Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There more I use it. The easier it’s getting to navigate. The notifications tab is useful.

Try turning in notifications for new posts for your followed threads. That’s proving useful. It’s still very cluttered and certainly not easy on the eyes. Hopefully that’s something that can be improved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

They've added the forum name at the bottom since too, means you don't have to scroll to the top of the page to go back to the forum... slowly getting there.

Still looks awful though. Really need a dark mode soon.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Not being able to delete posts will be an issue, the extra taps to get to my forums and my threads are annoying. Also not seeing the number of posts in a thread. With very few exceptions (mostly on this forum) I don't post in big threads.

Also on mobile the screen keeps defaulting to a random thread I read earlier.

And hopefully my final issue, on mobile if you're reporting a post, the keyboard covers the text box so I can't see what I'm typing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm trying not to be a negative nelly....but it's hard....this feels very clunky to navigate! I don't like having to scroll all the way up to the top of the screen to click back to the forums....I'm going to give it a few days and try to come round ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The new site is a little like getting a present on the week before Christmas and it sitting under the tree until the day and you looking forward to it.

You then open it and it seems to be broken and something you didn’t really want.

I think its a case of simply having to get used to it, nuances n all! To be fair, i'd miss this forum too much to walk away from boards because of how the new site works so will grin & bare it & hopefully a mixture of improvements (dark mode) and familiarity will help the bedding in process.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Haha, well put.

I'm on the desktop version now, much better than the touch site. So that's something.

I can't believe we're half ways through July.

In a few weeks we might see the tubs of sweets in the shops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

Quality Street £4 in BM Store in Belfast yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Mine saved forum were in bookmarks, not following which I assumed they would be!

My followed threads were in bookmarks? I had to manually re-follow the forums?

im getting used to using the touch site a bit more which is good.😃

using Apple emojis is handy too

🎅🏻

Guys live every moment. A friend, a few years younger than me, died suddenly this morning. Still in shock. A major wake up call 😥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Ha, that's terrible Caranica, like you say live every moment, so sad you lost your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

So sorry to hear that Caranica. Hope you're doing okay!

Caranica, I'm very sorry for your loss. Mind yourself xx

Oh no Caranica I’m so sorry to hear that. Hope you’re keeping ok.

Thanks guys. Still in shock but so lucky to have had her in my life.

Well we're into the 150's!

Hope ye're all enjoying the good weather!

I'm currently watching My Family(BBC Series) online and the Christmas Special is next.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear of the bad news Caranica, take care of yourself, have been there myself & know how much of a shock it can be.

I see we cant edit quotes anymore.... boo!!!

Anyway, ton FP's post above, mad to think we're into the 150's already. I think with boards being offline for a bit & the weather being so nice I'd lost sight of the countdown and it seems to have suddenly jumped...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Morning all

Bit of crazy couple of weeks. With been away, then back to Boards being off line and now can get on however threads/posts all over the place!

Still trying to work out how to use things :(

I'm sure this has been discussed before, do threads stay bold? Why are they not in descending order of last posts?? So many questions!

Hope all keeping well and enjoying the good weather. Sorry Caranica to hear your sad news.

Best I can say about the new boards is that its a basket case & I sincerely hope the developers improve it over time. The changes are about as subtle as a brick to the head!!

Glad it's not only me then!

So threads stay bold all the time?

Are you threads in the Christmas forum not in order of last post either? Doesn't seem to be anyway to change it!

Hope all good mate.

Cant find any straightforward work around for loads of things TBH... I literally check in and look at the wee boxes under each thread title & look for 'New' when I'm in the christmas forum... the rest I haven't got the will to try & organise into anything like a streamlined workaround.

Yea, am doing the same, just looking for the 'New' box and that's seems to be all I can find at the minute.

As you said in an earlier post hopefully the Developers are working on bug fixes or improvements if currently is how they expected it to look/work!!

I'd be confident (Or at least hopeful) that what we have here is not the end result!

• Advertisement

Just checking back in and noticed that there was a new post in the Funnies thread however I didn't have the 'New' box on it!!

It comes up like this on my desktop.

Saw that. Thank the stars we might actually be heading in the right direction.

Sorry to hear this Caranica...moments like these put everything into perspective. Mind yourself!

I know this time of year tended to be slower in terms of posting anyway, but this changeover has practically killed it dead!! Dunno if its the look of it or what but I find I'm not checking in or feel encouraged to post as much as before.... even looking back over old threads feels less appealing somehow... really hope we get our Christmas mojo back soon 🎄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I find it frustrating clicking in and seeing everything in bold.

It's a massive undertaking to move a site this big I just hope they get it back to normal.I love clicking in and out of here when I'm in work, like seeing a group of pals especially since I'm working from home and staring at the walls!

• Advertisement

Yeah I love coming on here for a catch-up. Hopefully the update tonight helps cause right now it’s been painful to navigate.

July is traditionally a slow month. I don’t think the change necessarily killed it completely but I fear it will put people off posting long term which will result in a lower peak period.

I love checking in in the middle of my working day if I need a 5 minute break! Now I find that I'm not bothering so much - I miss the flag in the corner telling me how many followed threads have been updated. Because it takes me longer to navigate to where I want to be, the 5 minute break becomes 15 (before I've even caught up on the thread) and I don't have that time to take out of my working day :(

To echo most of the posts above, the new format/layout/functionality (whatever you want to call it) it not making it easy to pop in for a quick catch up or encouraging to come in for a browse :(

Holiday season and hot weather probably isn't helping either.

As Loughc said hopefully people aren't put off long term.

Lets hope the update tonight improve things! 🎄🎅

Is there a way to change your profile pic?

Mine is more Halloween then Christmas!!

Yes, click on your current one in the menu at the top of the screen and follow the menus, I think it's under edit profile

• Advertisement

FTR, you need to do it via mobile, that option isn't available on the desktop version.

They're working on my threads/followed forums tonight so hopefully that will help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PaulT21

No. One the feedback thread it seems it didn’t work out as planned 😢😢

I’m finding it easier to navigate the site through pure perseverance. I fear not everyone especially new users will hang around to do the same though.

never been as worried for our little community as I am now 😢

• Advertisement
Advertisement