Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Shocking stuff from us earlier. Dominated the first half. Threw away several chances and then FH score with their first chance due to poor marking from a set piece. It shouldn't have even been a freekick but still. We should have defended it better.

Second half starts and within 2 minutes we give away a penalty in the corner of the box for no reason.

Very rarely football leaves me raging but I'm absolutely sick after waiting 10 months to see us back in Europe and they serve up that sh*te over 180 minutes. So many players let themselves down.

Bohs have started similar to us. Well on top so far in their game. Hopefully they make their chances count as none of our sides should be losing to mid table Icelandic teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Bohs have been the better side and deserve their lead but they have a bit of an issue with Feely on a yellow card and looking nervous. They might be advised to take him off and bring in Cornwall before he lunges in and gets another yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well deserve to be 2 up.

Great atmosphere here in the aviva.

If I did a shot everytime the announcer asked the South stand to sit down I would be a very drunk man.

Great win for Bohs. There was around 10 minutes at the start of the 2nd half where they were shaky but once the 2nd goal went in they were in cruise control. Devoy was brilliant, he looks top quality. Fans made what seemed like a great atmosphere for such a small number of them in a large stadium but the lads in behind one of the goals gathering together was a bit frustrating to see. The Covid risk outside like that is lower but to be breaking the guidelines and regulation so flagrantly won't help them if they try and get another trial event in the Aviva next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Very good win for Bohs and important for the league which has been sliding down the UEFA rankings. Dundalk and Bohs both have winnable ties next round against Levadia Tallinn and Dudelange

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Great win last night, and great to be able to attend a game again. Stjarnan were a poor team, but made themselves tough to break down. Once we got the breakthrough and they had to come at us we picked them off easily enough.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Was there an actual reason that people should have been sitting down or was it a case of thems the rules?

All of the best games I have attended had people standing for large portions of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I don’t think there’s an issue with the standing as such it’s standing ‘together’ that’s the issue. Specifically behind the goals. anyway we’ll done Bohs. Hard luck Sligo. Rovers were probably unlucky.(where was McGraith when they needed him?)

• Advertisement

I hate the new boards,

Like the ‘old’ days. ( this might change)

dundalk vs Finn Harps - 17 july

dundalk vs Levedia -20 july

treaty vs Dundalk - 23 july

levedia vs Dundalk 28/29 July

sligo vs Dundalk - 31 july

can see a few youngsters playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Rumours of a covid outbreak in the Rovers squad, talk of a large number of the u19's being called up for tonights game. Potential disaster for Rovers if its true, I guess we'll see later who's in the matchday squad if its legit or BS.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Do Derry have no commentators at all normally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Stream from the Derry game is very poor, worst I've seen on the loitv platform so far. Freezing constantly.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Was freezing for me at first, but the video is steady now, just no audio, except for some guy having a conversation about the audio not realising his mic is live.

And Derry have just scored.

I think junior has scored the same number goals with Derry as Dundalk (1)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

The Athlone stream tonight is very good. Different angles, replays etc. Their media partners must be better than ours...

Shels leading 2-1 at the break. Good response to going down to an early goal.

• Advertisement

2-2 now up in Derry.

The changes Bradley made at half time have made a huge difference.

3-2 Rovers now.

Absolute cracker from Gaffney.

in fairness that’s some turnaround

4-2 now.

Rovers have been very good in this half, and Derry have been poor. Just switched off completely defensively.

The Derry game was better without commentators. Why is the main fella so far up Shams hole? Weird behaviour for a City fan 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

How do Athlone have replay facility on TV? Bad mistake for shels 3rd…. Shels marching on…

how did the away fans get in? I thought we couldn’t go to them?!

• Advertisement

Tickets were on general sale online.

Good win. Still baffled by how Morris uses subs. Hottest day of the year and first sub on after 80 odd minutes. Good contribution from McManus in the lead up to the goal even though he was just on. Would like to see more of him

Great win. We were comfortable for most of the match and Drogs created nothing after we scored. Burns missed two great chances but still had a great performance. McClelland did a terrific job at left back, he's certainly looked a much better player this season. Defense was very solid as a whole and kept a well deserved clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

What to say about Cork. I honestly can't believe how low their self-confidence must be, not to even try to attack Wexford in the second half. Down to 10 yes, but surely you go out and try to win it anyway? I feel quite sorry for Cork fans, what on Earth is the story there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

feeling sorry for foras fans is a bizarre thing really, proper icarus club and they all told us on numerous occasions that they were the new model club

meanwhile Shels continue to prove that a 18 game season was an absolute travesty - there are definitely worse teams than shels currently ploughing fields in the premier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Lol cork city are **** 🤣🤣

• Advertisement

Maybe if we'd played better in the 19th game we could have stayed up.

We deserved to be relegated unfortunately

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Over 18 games they flagged for a number of them due to poor discipline and sloppiness. This may have been resolved in the second half of the season with perhaps a team like Finn Harps going through a rocky period.

That said it is what it is. They knew what they had to do and couldn't do it so deserved the relegation. Is it too early to look forward to next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Good win for Treaty. UCD played us off the park the first time we played them, but very different last night.

Shels will win the division easily, but there's nobody else Treaty should fear.

Superb stuff from Tommy Barrett.

I think I’ll pass on boards for now,

hard to log on

cant see button for follow or unfollow

cant see how to amend posts

can’t see half my threads ie prediction league

can see a lot of ‘old threads’ ie price of hearing oil. Cork City, Galway, Ryanair etc

life is too short

What happened to ‘ if it’s not broken, don’t fix it’

The new site is fine tbh.

Bookmark this to take you to the soccer forum: https://boards.ie/group/151-soccer

The prediction league is at the top.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sloppy Rovers defending again in the first half, but Watts and Kavanagh back is a good sign. Watts broke down at home to Derry and form plummeted for a series and the team is goal shy, he comes back with two wins from two and seven goals...

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Where do I start -might as well start with not having a pot to p1ss in , inexperienced board followed by crap managerial appointments woeful signings a takeover collapse and covid.Still should be beating some of the dross around us in that division new lows every week.

Dross is a bit disrespectful don't you think?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Wexford have improved a lot since our 5-0 win against them at home, and even at that, that was mainly down to some dodgy keeping by a guy who was never to be seen again!

It was extremely disappointing though considering that we had seemed to have turned a corner. The last 4 performances were pretty decent (apart from conceding the sickening equaliser against Bray last week in the dieing minutes) in comparison to what went before.

I can only hope that the heat combined with the fact that we were down to 10 for the entirety of the second half had more of an impact than expected although I'm not sure.

There was a fella here a few weeks ago claiming you had money to spend and were never broke. Does anyone know the real truth down there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Only re-discovered the soccer forum today, thought it was gone or hadn't transferred over yet. I'm assuming a lot of others haven't found it either considering it's fairly quiet.

Anyway - Rovers got a good draw in the Europa Conference League today. They will play the winner of Teuta (Albania) v Inter Club d'Escaldes (Andorra), you would think they've a good chance there. Dundalk and Bohs not so fortunate, if they are both to progress then Dundalk will be against Vitesse Arnhem and Bohs against PAOK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Apparently up to 12k allowed in the aviva for the return in the next game, so hopefully we get near that amount. Must have been based on the last game selling out thought would give it a go.

I would fancy our chances against PAOK more than Dundalk against Vitesse...bad draw there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I think Wexford would have had a better chance of a win if it stayed 11 v 11. We didn't have the guile to break down the parked bus and time wasting tactics from Cork. Our keeper spent most of the 2nd half hanging around the centre circle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Any Shels fans here ? Got an email at 2.37 saying there was a few tickets for the UCD game away, but by the time I clicked on it (just there) there was nothing on the link , am I correct in saying these tickets are snapped up quickly and I just missed the boat ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Bohs V Dudelange sold out within 90 mins of going on general sale. 8k in Aviva should be good. Hopefully we can get some semblance of a result this evening so it's not a damp squib.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Travelling down to Tallaght for Dundalk game tonight. Anyone know the best place to park?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

0-1 Bohs in Luxembourg. Ross Tierney.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Better be careful to not beat them too badly tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Well taking a 1-0 lead will mean the game is anything but a damp squib. Hopefully now Bohemians can complete the job and make it through next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement