Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

Two things about the UK:

A, the cta is going to reopen for vaccinated people from 19th July it had been announced. Might pick up tickets to a game in August

B, if you are traveling from belfast or London etc you are still subject to restrictions as of traveling from Dublin as you are less than 14 days in the UK so both restrictions apply. If under 12 hours in the UK, you don't need to follow the requirements for UK travelers and only the eu requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Girlsmam

I just got my vaccine cert….must be another batch going out tonight. The relief! Roll on the holidays now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭brickster69

Bulgaria bans UK tourists. Must be scared of the UK cases i imagine, despite UK doing more tests in 3 days than Bulgaria has done in 16 months and having only 15% of the population having received 1 dose of vaccine.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭josip

Which is why they are being particularly cautious regarding the Delta variant.

Imagine the hospitalisation rates there if the Delta variant was to become established.

Britain remains the biggest Delta risk in Europe.

No, the biggest risk is those countries who are riddled, yet don't even have a clue of the seriousness of the situation they are in.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Biggest risk are countries riddled with it but decide to push on with reopenings.

Incidence rate in Bulgaria is minute compared to the UK, it's 1/60th of the UK rate. But of course the UK is doing a stellar job cause they test more..... because.... using your words, they are riddled.

You seem to see mass testing as a how well a country is doing, like more testing regardless of any other metric is how you define success.

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Got my second dose today. Now, the wait for the vaccine cert.

And Aer Lingus very kindly cancelled my flight to Spain.... aaahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭acequion

You're in the exact same boat as me. I got my second shot of astra on 11th and am booked to go to Spain on 23rd, literally two days short of the 14 days. So I have to cough up €100 for a pcr as no antigen available where I live, or my airport [Kerry]. I'm annoyed about that but just have to suck it up. Like you I'm assuming I won't need tests coming back and that even if my cert hasn't been mailed to me I'll be able to use my vaccine card. The main thing, as far as I'm concerned, is being able to get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

From that article it's not in place for Bulgarian citizens and their families. I'd say the majority of people who would of been travelling to Bulgaria this summer from England would be Bulgarian citizens anyway so I don't think this will be very effective. They really need to try promote the vaccines over there as the uptake is extremely low so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I'm considering travelling to Spain in August, I'm vaccinated but my kids 17 & 13 obviously aren't. We'll be staying in my parents house there so hopefully the risk of picking it up are low enough but does any know what the situation is if someone gets a positive PCR before travelling home?

Is it 14 days again before you're considered clear for travelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kelso00

No problem getting to PL with vaccination card - accepted there with no problems. On the way back you need to show prove of PCR before check in and/or boarding (subject to change after 19/7)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hi you should edit out your personal info in that post this site is pubic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I was in a panic trying to use the SPH app to record my details to travel to Spain next week but it keeps failing at the last point giving an error about health details. I used it no problem last year and the only difference is adding my QR code from my vaccination certificate.

So I used the online website and was able to get the QR code. But it's so 1980's having to print out and present the paper version now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

From July 19, do you need to fill in passenger locator form if coming from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭VG31

You have to fill it out no matter where you're coming from.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It's as soon as you can get a test that has a negative result. Could be 2 days could be 20...

Anyone coming back from holidays before July 19th will get a text saying you must self quarantine for 14 days or test negative in 5 days to be released

Anyone adhering to this formal instruction

App is very dodgy when it comes to that section. Net is full of people in the same boat. Just take a picture of the qr code they email you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Red Belly

Travelled to Dublin Airport this morning for essential trip to France. Drove to Terminal 1 short term car park; arrived just before 11am. No checkpoints or visible garda presence in or near T1. At Air France bag drop handed my passport to agent who asked for my DCC (which I had; Janssen in May). My little card vaccination record was also tucked in to my passport and he mentioned that it would have done.

rb

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

What are the UK doing here ?

[quote] Health Secretary Sajid Javid said: "We have always been clear that we will not hesitate to take rapid action at our borders to stop the spread of Covid-19 and protect the gains made by our successful vaccination programme.[/quote]

Is there any evidence that this scariant can evade the vaccines ? is "concerns that vaccines won't work" enough to do this ?

What was the point in getting vaccinated, we were told this would be a way out.

We are never getting out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

That’s not true - if you can prove you have recovered from Covid you don’t need a negative PCR. The PCR could be positive for months like you say.

the thing is - no one can say how you prove you recovered if you get it abroad - no info on it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 carneal

Hi .daughter and grandson (8) flying from uk on 1st of august ..she is getting her 2nd pfizer on the 27th of july ..will she be considered fully vaccinated or will she need to do a PCR. Did i read correctly that under 12,s dont require a PCR .. thanks in advance for any help

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Its a week after Pfizer so no she will have to quarantine

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

More political silly beggars. BoJo wants everyone holidaying in blighty not heading off spending Euros. Theres absolutely no justifying that when there's no quarantine on return from Spain which is riddled.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Folks, coming home tomorrow from Spain via Belfast.

have the antigen test here, the NI and uk websites say we need to fill out the passenger locator form. It links to the gov.uk form,

What are your travel plans?I plan to:

(Required)

Stay in the UK

Travel to the UK more than once within 48 hours, for example as a haulier or crew member

Change flights in the UK within 24 hours, without going through UK border control

have tried fill the form out twice and always ends up here no matter what you pick.

has anyone had similar problem and found a fix? I selected stay in UK but it asks for a uk postal address and that.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Not coming back til middle of next week. Wonder will the HSE card be sufficient at that stage? Still no cert received

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Couldnt figure out why 19th July was chosen as the date for resuming non-essential travel when rest of Europe had on 1st or before, but of course just realised that the Dail recess started yesterday. It would have been rude to block the hard working lads/lassies from taking a well-deserved break abroad!!

Advertisement