Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jood10

Lou147 wrote: »
    Hi, I got an email saying my Garda vetting was complete and a copy was sent to PAS does anyone know what the next step is? Will PAS be in contact with me?

Can I ask how long you were waiting for your Garda Vetting to come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lou147

Jood10 wrote: »
    Can I ask how long you were waiting for your Garda Vetting to come back?
    It took one week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭shmeee

Hi all,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I've been offered a role in DSP but I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. My bf is likely to be moved from his job in January and we don't know where he will end up(in Ireland) I am wondering if there will be an option to WFH as I know it can take a long time to move counties as a clerical officer. A remote job would probably suit better atm but even if I had to do a few days in office it would work. Any advice would help. Thanks all

AFAIK, majority of DSP staff are doing a spilt shift with 3 days in office, 2 WFH and rotates weekly. I know DSP staff who started this year and for the first number of weeks they were all in the office for training. It all depends on your location and what job you are doing also.

Some staff don't even have the option to WFH.

But I wouldn't be relying on having WFH 5 days a week TBH.

Every department / office have different WFH arrangements so ask and see what the situation at the present time is.

All staff down the line in years to come will have the option to WFH but that's a good bit away yet once this Covid is sorted. And staff will have to have assessments done on their WFH environment etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ahem123

Lou147 wrote: »
    Hi, I got an email saying my Garda vetting was complete and a copy was sent to PAS does anyone know what the next step is? Will PAS be in contact with me?

They will message you on public jobs with your assigned department, saying local HR will be in touch, they will also give you the HR contact details

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Userr11111

Does any one know the oom for dublin co 2020?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Hi all,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I've been offered a role in DSP but I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. My bf is likely to be moved from his job in January and we don't know where he will end up(in Ireland) I am wondering if there will be an option to WFH as I know it can take a long time to move counties as a clerical officer. A remote job would probably suit better atm but even if I had to do a few days in office it would work. Any advice would help. Thanks all

My sixth week in DSP and have been in the office since training. Dont have a laptop yet so WFH isnt an option. Probably not a bad thing, since im getting to know staff and makes training easier as you can approach staff if you have questions. Some of the other new hires have got their laptops, a few are wfh all week, but most are in the office 2-3days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

Any updates on Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Does anyone have any idea how far along the Cork panel is for interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭08122019

Just to update on this, my friend contacted them last week and was told that they’re finished with batch 24 and starting on batch 25. Given the speed they seem to be moving at they’re probably 15-20 into it by now.

Might be helpful for anyone eagerly waiting to be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mameeh

For anyone waiting on CO Customs in Dublin I've got my paperword to complete with a start date of 16th August. Thanks to all for updates on here. It was a great help when waiting. Good luck to all hoping for that e-mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Marvel 76

As of the start of the week they are at no 72 in Kerry. If anyone interested 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ccp26

Hi, does anyone know the batch and oom for Waterford please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mundy1

Does anyone know where they are with the Tipperary panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Did anyone hear when this panel is finishing just enquiring fir a friend thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koolkat1

Has anyone started for an garda siochana

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kkcat11

Last week they were on the last 2 in batch 7.  I'm oom 9 in batch 8 & really hoping I get an offer soon as I have no idea when the panel will close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ccp26

Thanks kkcat11, hopefully the panel will close later. Same boat here, I'm batch 8, oom 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kkcat11

Hopefully you will get news of a post very soon.. keep me posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭08122019

This thread has really died off since the ‘upgrade’ although the slowdown in traffic could be a boards wide problem.

Anyway, I heard today they are up to 5 on batch 25 for placement. Which probably means they’re 20 plus ahead of that for vetting/references. Anyone heard anything similar?

Hi All,

I found this thread so helpful the last year and a bit so I just wanted to give people who are waiting an idea of my timeline.

I had my interview on 22.06 results on 24.06 request for documents from clearance on 28.06 received my offer on 09.07 and I'm starting work on the 16.08. My process was swift once it started.

Best of luck to anyone who is waiting, what a year it has been!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 KC2021

Hello. Anyone on here awaiting interview for Mayo area ? I got a message the end of June to say that interviews are in the process of being set up and they would be in touch again. I have heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MyOpinion8652

Hi, has anyone been placed in Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade? Wondering where the office is in Dublin? What the training is like, flexi-time/work from home availability? Also what the work is like? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Victories

I used to work in the Passport Office before Covid. The Pasport Office is part of DFAT. This is where most CO's end up.

DFAT has 2 offices in Stephens Green and Harcourt Street, a short walk apart. Luas stop nearby. Passport Office has offices in Balbriggan and Mount St. Dublin 2.

The Passport Office accepts online applications but also accepts paper forms so WFH would be limited as a passport is a paper document which must be printed and put in an envelope for posting. Webchat and telephone helplines is part of CO's job. There is flexi-time. If you are assigned to Passport Office it is very busy given there there is a backlog as it was closed for months with staff helping out Social Welfare last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hanaolosdad

Any one know where the "Personal Division" in Revenue limerick is?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Elliechin123

Thank you, can I ask what hours you're working in DSP please?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Icbaby

Based out of River House in Limerick (not open at the moment so WFH I believe). But it’s the actual tax office that you walk into (across from Barringtons), some people in personal work out of sarsfield house also.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Vologda69

We have to work 7 hours a day in the office. Those who WFH have to work 7 hrs 24 mins. Our office allows us to work between 7am and 7pm. So i work 8am-3.30pm. This will change when flexi comes back. New staff still have option of working from home. But DSP is very slow to arrange laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hey , I'm also starting with Personal Division in Limerick 16th August.

A friend of mine said it could be any section really or any building . She would normally work in River House but had been working from.home since onset of the pandemic. She said all training is done via Skype.

I'm starting on the 16th as well in Personal Division, looking forward to getting started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭claregal1

Me too ! I'm currently with the HSE so finishing up today after 5 years - so looking forward to a change of work scenery! I've worked for Revenue previously for 2 years as a tco and loved every minute of it .

Advertisement