Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bloody ants have set up a nest in the house.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,346 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Promised? This implies intent. Everything that was posted in the last week is gone due to the migration happening based on the data as at 7 days ago. Admin had no role as such in the migration

Are you sure nothing was lost in translation in the exchange?

The last I heard was that the poster got plenty of responses via pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,413 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

People on scooters, they dart everywhere (law unto themselves), worse they make no sound as well. They seem to be everywhere these days.

I suppose I am bit biased because I think they look like eejits on scooters in the first place. To me a scooter is something I associate with children.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I don't understand why professional people who you are paying for their services won't respond in a timely manner. My wedding invites need to be sent soon and I'm still waiting on an invoice from the designer. Just gimmee thems already!

In fact the whole wedding industry is filled with slow responders. When I was looking for a cake maker it took about a month for one to get back to me. In the mean time she was all over Instagram.

Your products may be lovely but you are too anxiety inducing to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A TA I have been sitting on since it happened during the boards revamp.

Girlfriend had aunties over visiting our new apartment on Saturday, and with them was her 12-year old cousin- daughter of one of the aunts. Born and reared in America, she had no filter, and from experience they tend to be a bit more brash and outspoken, but indulged. (experienced the same with my two American cousins until they matured).

And she gradually started acting like a right bitch. "Oh your teeth are terrible" (I'm in the middle of treatment to get them looking better), "your small" (I realise that) etc. Real Mean Girls stuff. But then she started playing around with a candle, making a mess with the wax, and got hold of my electric razor, trying to shave some of hair, and JUST WOULDN'T STOP acting up. Of course, as she isn't my side of the family, I couldn't exactly discipline her. On and on it went.

I eventually went off for a walk, but inside I was fuming and what made things worse was her mammy could see it all going on, but didn't once try to nip it in the bud before she started getting really obnoxious. I was told when I returned that the girl in question has behavioral issues- but surely then her mammy should have been even more aware of what she was like and interjected.

By all means let your temperamental child come into a man's house and run amok with no censure.

And.....it's great to get it off my chest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Swivels up and down, not sideways. Has a cover for storage which is very handy. The same lot do a julienne cutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Serious flooding in Central Europe where I live. Some towns got evacuated. Our WhatsApp group had offers that if anyone needs help just ask.

I'm not an electrician or have practical skills really but I offered to push water out of basements, lift furniture and I am able to jump start a car. I can't do professional repair work, call a tradesman for that.

Along comes a WhatsApp member who messages she is sorry to hear and it's 32 degrees where she is, so sunny. Why would you brag? Ain't funny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People that feel the need to constantly remind you that they are fully vaccinated

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That post got over 1200 thanks BECAUSE it was posted after the cut-off time, not because of its contents. It wasn't the only thing that wasn't carried over, we were all given a cut-off time/date, anything posted at any time after that wasn't carried across, and we had been told so.

What annoys me is that not all my thread subscriptions were maintained, either. Now I have to go and fish them all out... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This ^^^ last 5 years in this country so many businesses seem to think they are doing you a favor as opposed to providing a service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The Tesco delivery man arrived 40mins early yesterday evening when myself and the OH were bang in the middle of having dinner. I was cranky as hell answering the door as a result but I somehow managed to compose myself in a friendly manner so that I wouldn't come across as an arsehole. I was just tired yesterday' eve and "hangry", especially so after being interrupted during dinner.

Also I accidentally changed the keyboard on my phone by hitting a "change keyboard settings " icon that popped up out of nowhere and now I don't know how to change it back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,321 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

On desktop your thread subscriptions are under Bookmarks on the profile menu

Call me old fashioned but grown men with facial hair on skateboards. The one good thing is you hear their noisy progress unlike the scooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA by the stupid alarm going off outside at 4am that woke me. I didn't get back to sleep

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,346 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA of the American accent on the automated message on the HSE helpline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Three times now I have contacted businesses who offer their services online(these services have increased in price by about 20e since the start of covid) I got a message about a meeting scheduled for this pm which makes me think, that again this will not be the service I asked for. Handily for them as soon as I say this isnt what I asked for, their broadband fails 😕

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,390 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Last year I attempted to do a Cape Clear and Fastnet Rock tour but unfortunately it was cancelled due to stormy conditions at sea.

This week I got to go and while the few hours on Cape Clear were brilliant due to the lovely day that was in it, when we sailed out to Fastnet Rock a severe fog had rolled in reducing visibility to only a few meters. I am gutted that I didn't get my money shot of Fastnet Rock but will give it another go next year as I am determined to get to see her in all of her spectacular glory!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

My neighbour's garden.

Lately it seems like every day when I look in my neighbour's garden there's a new piece of tat in there. It started off bare, then there was a potted plant, then some more, a trellis, a swing set for the kids (still not unwrapped months later), more plants, some battery operated outdoor lights, some weird stand thing with plants on it... I swear some time soon it's reach critical mass, implode into a black hole and destroy life as we know it. There was one point where he'd made it kind of a nice outdoor space, but now it's getting to be a busy, claustrophobic nightmare.

And he doesn't even spend time out there. Or even let his kids play out there. I see the wife out hanging out the washing once in a while and that's it. It's an old house with tiny windows so you can't even really see the garden from inside. Such a waste....

All the 'god luv dems'/'wid de angles' on FB in the wake of that 14yo killed in a car crash.

Make a comment about why on earth a 14 yo was driving a car in the first place or what were his parents at and get trashed with 'I guess you never did anything wrong in your life ever'.

Well, no, I have never driven a car, in an urban area, at high speed, underage, with no licence ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The price of diesel - I hadn't to buy any for a while and now it's into the mid 140's 😲

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

More than TA ! The courier company that is used by my job are useless and rude. They have lost a box and I've had to make numerous phone calls to find out what went wrong. Still no answers. I am being given conflicting pieces of information. I'm ready to tear my hair out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trying to sleep in this heat ugh. Nightshift get difficult like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Trying to blow dry your hair in this head. Today I am envious of anyone who is bald

Constantly keeping my mouth zipped, metaphorically speaking but it physically hurts!!!

I want to buy some fans, one for the kitchen, one for my bedroom one for my living room... so I’m on a very well known homeware / electrical retailers website and my TA is how expensive anything is that is well designed that looks stylish and non ‘office’ all be it is nicely functional... but does the same as those office looking fans..my second TA is being miffed as to why the fûck C***y’s again are bragging left right and center about... ‘ FREE COLLECTION ‘ I don’t think I’ve in my lifetime been charged for walking into a shop and purchasing something and walking out with it... are the hinting that they’ll be charging in on the door in future ? Weirdness.

When you go to your off the charts swimming spot to find heaps of cars, some of them not even making an effort at parking properly. This is why I hate hot weather, it brings the fair weather arseholes out.

Eh no I'll just abandon it here, like, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Tell me you're trivially annoyed without telling me you're trivially annoyed.

I don't get it, makes no sense!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I miss the old Thanks button . This thumbs up like malarkey is awful

Working nights in the summer is a bitch.. the heat and humidity trying to get off...the worst.

also for about the 5th time in 3 weeks my neighbors house alarm is going off now... it’s about 80000 decibels or something by far the loudest house alarm I’ve ever heard in my life... after a busy week and another on the way I’d planned to chill, enjoy lots of sport on tv, eat good food and zone out and relax... last 30 minutes it’s constantly droning.... how long do these things go on for before shutting themselves down...? It’s ridiculous... a lazy, peaceful (for the most part) and relaxing Saturday now this...

get your hand in your fûcking pocket and get your bastarding alarm system serviced...absolute, ignorant fûckwit cûnts. !

Edit : I hit post on the above and the second I did it stopped, ahhh peace...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's the only head you have 🤣🤣

It's sunny out and I'm in the semi dark cold

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement