Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I bet Alfie is glad of the haircut in this heat!

Me too! And I missed a few hairs when I was shaving the legs. Just spied a little cluster 😬😒

Oh. It's sideways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Because it's going down the hatch, I presume? 😉

Homeside, just back from Cork city. About to flash into steam over here...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Melting and haven't made a move to outside for work yet. Unpleasant plus it doesn't even help with my pain, eff this craic. Grumble.

• Advertisement

Going to a superspreader event...I mean a 21st in an hour 😂

I'll be standing well away from everyone ...no difference there tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thank feck for the big fan yoke in work, feeling a bit human again.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It is hotter than a hot thing in a hot place here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Balconyside, sweltering here. Not even a bit of wind to help cool down.

This is going to be a long night, for all the wrong reasons.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Phew. There was a nice breeze coming through the windows but now it's just hot, dead air

😓

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Night owl gal

Couchside, at my folk's house

Upon reading the fan's instructions properly, I don't have to buy batteries for the remote control, not yet anyway...

I also looked at the fan box, it weighs 7.3kg, no wonder I have aches and pains today!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It’s always this Hot in the land of Auto 😉😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

11.45 and there's a tiny bit of fresh air coming through the windows, sleeping on the trampoline under the stars seems like a good idea at this point!

I won't, but it is tempting!

Bedside, listening to a party going on nearby, the silence at night here was one of the very few things that bothered me since the start of Covid, I love hearing activity especially at the weekend, all rebel songs tonight so far..

Lads, I had a great day but would always check in here when I'd get a chance, didn't bother today because it's so slow and difficult imo. I really hope the lack of posts on a Saturday night particularly on here is due to people having a life back and not because it's such an effort to post. I really can't see anything on the screen unless I enlarge it and then I need to move it to see who posted the actual post, it's ridiculous and too much effort.

Feel like I should have made an effort and gone out tonight but can't be bothered, I'm backing out of everything if it means making an effort, wtf,does anyone else feel like they can't be bothered?

Roll on 4 or 5 in the morning when it's the lowest temp it'll be all day. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Night owl gal

Is there any way to see who 'liked' your post on mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

Not so far anyway, i'm thinking more functionality will be added in the coming days and weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Absolute scorcher of a day today - brought back memories of amazing summers in the past - 1990, 1995, 1999, 2003 and 2018. ☀️☀️☀️

It has been a very warm July, weather wise. It was far too hot to go out and do anything today between 12 and 5pm. Strolled into the park to bask in the glorious sun with my headphones taking in the rays. Still very warm at 7pm. 😎☀️☀️☀️

Now watching The Blues Brothers on the box with my OH. Still very balmy and we are in our light cotton dressing gowns and little else. 👍

Going sea swimming au naturel tomorrow. 😎👍☀️☀️🏖⛱

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, as usually the day starts with a Nespresso but having it with cooked salmon today as it’s a workday. For some illogical reason they always decide that we should move an empty machine from A-B at exactly 3pm, it’s the bloody hottest time of the day and will reach 49C.

So ireland sounds like my winter :)

Just click the 'Like' option on your post and it shows you.

I'm still stuck on tiny print on my phone, there must be some way to fix it.

Another gorgeous morning, it's going to be a scorcher.

If I click like on my own post it just tells me I can't like my own post, on laptop hovering over like gives the list

Just checked it there again Grem, if I click Like on my own posts it gives a list of who liked it, I'm on android phone.

You're one of a kind it seems....all the rest of us vet is "You can't react to your own post" Android user also

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I hope you’re all liking my posts 😂😂

Morning walkies done and the heat 🤪 He’s now half lying on his cooling Matt 👍😂

Happy Sunday!!!

Liked and shared, great prize.🤞🤞😛

Couchside, washed and dressed , watered the plants as I couldn't be bothered last night, trying to summon up the energy to do a grocery shop but it's looking unlikely tbh, love this heat as long as I'm a cool room looking out at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The new site is more difficult to navigate. Is there a quicker way to find this thread without clicking categories and scrolling through the sub-forum list? I used to be able to check posts that replied to me quickly, is there a way of doing that now? Why is there two Current Affairs forums now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Click the star up near the top right to follow the thread.

To find it again click onyour avatar and then on the star, you'll see a blue dot beside any thread with new posts. The bell icon will also have notifications if you've been mentioned or quoted.

I hate this heat. 🔥🔥😤😡😭😭😭😭

Advertisement