Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Challenge [MTV]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, I think your right about the end twist being a
    replacement for Lolo (good riddance btw, she was pretty good on The Challenge: Champs vs Stars so was hoping we might get that Lolo, but an absolute whingebag on Celebrity Big Brother US which is unfortunately the Lolo we got this season)

Even eye felt pride for
    Big T
    after the main Challenge ; I may have even shed a tear or two of joy... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Shake up. :)

Some surprises too. Great episode.

Only got a chance to catch-up on this week's episode now.

Loved every second of it, as much as I love the competition aspect, I also adore the personal drama of it all.

I'm also a big fan of both sides of CT's personality and we haven't seen Hot-Headed Backstabbing Enemy Making CT in a few years, so as much as I've enjoyed the Cuddly Friendly Wise-Cracking CT of recent seasons, I loved him being Public Enemy #1 again.

Moving towards the endgame of the season now it seems anyway, so should be an action-packed episode next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭pooch90

My heart did break for Big T a bit though. Her and CT winning the daily the other week was one of my favourite moments. Also sad to see Devin go.

Just discovered they have two seasons of The Challenge (Inferno 2 and another one) on Netflix!
    Young CT, Darrell, Veronica and Karamo from Queer Eye on Inferno 2! God it's old. 2005. People smoking inside, winning plasma tvs, mp3 players and using digital cameras. Total time warp.

• Advertisement

Blitzed through the 2 Seasons (20 min episodes), second one was Duel. Johnny Bananas first ever season,
    eliminated first!
    Had Aneesa, young and fit. Wes, still an ass but I do like him. Brad, Derrick & CT.
    It featured Diem who I found out died a few years after. Made watching it very sad tbh.

There has been a huge improvement in the quality of challenges and the female competitors. Hope Netflix gets more of the older seasons now.

As well as the regular season of The Challenge on MTV, The Challenge: All Stars premieres on Paramount + streaming service in the US today.

Well the first episode of All Stars showed exactly why they keep bringing in fresh faces, these over the hill mid-30 to mid-40 years olds just can't keep up... :D

That said, I'm looking forward to watching the season unfold, there are a couple of them in there known for bringing the drama at least.

I watched it. God love them! I thought they would have to just cancel that first challenge haha!!
    I think the fact they mostly have families may make them hungrier for the win though.
    I recognise some of the older players from the two seasons Netflix put up.
    Do you know when they filmed this in relation to Double Agents?

pooch90 wrote: »
    I watched it. God love them! I thought they would have to just cancel that first challenge haha!!
    I think the fact they mostly have families may make them hungrier for the win though.
    I recognise some of the older players from the two seasons Netflix put up.
    Do you know when they filmed this in relation to Double Agents?

Probably more or less directly after Double Agents ended (was before Christmas anyway), and I wouldn't be surprised if the next season has already been filmed in the first quarter of this year, ready to kick off almost immediately after Double Agents or All Stars ends.

There was a period there of 2 years where they had back-to-back seasons of The Challenge/ The Challenge: Champs vs Stars constantly, and it was running all year round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats a good season to start this on? Dont want anything too old but would like to have a few series in the bag to binge aswell if I like it...

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats a good season to start this on? Dont want anything too old but would like to have a few series in the bag to binge aswell if I like it...

We're currently on Season 36 which is coming to an end soon, so I would say

Season 30: XXX Dirty 30 I think is a really good jumping on point, even if its not one of the greatest season, I think it gives a good feel for the game and from Season 30 onwards is kind of the next and start of the current era of contestants (give or take a few.

If you don't want to go back that far...

Season 33: War of the Worlds I also works pretty well as jumping in point.

Or if you want to go back a good bit, the first season I ever watched was...

Season 23: Battle of the Seasons and that had me hooked, I then caught up on everything before going back and watching some of the older seasons.

Dirty 30 was my first season and it was good to help get a background to established relationships without feeling totally out of the loop. It's hard to find online now tho.

Don't think I've ever hated any player in this game as much as I hate Fessy, which is saying a lot since the majority of players are arseholes.

I was literally coming on to say the same thing!!! He's horrid, self inflated and just a mean dickhead. I didn't mind him when he was on BB USA but now I can't stand him.
    Kaycee showed a side of her I didnt like in the last episode too.
    At this stage, im rooting for CT, Leeroy or Kam to win it.
    I'm glad Kam didn't go through with the plan at the end but sad for Kyle. They all laugh and joke with him but never think twice of rolling over on him.

All Stars: I still don't know most of them but God Trishelle seems like a mean girl who never grew up! I do think it's time Aneesa hung up her boots. She just can't keep up, though she is a good character to have in the house.

Kyle.... yikes. :eek:

Yeah Fessy is a tool.

100% rooting for Leroy and Nany to win the whole thing, because it's Leroy's last season and he's one of the few contestants that you couldn't really say a bad word about, a genuinely nice guy throughout his Challenge career, and Nany has played more or less the same amount of seasons as Leroy and they're genuinely great mates, so it would be apt and poetic for them to win together. Would love to see them get the W.

Do feel awful for Kyle, when he first joined the Challenge he unfortunately attached himself to Cara Maria (who I once loved, but now absolutely loathe) and wasn't mad about him in his first season at all, but I think he's adapted to the game really well, can be an arsehole, but in a likeable kind of way, and is genuinely funny, so he'd be one of my favourite Challengers these days. Don't think he was ever winning a Hall Brawl against Fessy (ugh, I even hate typing his name), but I still had a sliver of hope and to go home on an injury is just the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Coming towards the end of my first season and I am on the fence in terms of whether I'll continue watching next year or not. Feel like my biggest gripe is the cast is made up mostly of unlikeable characters, others that are a little bland and then topped off with a few heightened individuals that come across a little unauthentic as they have been doing reality TV for so long and know exactly how it all works.

In saying that I have just seen those who are quarantining ahead of the next season and I'm very intrigued. I can see how the fact that the show is more made up of a rolling cast as opposed to a complete set of new contestants keeps you wanting to come back for more.

That food challenge was nasty. Not a great idea to watch that just before lunch.

Fessy didn't have a good episode. :pac::pac::pac:

Come on CT and Amber B!!! Delighted that Fessy is having a nightmare. It would make most sense to give the disadvantage to Kam and Cory as I think they're their biggest threat now.

• Advertisement

Them playing Karma Chameleon over Fessy wallowing in self pity and still being a dick... :pac:

giphy.gif

I must say, that was probably the most satisfying Challenge Final I've seen in all the seasons I've watched ; 6 of the most likeable contenders crossing the final finishing line regardless of who left with money or not, there was a great sense of camaraderie at the the top of that mountain, and a really great tribute to Leroy's time on The Challenge at the end too (he's one of the people I'll genuinely miss seeing in future challenges, but I know he's opened his own Barber Shop which he always wanted, so he's going for the right reasons at least).

It's the first reunion I've ever been looking forward to as well, because it's been a great cast this season overall, and any of the "drama" has been good natured I think, so hopefully should be decent. Also from the promo it looks like nearly everyone will be laying into Fessy next week, which I'm definitely in favour of. :pac:

Aaahh hahah ah ahahahahah hahaha ahahahaha hahaahhahah hahahaha hahahahah ahahahah ahahahahah ahaha hahahah hahah hah ahahhaha hahahahah hahahaha hahahaha hahahahaha hahahahah hahahahhahah ahhahahahah hahahahahah hahahhahaha hahahahahahhah hahahahah hahahah.

Boys don't cry and Karma Chameleon.

Hahaha ahhahahah ahahahahhahah ahahahahah hhahahahahahha. :D

Great finale though. Loved it. 6 worthy finalists, for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The last two weeks made me want a whole season of similarly structured episodes instead of the smorgasbord of reality TV that made up the bulk of what came before.

CT is definitely great TV and I always thought Amber was massively underrated. I never quite got the whole "rookie" label though.

New Season kicking off August 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I love this show. F*ck u Fessy!!

Hughie Maughan from BB UK is one of the Rookies! Random AF.

No idea who he is. I'm fairly useless when it comes to knowing any of the UK Rookies. Any use to him?

Would he be on the Stephen Bear or Kyle Christie levels of entertaining or will he be a bit of a dud?

He is an Irish traveller. He did Dancing with the Stars IE too. He had a wicked temper on BBUK, Josh BBUS style attention seeking. Could go either way tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hughie is very entertaining. But I don’t think his personality and humour will work with the Yanks, he is very direct and argumentative.

But biggest issue is, he is completely not a gym/fitness guy. I don’t think he will be able for the tasks.

Advertisement