellery and watches but it's not quite as good as chubb or hiscox. Premium is lower though, I think ours is around 1300 annually (min premium is probably 1k)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm off to hospital in the morning and boards.ie is going offline in solidarity ;)

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058198625/1/#post117606128

Boards will be read only for a day or so at the very least! :eek:
    So I hope everyone has alternate watch and rant channels for their sanity!
    I'll be heavily medicated and probably best kept away from the net from the foreseeable and the Mrs has said if I buy any stock, crypto or silver whilst I'm in hospital that they may end up with extra work to do :pac:

Anyway, enjoy the coming down time and see ye on the the other side :)

She didn't ban watches so you're all good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭banie01

hitemfrank wrote: »
    She didn't ban watches so you're all good:D

Let's hope she doesn't notice her slip ;)

• Advertisement

Just like timepiece gentleman! Boards going dark.

Great time to fire a dig at someone and they will have to stew on it! Let’s be having ye!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Fitz secretly bought more benyar and likes them so much but afraid to admit it.

Fitz secretly bought more benyar and likes them so much but afraid to admit it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=avNraWT8CSI

Brave New world?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Well the landmark birthday came and went and wife didn't want a watch in the end. Got her a diamond necklace and matching bracelet. The jeweller was in a complex (gold souk) so went to try on some preowned watches. My view on Rolex has been firmly cemented, just too flashy for me. Tried on a few, namely a steel datejust and a OP. Just not for me, I like the understated thing.

What are opinions on a Breitling premier day date 40? Leather strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

What fresh hell is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Everything looks close enough to the old skin to be unnerving lol

We'll has anyone bought a new watch since we were on last?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Yes! But it will be 3-4 months before I get my hands on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

My God, this new mobile site is bordering on unusable. Hopefully there are some improvements to the layout coming down the line.

Advertisement