Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭plodder

Just boarded for Malaga. Airport was very quiet. Boarding slower due to extra document checking. A330 looks at least 80% full. All smooth so far!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Great plodder enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Have a super time. Will be headin out myself in September 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

As a balance to a government advisory group's anti-travel media announcements with accompanying dodgy data, heres the ECDC travel map which shows a lot of green across the continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Great great news 🤗Life is returning to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Had my second Pfizer back in May, still no cert. My siblings who got j&j less than two weeks ago have theirs. This is irritating. Thankfully I have no more flights booked til August!

The father is flying in from the UK tonight, will report on how that goes with his DCC

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

Has anyone got a contact number for the dcc help desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Certs for both myself and my husband arrived in the post this morning. So all good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

Morning all

Colleague in work flying this Friday from Ireland to Scotland, then back a few days layer.

Irish passport holder, fully vaccinated, with digital cert.

Anyone want to dumb-it-down for me/her, as to what's required for each leg of the trip?

TIA

Hooked

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Advertisement

Thank you.

Wonder what hours they work. It's not even ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

Strangely that number won't work for me today

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

So can anyone clarify something for me?

Travelling with 2 kids - 14 and 15 in August - Some government Minister was on news talk this morning and said that all passengers arriving into Ireland had to have 5 days quarantine if they only travelled with a negative pcr test which my 2 will only have.

Also travelling to Spain - fully vaccinated - am I safe to assume that we wont needs tests to board the plane but the 2 teens will?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Did your siblings get J&J through the pharmacy? Both me and my girlfriend got it through the pharmacy 2 weeks ago and have not received our certs yet and are starting to get worried as we are travelling on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Is it true that flying into IReland from today kids under 12 don't need a PCR ?

Flying in from Spain next month and both parents fully vaccinificated, 2 kids 5,9.

From what I hear kids under 12 don't need the pcr, they used to from 7 ... not sure because Spain is double double red at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just to follow up on my own post in case anyone is in a similar position soon.

had to chose the 'more than once' option above, got thhe QR code and got it sorted.

flew to Belfast, border patrol just asked had we filled it out, i said yeah, but wasnt easy. she didnt even ask us to see it, she just said "its grand, its only there to stop people from NI from trying to skip their PCR day 2 tests"

so was ahssle free, looked at passports, "your obv heading Dublin Family, good luck"

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Just FYI

Travelled from Malaga to Dublin last week. We had already checked in online but went to check in as Aer lingus now have the same sh*t carry on baggage rules as Ryanair. At check in PCR's etc were checked. Later at the gate we sailed through onto the aircraft while those had had not had their documents checked had to wait. So if you have the time and there's not much of a queue you may as well go to checkin as they are going to take your bags for the hold anyway.

On a seperate note I travelled from Prague to Malaga about 10 days ago. Was prep'd and ready with tests , letter from work and a few other reasons for justifing my travel. The only thing that was checked was my passport at Prague. In Malaga just sailed out. I had forgotten how easy schengen makes travel. I also reminded me how conditioned and brow beaten we have become listening to the narrative in Ireland. Good luck to all those travelling ye picked the wrong week but have a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

Thanks...I can't even get as far as getting put on hold! It won't go through at all

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Was there this morning and fortunately added fast track only when driving to the airport to make sure I could have a pint of Guinness before the flight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I was coming here to ask the same thing. Thomas Byrne was the minister and he definitely said that people arriving with just a negative pcr have to quarentine. Other ministers (Ossian Smyth) has send differently in the last few weeks. The reopen EU website also says no need it quarentine.

It's actually shocking that it's being implemented from today and still we can't get an official announcement of how it's going to work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

There are no official announcements because they don't want people travelling. The government have been dragged kicking and screaming into this by the EU. What we have witnessed over the last few weeks is a coordinated attempt to confuse, distress and annoy people to the extent they don't travel at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Sorry don't know what went wrong with that post I didnt' mean to make and new system means I can't delete.

Happy hols everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/around-one-in-ten-new-covid-19-cases-related-to-travel-since-the-end-of-june-40665565.html

We are seeing an increased number of people with a travel history in the last 14 days, particularly from some of the holiday locations in Europe.

Looks like travel was never really closed - i know some people travelled to Spain last week, no questions asked at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I'd take that 1 in 10 figure with a huge pinch of salt. As usual we are not giving the details as it might not suit the narrative. The narrative now is to put everyone off international travel and try put pressure on Government to put some more restrictions on it in place. Is that 1 in 10 directly from travel or is it including the people who subsequently test positive as close contact of positive case? How far are they going back to attribute it to foreign travel as the cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Flying to Palma in the morning with the VAX card. Still no certs - have the cards though. Completed the Spanish form and uploaded. Printed off form with QR code also. All boarding passes printed for outbound and return legs. Passenger locator form done for both of us. Uploaded & printed.

The best bit....got the outbound flights for less than a tenner last Thursday and the return leg for 50€. Result !!!!!

Beach - here I come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

The aul cases are flying in Malta now and its back on the red list, although this doesn't seem to make any practical difference with the new travel rules.

On the plus side only 1 person in ICU so I guess this shows vaccines work.

Advertisement