Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

You're misunderstanding this.

Everyone over 18 will at some point be able to register on the existing portal to receive an mRNA vaccine. 25 to 29 can do so tomorrow. That has been the plan for months now.

Following the latest NIAC advice, an additional portal was due to open this week on which people could put themselves forward for AZ and possibly Janssen. It's not the case that this group were earmarked for AZ and suddenly got switched to Pfizer, as you seem to be claiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

More likely they did not want to open up until they were absolutely sure that they had the Romanian extra vaccines in hand or on the way. This lets them speed things up, From some comments here, you would think that we were Romania and not vaccinating anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

What's the story with the 1m Romanian vaccines? Sounded at the start it was going to a quick thing but almost 2 weeks later and we've heard very little since.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Up in the air about it myself

Go for the Pfizer but that's 2 doses or wait for the J&J which is one and done

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭robinbird

No. I'm not. Up till yesterday they were saying that 25-29 would be able to register for AZ or Jannsen in a MVC and that in August they would be allowed register for a MRNA. They also said that 18-24 year olds would have to wait till Sept to register for MRNA.

Looked at any news article for confirmation.

This made absolutely no sense. There are already 800 pharmacies doing Janssen and nobody wants AZ.

Somebody must have pointed out that the MVCs would run out of people to vaccinate next week if they stuck with this.

in addition being forced to release storage figures exposes the lie that there are "supply" issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Apogee

@rtenews

The HSE said it is moving through the age groups faster than it had planned. Tomorrow all ages in the 25-29 year group can register for an mRNA vaccine.

(This new Boards interface is sh*te).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 freetelly

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

HSE says the Opt in for AZ & J&J though the portal for 18-34 opens Monday.

On Monday they'll also clarify how long the 25-29 will have to wait for Pfizer or Moderna therefore giving them the option to opt for AZ & J&J. Furthermore on Monday the timeframe for registration for 18-24 will also be clarified

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

98% uptake in the age group of 70-79, 94% between 60-69, 91% between 50-59,and 84% between 40-49, according to Paul Reid.

Also Department of Health officials are "actively engaged" with Romanian authorities in terms of one million vaccines to be purchased from authorities there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Got a text this morning confirming my shot 1 of pfizer for Monday morning (34 years old), then a follow up text about hour and a half later to say sorry for inconvenience, we had to cancel your appointment and will send you new details in the coming weeks. Consequently, a friend of mine was due to have his done tomorrow morning but asked for new appointment and got my exact slot in same centre. Not sure if that's a complete coincidence or what but feeling a bit p!ssed about it tbh.

Has this happened to anyone else? Tempted to show up and play dumb about getting the cancellation text

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Who forced them to release storage figures and where have they officially released them? They use to have weekly vaccine deliveries posted on gov.ie every Wednesday. Unfortunately they haven't been updated. I'm curious where the official figures are, if you have a link, that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I got registered with a Dublin pharmacy at 5pm on the first day, and was #136 on their list. But I deliberately went to a small quiet pharmacy (the one in Connolly Station).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

No sign of our DCCs yet. Expecting them by Email as we got our Vaccines in a MVC.

Do we just call the Helpline on Monday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭robinbird

This is what is known as a false flag operation. There was never any intention to purchase 1m romanian vaccines. The purpose was to deflect attention from the fact that we don't have the capacity to administer the vaccines we already have in storage

Similarly allowing young people to make Janssen registrations in multiple pharmacies was designed to create the impression that demand is much higher than in actuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Source? Or are you a random person on the internet making stuff up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Cork2021

This guy isn’t okay at all! Lockdown again by august. He needs a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I don't believe that's correct. I was reading a couple of days ago that the Romanian Pfizer doses are not due to expire soon (as had been reported) and that negotiations are ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

We're vaccinating in the region of 60,000 daily, relative to our population one of the world's fastest rates, now far exceeding that of the UK (at the peak of their vax program in March) for example. We have less than 800,000 doses in storage which is barely enough for the next 2 weeks. There is no problem with capacity to deliver and the HSE certainly is not sitting on doses. A million additional doses could be absorbed in a 2.5 week period at present rate and we also have very high take up of the vaccine, we could even exceed 95% take up by the time the vaccination program is wound up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

I think he needs a cup of tea to be honest, his head couldnt cope with a pint tbh!

Wonder does he know what the average stay is in hospital between Alpha/Delta. Delta also continuing to show a lower death rate although higher hospitalisations between Alpha/Delta in the unvaccinated.

If we are locking down by mid August, it will be next June before we will be allowed out again!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's always something when the time comes for indoor hospitality to reopen

• Advertisement

Likes to post a few times a week with random numbers thrown out to try and make a point, usually gets quickly corrected for numbers and stats being utter nonsense

Unfortunately the ignore feature even on new boards still let's you see where someone has been quoted 😔

Indeed it was reported the other day that the Moderna doses are in date for months to come, first batch of Pfizer would be end of life end of August which is plenty of time. Trying to find the source for that now, I believe it was Mark Coughlan of prime time though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think the problem is that people assumed the doses would arrive almost immediately, but it seems negotiations are still underway and it hasn't fallen through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rdkt8885

35 y/o bf registered 3weeks appointment Thursday 22 July in swords.

30 year old sister registered on Tuesday and appointment this Sunday in city West ( txt less than 48hrs after registration)

I'm 33 registered a week ago and nothing.

How are they doing it? How is a 30 year old getting it before 35? Living within 5mins of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Good to hear the Romanian vaccines are still on the cards but the announcement 2 weeks ago seems like it was a bit premature. It sounded at the time like a done deal. Hopefully they can get it done soon as with those we should have every adult fully vaccinated who wants one by end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,415 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Any advice for the UCD MVC?, my wife has her first Pfizer booked for tomorrow at 16:00 wondering what its been like around that time in terms of turnaround?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭celt262

Seems a bit strange to be still in negotiations should be bought by now or tell them to F off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

It's slow and painful compared to other MCVs, staff don't seem to know what's going on, have a surprised look on their face when you turn up for a vaccine, like they've never heard of such a thing. Prepare to queue a long time here. I seen a couple of old people getting propped up by relatives in the queue, staff are oblivious, never met an old person before.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

All those Ts to cross and Is to dot. The vessel of state is rarely swift but HSE seem convinced their arrival is imminent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

So 74K J&J doses done through pharmacies to be added to the total tomorrow......

We hit the 5 million doses today.

More doses handed out now than people in the country.

Advertisement