Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

I just came upon this thread :)

I'm astounded people are thinking of Christmas in June/July!

Enjoy the here and now and stop wishing your lives away, would be my advice :) I don't get this at all, but shur each to their own.

But you must have been thinking of Christmas too or you wouldnt have clicked into the Christmas forum....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I just came upon this thread :)

I'm astounded people are thinking of Christmas in June/July!

Enjoy the here and now and stop wishing your lives away, would be my advice :) I don't get this at all, but shur each to their own.

I dont get the urge to tell people how to live their lives myself, but sure each to their own.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hi, External Association- if you would like to post here again, please make yourself familiar with the rules first and have a read of our forum charter.

Happy Christmas. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

External Association is sailing very close to the naughty list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Friday already & I'm on a half day today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

This has been a long week for me.Haven't even gotten half of what I wanted to/needed to done in work.
    Moved house 2 weeks ago and I'm convinced that has me banjaxed.
    At least I can register for the vaccine next week have something else to blame if I'm sleepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

This has been a long week for me.Haven't even gotten half of what I wanted to/needed to done in work.
    Moved house 2 weeks ago and I'm convinced that has me banjaxed.
    At least I can register for the vaccine next week have something else to blame if I'm sleepy.

Moving house, as lovely as it is, is utterly exhausting...both physically and mentally! I'm not surprised you are shattered! Hopefully you can chill out over the weekend! :)

Fed up waiting for my 2nd dose vaccination text. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow and no word yet.
    Heading for a night in Belfast weekend after next and was hoping to be at least a week post 2nd dose, so fully vaccinated. I mean, I'm still going, just would have been more relaxed knowing I was covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

tscul32 wrote: »
    Fed up waiting for my 2nd dose vaccination text. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow and no word yet.
    Heading for a night in Belfast weekend after next and was hoping to be at least a week post 2nd dose, so fully vaccinated. I mean, I'm still going, just would have been more relaxed knowing I was covered.

I hear ya. My second is due Thursday and I'm glued to my phone and logging on to the the portal every few hours. We're so close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I got my first dose I was given an appointment for 4 weeks after it right away.
    I don’t know how they managed it.

• Advertisement

My dose 2 (eeep, one down one to go!) is due the Thursday before my summer holidays in work start.

I'll be heading down the country for a few nights, so it's really going to bug me if I have to postpone it because they call me when I'll be away! I was really hoping it'd be dead on 28 days, but everyone so far seems to be left waiting a fair bit longer.

I'd say it will be moved from the Helix to the National Show Centre by then, so no idea if that's going to speed things up or stall them altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

Good to hear about all the vaccines!!

Fly home this weekend!!! ! Its been since before Christmas 2019 last since I have seen people. Have tesco home delivery ordered as we are keeping ourselves to ourselves for 5 days as per guidelines, then another test then all free! Might even through on driving home for Christmas on the plane ride home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Jude13 wrote: »

Fly home this weekend!!! ! Its been since before Christmas 2019 last since I have seen people. Have tesco home delivery ordered as we are keeping ourselves to ourselves for 5 days as per guidelines, then another test then all free! Might even through on driving home for Christmas on the plane ride home.

Absolutely brilliant news, delighted for you, when you haven't seen friends and family in ages you realise how important it is.
    Hope you and your family have a great time.

Posy wrote: »
    My dose 2 (eeep, one down one to go!) is due the Thursday before my summer holidays in work start.

I'll be heading down the country for a few nights, so it's really going to bug me if I have to postpone it because they call me when I'll be away! I was really hoping it'd be dead on 28 days, but everyone so far seems to be left waiting a fair bit longer.

I'd say it will be moved from the Helix to the National Show Centre by then, so no idea if that's going to speed things up or stall them altogether!

I was actually called 27 days after my first but had to text back 'next' for another appointment as I was away that weekend. Ended up getting another appointment 3 days later. So you may be okay. You might get caught up in the helix relocation out to cloghran too so that might add a few days.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »

Buzzing for you Jude, you're going to have a great time back home. Safe travels :)

You'll have to update us after the flight, we've all forgotten what airports and flying are like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Hello? Hello? I seem to be back up and running here, hope the rest of you are as well and have been good these last few days.

Been so long since we've been on here it must be nearly Christmas 😃

We're back!! Looks a tad weird on the phone though!!

We're back!! Oh but it's horrible. Lost all my followed fora, followed threads and struggling to find stuff. A week with no boards and this is what we get :(

Will take some getting used to... but glad it's back. Had hoped to see some emoji on the phone though.

Finally going for my 2nd jab this morning.

• Advertisement

Ok, did that too fast ☺

Right, I've finally found my followed threads on touch. Clicked on my avatar then there's a bookmarks button in the control panel that pops up.

Think I've followed all the fora now too. What a palaver!!

New pic too, just to confuse you all :D

I see we can use emojis from our standard phone menu's... thats good.... how to change avatar now though? Anyone sussed that nugget out yet?😎

We're back!

Finding it had to find threads and thats on desktop.It'll take a while to get used to.

I registered in the chemist for my jab and I was able to register on the HSE website because I had the right birth year even though I've not hit 30 yet.Fingers crossed I hear about an appointment soon!

Aaah this is... different. 🙄

I just clicked on my avatar, went into my account (I think) and uploaded a new pic. The easiest thing I've done on boards today 😂

I cant change it in my own profile oddly enough... in fact there's very few options in my profile at all... hope this is jut teething problems and we can make some changes later. I normally use dark mode too... all this white & grey hurts my eyes!!

Edit profile - then change my picture from list below?

I have username & email options only when I click into edit profile... definitely nothing as advanced as yours there. 🤨

• Advertisement

yep. might try the mobile one again. cheers...👍️

I have zero idea what I’m doing.

We’re well into the 160’s now.

I just read a local gift shop is having a retirement sale and they’ve Christmas stock. I hope to get to it at lunch time.

I've a story involving a Christmas tree that I’ll share later.

I can't find my followed forms, aargh. ☹

Same.I miss the drop down when you'd hover over something.

loads of stuff all over the place atm. Navigating the different Fora seems quite cumbersome compared to our old set up.

Really dont like the colour scheme, its way too bright, I miss dark mode!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’m finding it very difficult to navigate 😫

I don't think I'm a fan... Glad to see the Christmas forum back up and running again though 🥳

I agree re: missing dark mode.

From what I can see, I think followed threads are now bookmarks?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

that worked Caranica... nice one!!! No more green square...! (Replaced it with a green circle instead!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

All my saved forums are gone :(, makes it hard to navigate right now.

Yeah, I had to go in and re-follow them all again. Took ages to find them!

At least the followed threads are saved, that would have been a much bigger deal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Finally!! Longest two week of not posting!

Hope all well. Just popping in for a sec as on annual leave (again!) today tomorrow.

Catch up properly over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Not liking the new Boards lads! :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Good to be back! Hope you are all keeping well.

These are what I got in the sale!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good to have ye back.

I am not liking this new look at all 😢

Uploading pictures is a lot easier though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Welcome back all...I'm also in the 'don't like the new look' camp :( Hopefully I'll get used to it. I really hate change though. Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Ps. What's going on with the emojis...ugh, I really dislike this new format!

It's awful, I can't find my saved forums, and I can't navigate at all. 😥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PaulT21

It seems that the mobile site is more friendly at the minute. I had to go to the forums I was following on the mobile app and re follow them again🙄

Now at least they are there in the categories tab on the desktop as pointed out by kitten_k in another post. 😀

Cant seem to find mark all as read, and many posts are not in chronological order but all over the shop. Im sure the powers that be are working hard in the background so thanks to them for that👍️

• Advertisement
Advertisement