Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A for €199 on Vodafone - No need to switch number

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

You have to switch the number. Then it appears.

It's €100 off from €199. I'm trying to order it now for €99. But the server is crashing it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Gone through for me - great deal!

Got one too. For €99, this is an absolute steal! Amazing offer.

VSFV12 - Thanks @darconio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Got it for 99 as well. Thank you.

Now just to see how long before it gets cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Damn of course this 99€ offer comes up a few days after I bought a pixel 4a, oh well, still got it for 199€ which is better than the price direct from Google, I also don't want to switch networks to Vodafone so it's ok I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I still can't manage to get the screen to put the code in! Can anyone explain to me or is the offer gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Got a 4A for €99 thanks for the alert :-) tried ordering another but promo box was gone even via SuperValu....anyways got confirmation email and can see status is submitted by logging into Vodafone but sure long way to go yet before you get an actual phone as Vodafone forever cancel orders for no reason used to be like Russian roulette last year trying to get a 3A so fingers crossed ordering has improved since then...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭muffinhead

How does the Pixel 4a compare with the Redmi Note 10 5G also at €99?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭lordsheepface

How in the name of all that is awful do I subscribe to email alerts of new posts in this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Scroll to the top of the page, there's an icon on the top right beside the thread title (a star on mobile, a bookmark on desktop) that you click/tap to bookmark a thread.

Then make sure the check box under email for "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions." on https://boards.ie/profile/preferences/ is checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

And order cancelled so ordering is still Russian roulette....

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

How do you know it was cancelled? I received a confirmation email. But nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

Do we have to actually switch to Vodafone or just select option and place an order since phone is unlocked

PS: Don't have a spare number to switch:(

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Bit of a problem if you're using another provider which is on the VF network. For example AnPost Mobile - it's recognised as a VF customer for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,788 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So it's saying 5G on the ad, but it's not the 5G model? And it's also saying €159.99, but it's normal price is showing as €199.99 and the offer brings it to €99.99?

Has anyone managed to put in the code since to bring it down to €99.99? Do you need an old sim card from another network to switch from, or there's a way around that?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Cancelled for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭db

Cancelled - looks like the Vodafone troll is alive and well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

Vodafone are an absolute joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

Did ye get an email to say it was cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Absoloute mess of a site. At one point the only way it would let me continue and pay was to not click on the T&C. Seriously when I clicked on T&C the Pay button greyed out 🙄 . Of course the order didn't process in the end.

So I've an old three sim and used that to switch. Selected 'Not a Vodafone Customer' then 'Keep My Number' and they send a verification text. Luckly the sim still seems to accept texts. Then later on it let me input the Promo Code which brought it from €199 to €99. So on the second attempt it's gone through this morning payment taken with a confimation mail on the order.

Let's wait and see if it get to shipping though...

• Advertisement

No matter what I try, the promo code doesn't come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Vodafone don't send cancellation emails. You have to check status manually on their site. How nice of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭db

It was cancelled almost immediately but not before they put a pending transaction on my card. I'm not too concerned about that as I went through it a few times before with the €179 offer. I thought this was compensation for us. I bet if I went with the €199 price it would work though.

I wonder what would happen if they were reported to the ombudsman.

IF you do manage to get one of these are they locked to vodafone ?

Sometime I had to clear the Vodafone cookies from my browser just to give me a fresh start after a failed attempt.

I launched from the Supervalu site and clicking the Switch Today button

Link

You need a SIM that is on another network. You don't need to "switch", but the number will be moved to Vodafone SIM card. You can move it back after.

My order is not showing up at all on the Vodafone page. Does that mean it's cancelled? Can you please share a screenshot, does it say "Cancelled"?

If the order is cancelled, I hope they've also cancelled the SIM move.

Do you have to register so to actually check further?

I know previous attempt I got a mail link to register but not this time as I unticked setup account when ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 joejoew

Ordered first thing this morning for €99 and received a dispatch email at 11.30. Used a 48 sim.

Thanks OP

Advertisement