Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

I scheduled a repair there, they're going to come out to me thankfully but I'll be waiting 10 days. I used to live within walking distance of the service centre but it's a bit more of a pain in the ass to get to now.

Mine is in for a windscreen repair and annual service.
    It was booked in last week and the earliest appointment was 13th July.
    Luckily I can still drive it around as the chip/cracks are well below the eyeline, but a three week wait is a little concerning given the number of cars has greatly increased, but only the one service centre.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What annual service? No annual service requirements for Tesla's.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

slave1 wrote: »
    What annual service? No annual service requirements for Tesla's.

I think the service technician just called it that.
    He actually write "1st annual Inception" :pac:

Basically because its back anyway for the glass/calibration, and the wipers are wearing a bit, I asked for it to be checked over. On the PDF it say General Inspection, and the guy said the check tire wear, wipers, fluids etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ELM327 wrote: »
    WITH HOST OF EXTRAS SUCH AS
    - 2 KEY CARDS
    - FULL LEATHER INTERIOR

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ELM327 wrote: »

Seen it yesterday.
    The only thing I can think of if it has FSD but it’s not listed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Gumbo wrote: »
    Seen it yesterday.
    The only thing I can think of if it has FSD but it’s not listed.

Or they're just putting down the full price with the SEAI grant already used.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

But look at all those extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

If you're a business customer there's no seai grant anymore and the price for purchasing brand new from Tesla is 5k higher than the private price. If you buy a used but nearly new car you pay the price that is advertised (or whatever you can haggle them down to).

I've seen a few nearly new model 3s advertised at in and around the brand new price for buying privately and I'd imagine they're aimed at business buyers who want to save a few quid (and not wait months for their car either). If I was to buy another electric car through my company I would definitely be looking at this route although I wouldn't be paying as much as they're asking. It's going to distort the used market for these cars for a while I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Tesla reintroduced the leasing for both personal and business at least for the Model 3. No option to buy at the end of the lease. Not sure it makes sense I was looking for a friend: SR+ with 25k km/year for 4 years 1k/month-> 48k paid and you're left with nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Any chance Elon could give the Boards.ie team a hand with the new platform, somebody tweet him, they really need the help.

I see Tesla are giving service options in Cork and Galway. Is that new ?

It is new but it is for light jobs (no bodywork). I forgot how they call it. I met the rangers at SuC few weeks ago and they mentioned it. It's sort of fixed/mobile where people can have some issues fixed. I'd say they want to make themselves more visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Had a round trip between South Dublin and Newry with my SR+. Mostly AP on speed limit.

Total journey 245km. 143 Wh/km. Worked out to be 35kWh. Less than 5 euro with nightsaver rate.

100% battery out. 28% back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

We have covered over 2500 km on the Model 3 in three weeks. I think the initial issue with the auto wipers may have been due to some coating or residue outside the windscreen as the wipers have started to behave better now. I think I remember seeing some smearing on the first day when the wipers were used. On the other hand last time I drove in rain we had just a one incident of "wipers at full speed ahead" but they largely behaved themselves now. I feel hopeful anyway.

Some persistent rattles started to appear at about 1000 km mark and we dropped the car to Sandyford this week for checkup. After the tech had fixed the first set of rattles on driver's side he had spotted more on the passenger side and verified that those were gone also on a second testdrive. Looks like interior rattles are a bit of a known issue so will keep a close ear on them now that the car is still new. Great job and thumbs up for the service experience for Tesla.

I also fitted OBD port adapter and verified that our car has 74.6 kWh nominal capacity which seems bang on the money for the LG battery. If you are a nerd there is lots to keep you entertained with Scan my Tesla compared to the LeafSPY.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

@sh81722 any OBD port adapter that you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I got a random one from aliexperess that came with the cable. One of these options comes with the BT OBD2 adapter:

It has a really quick refresh rate compared to the old ELM-327 v1.5 one I used to use for LeafSpy.

I think today is about the limit of the air-con (2021 heat pump version). Never really got very cold in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Just came here to post the same. Mine is a 2020 and the Aircon is very poor. I was going to ask them to take a look at it. Is it poor for everyone else?

I’m fine with mine but yes it’s not as powerful as others. I drove out in CLA 200 today and with the medium setting the cool air is really cold. With my M3 it’s not that cold even if I set to a high speed.

The other problem is it could never blows cool air towards my face even however I adjust the position. The highest it could get is my neck. And it would always blow to my knee area, again, no matter how I adjust it. It’s annoying when you wear those Bermuda shorts - knees get really cold and hands and head are still sweaty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 LarryBarry

Anybody know from experience if going down the hire purchase financing route how long it takes Tesla’s finance partner to contact you after the initial deposit is paid & all the information is inputted to the Tesla app?

been over a week & I haven’t heard anything yet

AIB never contacted me. Tesla did all communication. I think a week after I received the car I got a letter from AIB with the terms.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I was well thankful for the S AC yesterday, inside car temp was 40, set it to lowest setting 10minutes prior to setting off and car was extremely comfy when we sat into it. Fans blowing like crazy to cool it down, I only ever heard that after multiple SuC sessions previously

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LarryBarry

Anybody know from experience if going down the financing route how long it takes Tesla’s finance partner to contact you after the initial deposit is paid & all the information is inputted to the Tesla app?

been over a week & I haven’t heard anything yet

Found it better today by turning on the recycle air. I also noticed that the air to your feet doesn't go on by default. That helped as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Second this - I find it works like a charm.

For those with a 2021 version, there's also a known issue with refrigerant pressure/temperature (P/T)sensors in the heat pump that may affect AC performance. Service Bulletin here: https://pdfhost.io/v/dpMLuCE6J_SB2118002_Replace_Refrigerant_Pressure_Temperature_Sensorspdf.pdf

Log a service request with Tesla if your AC is not performing either way as clearly it does (and should) work.

I am unable to book a service in my Tesla app. I opened the Services section and it just has a list of historical services and invoices, but no option to book a new service. Anyone has the same issue?

Seems to be working on my app. There was a recent update on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Just checked and it's working fine on my phone also.

• Advertisement

Ok I guess they didn’t mark my previous service as complete, hence I can’t book the next one.

This is how it looks like on mine. I don’t have the schedule button and it just had an old service. When I clicked on the ‘View’ button it doesn’t do anything.

Also weirdly I haven’t had any service since 20 May, so don’t know why there’s a service history on 17 June…

Advertisement