Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Got Apt: 6th July

Appointment (1st): 11th July

Place: Carlow IT

Vaccine: Pfizer

I had gotten an appointment for 7th July but I was due to be other side of the country. I rang the helpline rather than text "new" so I could explain that I could take an appointment from 10th onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Age :33 I registered 8th July text on 11th appointment today 8.25 at Citywest first jab Pfizer done and dusted very efficient for me I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Whatcar212

Got Apt: 12th July

Appointment (1st): 16th July

Place: Breaffy House

Vaccine: Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

31, Pharmacy

Registered last week in June

J&J

Monday 19th July

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Were you affected by this?

How did they contact you if you were?

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Received Txt: 16th July

1st Dose: 20th July

Place: Tullamore Court Hotel, Offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I got an appointment for Sunday at 08:15 am ; age 49. Had to cancel it.

How long would it normally be for a reschedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 purplecorn

No text yet, appointment on portal: 16th July

1st Dose: 21st July

I'm literally a 15 second walk to the doors of the Croke Park MVC but both myself and housemate (same age, reg date and vaccine) got appointments for Aviva (not complaining, just thought it was interesting!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

For my second appointment, I Just got a second text asking me to answer some medical questions on the site. I know people here had their appointments cancelled when answering online but never got this text the first time.

Can I ignore the text completely or is it now safe to answer? Have others, especially those on their second appointments, been answering online?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Answer the questions online as things may have changed in your case.

my situation:

aged 33

text received 11 July

first dose today (16 July) in Citywest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Considering where we were with vaccines a short time ago this is great to see!! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I got my texts and vaccine while boards was down.

Age 36

Registered 18th June

Text: 7th July

Appointment: 16th July, UCD, Pfizer

It seemed pretty slow at the time as I knew a lot of others the same age getting called earlier. Ended up getting my vaccine on the 10th in my GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Date: 21st of this month.

First vaccine was on the 25th of June and this will be my second vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Got my covid passport in email tonight 48 hours after getting second jab 👍👍👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

also got my covid passport 48hrs after 2nd jab via email from HSE, though i was vaccinated at my local GP, which i thought meant you would be 'posted' out your cert, and only if HSE direct would receive by email?

its good either way but just curious how the process has changed so quick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Polar101

I just ignored the text and the vaccinator asked me the questions. I only got the text for the second appointment too. So can't say about it being safe to answer, but ignoring it didn't do any harm.

Got text: 14th July

1st appointment: 19th July

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MyUnicornWorld

What age are they currently doing in Swords for 2nd Pfizer vaccine? Had my first vaccine in the Helix on 23 June so would expect second this week. I'm 40. Thanks

Two to post

Text wenesday Age 21 jaansen

Tuesday grants pharmacy Gorey

2nd

Text this morning

Age 30

23rd july Kilanerin MVC midway between Arklow and Gorey

Pfizer 1st jab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Same boat as you, got dose 1 on 23/6 too but nothing yet. Friend, a few months older got dose 1 same day and has dose 2 on Wednesday, got text a few days ago, so hopefully we get something soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 MyUnicornWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sideview

I got my first Pfizer vaccine on June 16th in DCU.

I am getting my 2nd one today in the Swords National Centre.

43 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'm 27, registered yesterday morning and got a text yesterday evening with an appointment for Monday morning. Can't fault that service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Hey all,

Just a quick question.

Is there any option to get your second vaccination at a different venue?

Had first in Helix which was handy for me but have no real way of getting to Swords if I get sent there.

Aviva would be manageable.

Could I ring and ask?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm getting my second dose tomorrow and I'm 42. They're also doing 41/42 year olds on Monday there going by a friend of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭prunudo

Few of us, all 41, booked in for Shoreline Greystones next weekend for second dose. Some texts, some on the portal. All seem to be about 28-30 days after 1st dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

Is there much wait in Swords centre or is it quick enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sideview

I arrived at 1420 today and left at 1505. This included parking time and the 15 minute wait after the vaccine.

Like the first dose at DCU, again everyone was friendly and professional.

The building is a bit more industrial than the Helix Centre in DCU, but it all worked superbly.

It is probably a trickier location to get to for people who don't have cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

I agree, everything went very fast and although there was a line, didn't take more than about half an hour in all. TBH, Swords MVC felt like an old aircraft hangar in comparison and the location is indeed a lot trickier. I took a taxi there, luckily the driver had been there before but it's basically in the middle of a field. Getting there and out of there without a car is virtually impossible.

I'm getting over the side effects somewhat. Had a sore arm for about 24 hours, then it hit me and my arm, armpit (strangely enough) and back were aching like mad. Also had a mild fever and aching face and teeth. Today I've felt a bit better but have to take some painkillers as it's still not all gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

Me and my missus are going to CityWest tomorrow. Our scheduled times are an hour apart - mine at 2pm and hers at 3pm. Any chance we would be able to get the shot at 2pm at the same time, rather than having us waiting there for an hour?

for anyone who had serious side effects, how soon would side effects start to show up? I will have quite a long drive after taking the jab.

Advertisement