Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 irelandpride

can we ever get back to this, the limp bizkit song is just perfect

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

can we ever get back to this, the limp bizkit song is just perfect

I kinda don't want to answer that, because it's...no.
    - WWE's way of thinking is that the brand is bigger than any single wrestler. Austin and The Rock were two stars bigger than the company. The current environment doesn't allow that.
    - The Attitude Era was an incredible confluence of talent converging at the same time (add Foley, Taker, Triple H, Kane) helped by the closure of ECW/WCW
    - Wrestlers can't get as hot as this, there's too much content being created. With virtually no kayfabe in 2021, whatever catches fire will be replayed and beaten into the ground.
    - WWE's presentation is very curated. It's sanitised and controlled, quite corporate-friendly; and comes off as inauthentic. Having Michael Cole hurl superlatives while getting his buzzwords in can not resonate with fans. Unlike peak JR, massively passionate fans watching the world's best talent.

I hope I've proven wrong about all these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,330 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MU gifting MC the PL title, what a generous team

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Life is so ****ed up atm but even though we have our differences this is a great forum to have a chat and talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

John Davis the real voice of Milli Vanilli died aged 66 from Covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Gemma O'Doherty is trending on Twitter from Owen Jones to Wrestlers over a comment about gay people. Gas stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Gemma O'Doherty is trending on Twitter from Owen Jones to Wrestlers over a comment about gay people. Gas stuff.

She needs help. A blanket and a cuppa at the very least.

Always believe she went over the edge dealing with the death of a loved one.

Thomas Tuchel only 4 months in charge wins UEFA CL with Chelsea

Logan Paul and Floyd Mayweather clash tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Logan Paul and Floyd Mayweather clash tonight

Nice payday for both men anyway.

• Advertisement

It's coming home isn't it

England have the perfect chance to get to the final but they will have some spirited competition on there side of the draw. Denmark and Czechs have massive heart as will Ukraine who are leading Sweden atm

Other side of the draw with 3 heavyweights in Belgium, Italy and Spain with the Swiss who are in dreamland after beating France

Belgium vs England final with England shading it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The home crowd will be a big help provided they take care of Sweden or Ukraine, which they should. They've every chance of winning it out. But I still expect them to blow it somehow.

Pentecost wrote: »
    The home crowd will be a big help provided they take care of Sweden or Ukraine, which they should. They've every chance of winning it out. But I still expect them to blow it somehow.

Don't think the game against either Sweden/Ukraine is being played at Wembley, so they won't have that home crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭kksaints

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Don't think the game against either Sweden/Ukraine is being played at Wembley, so they won't have that home crowd...

It is Rome I think.

Think they will beat Ukraine but same was said in 2016 when they faced Iceland

Its such a pity were so **** and didn't qualify but it has been a good tournament with so many shocks

Is Gimmick completely gone from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Yeah sorry that's i meant, if and when they get past Ukraine now they're back to home advantage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

18-34 year olds able to sign up at pharmacies for the vacinne :D Got in contact with my local one 5 minutes after it was announced this morning so am now officially on a list for one for the first time. Can't wait to finally get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lord TSC wrote: »
    18-34 year olds able to sign up at pharmacies for the vacinne :D Got in contact with my local one 5 minutes after it was announced this morning so am now officially on a list for one for the first time. Can't wait to finally get it.

Me too - feel sorry for people who work in pharmacies as they were not told about this.

Adrian Dunne pharmacy had an online form in place minutes after the announcement but others are caught scribbling on pieces of paper atm

• Advertisement

The real reason for the 4th of July in America,

Hotdog eating.

A new world record 75 hotdogs in 10 minutes for the 13 time now 14 time champion breaking his own record of 74 hotdogs in 10 minutes.

Second place had 50 hotdogs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Have I always been using the legacy site or did this forum look like this last week?

Welcome back folks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,726 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know I was using the legacy site and wasn't using the touch site. This is different to both.

Good job absolutely nothing of note happened over the past week. :)

Now just have to get used to this site.

And Happy birthday Jay!

Oh and good to be back

The whole move to the new platform seems to be a bit of a cluster f, It could takes weeks to find and fix all the bugs and for everyone to get used to it.

Main thing I want at the moment is a "Mark Forums Read" button

Woohoo! Just got promoted to level 4, whatever that means

• Registered Users Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is a chore to navigate.

Is there any way to make a "My forums" list where it sticks to the top of your page allowing you to hop between forums, like vBulletin?

Or is there any way to mark threads as read or a way to bring you to the last post you read, like vBulletin?

Something like XenForo would've been much better than this.

Good to be back but I need a how to dummys book to follow the new layout platform

Euros gone home to Rome, the English fans disgraceful

• Advertisement

It needs a dark theme quickly it's way to bright and hard to read.

Advertisement