Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

That's the total amount. About $600k for Power.

He's a very wealthy man after the last few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Absolutly brilliant.

That 3 putt on 15th all forgotten.

The second to 18 in regulation sheer class.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Should move him up to about 115-120 in the OWGR. Another few decent results and he could break the top 100 by year end, which would be incredible. He ended 2020 as world no. 429.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

The old saying about bookies rings true.......thankfully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

The purse from today is nothing next to the exemptions. Tour card for two years, players and pga championship

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Had the pleasure of meeting him once about 15 years ago while caddying and struck me as a really sound lad with his feet on the ground.

Like many of you i have followed his ups and downs over the last few years and I'm absolutely thrilled for the man.

He can come home now next year to play the Irish open safe in the knowledge he won't be worrying about losing a pga tour card.

The ability now to set a schedule to suit himself could make a huge difference to how his career now progresses .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

i simply can’t believe it. I’ve been writing an awful lot of tripe about him on this thread for the last couple of years. Most of the time it was out of blind faith and hope rather than expectation but my god tonight was just incredible. I knew he had the talent but the mental side of things let him down so many times.

Absolutely nobody can question his mind ever again now, myself included. What he did not just in the playoff but on 16 and 18 after that 3 putt on 15 was beyond words. He showed some nerve to get that done and I’m just so happy for him. He will be in top 115 in OWGR tomorrow and obviously and most importantly his card is secured for two years. He could go on to do anything now, he has the talent.

• Advertisement

I’m right here! Wasn’t online the last few days but had to take the phone out after that. I just can’t believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

The Best thing about the win is no more Monday qualifying and he can plan his schedule, He can now fit in Irish open as he doesn't have to stay in states to try win his card. Well done Seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fantastic news to wake up to!

Last time I checked the score he was 3 or 4 back so was hoping for another top 10. Well done seamus fantastic stuff.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Went to bed just as he started the back nine and woke at half 1 so I checked the phone. Playoff just started so couldn’t go back to bed.

What a massive victory for him. The exemptions are huge. Delighted to see his determination and drive to succeed in America finally come off. So much hard work has gone into that. What a phenomenal story really.

played against him as 15 year olds in a junior foursomes final. He was sensational for his age and already full of calluses on his hands from all the practice. He was nearly as highly rated as Rory during that time so nice to see him fulfill some of that potential.

ironic in the week he wins on the PGA tour his home club west Waterford is going to be sold. Hopefully the members can get enough to buy it back themselves. Maybe Sheamus can contribute a few dollars now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I was watching it early and am embarrassed to say that I went to bed as I thought he was at best fighting for a top 10! (early start this morning..)

An incredible win looking at the leader board at 10:30pm.

Hope he goes on to even greater success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Send him to the olympics instead of mcillroy!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

I just checked leaderboard just after midnight and got back up to watch it!

I wonder was Harrington watching it?? Séamus looked nerveless in the PO.

Top 100 is a realistic goal for him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

I went to bed after the three putt on 15. When I got up this morning to check how he’d finished I was hoping he was top 5, which would probably secure his card for next season. Absolutely thrilled for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Fantastic display both in the 4th round and in the playoffs. While others were ahead of him in the last few holes, he stuck at it and kept going to get himself back up the leaderboard and meet Poston on the way back down. In the playoff holes, chip-in from the edge, up and down from the bunker, finding the green from a downhill lie in the rough were all brilliant and courageous.

I watched 5 playoff holes and fell asleep last night but was delighted to see the headlines (and my enlarged gambling account :) ) this morning.

Looking forward to seeing more coverage of him in future events now.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

What a great night for Irish golf and for Seamus. He was edging closer to a win with each passing week but so, so hard to win on the PGA tour. Poston's drive on the 15 cost him the tournament but Seamus has had enough bad breaks so it was nice to come out the other side of it this time. The play off was a real roller coaster, from his brilliant chip in on the first tie hole to his bad drive on the second to his unbelievable second shot on that hole etc. I thought Poston's putt on the fifth tie hole was in but thankfully it just stayed out. Life changing for Seamus and for the growing band of followers on Boards who've been on some journey with him over the last few months it was just a joy to see him get over the line last night. Special shout out to his number one fan on here Mr Motivator who has inspired us all with his unwavering belief in Seamus, take a bow and I hope you had a few bob on him this week. With his confidence sky high who knows what he might achieve now in the remaining weeks of the season. Hope he takes a well earned/overdue break this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

Now that he’s secured his card for the next couple of seasons, Seamus can be more selective about where and when he plays and we may see him take up European tour Membership (while still playing mainly in the US), which would make him eligible for the 2023 Ryder Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭irish_man

Where is he in the Ryder Cup spots? Top 50 now? I fancy him for another win in the next few weeks. He's on such good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Delighted for Seamus, fully deserved the win. hopefully he can push on now and get another win in the next year. Be great to see him win one of the big comps or even a Major :O

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Well Done Seamus.

Thanks a million, I’ve been following him for years now and it’s fantastic to see him get the plaudits today. One thing that’s annoying me is he was never mentioned before by the likes of Paul McGinley and Des Cahill but when the playoff was on last night Cahill was life tweeting like he was Seamus’ no1 fan. It just annoyed me, but at the same time Cahill will have raised the profile of Seamus a little bit more.

Some people might say it was a poor event or a weak field etc but let’s be honest there’s no such thing as a bad tournament on the PGA tour. There were multiple tour winners and major winners in that field and to win any tournament on that tour takes something special. Did Seamus get a few lucky breaks? Absolutely he did, but those are the kind of breaks you need sometimes. Don’t forget Poston got 4 if not 5 unbelievable breaks on the front 9 to put himself in the position he ended up in at the top.

Amazing result though and what an unbelievable amount of nerve and resolve Seamus showed. Don’t forget he’s played 6 weeks in a row with a Monday qualifier thrown in on top of that. He must be wrecked mentally from it all and I see he’s taking this week off now. A week or two’s rest will do him the world of good. Put away the clubs for a few days and enjoy his win and then get back at it to prepare for the end of the season and the playoffs. He’s up to 113 in the world now after last night and if he could break into the top 100 before the end of the 2021 season it would be an amazing way to top off the season.

2022 will be brilliant for him, he’s guaranteed his first major appearance and he can pick and the security of his card will mean more than any money to him. His caddie has some extra travel ahead of him next year now!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Excellent win and what a battler. Fully deserved too.

i’ve worried about his putting but he only 3 putted once yesterday to my knowledge.

great result altogether. Delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I'm interested in what he can do in the Playoffs if this doesn't take the edge off him (completely understandable if it does).

Hes now in the top 70 of the Fed Ex Cup and there are still levels to the tour card I believe (open to correction) not all 125 have the same status.

If he can keep going (maybe take a week or two) he could make it to East Lake and really set himself up for life.

Things can change really quick in this life and he's a great inspiration for not giving up and believing in yourself. Not quite sure why but from following him and this thread I take great pleasure in his success. To watch him at East Lake would be fantastic and who knows the ultimate fairytale ending could be coming.

Twice, he three putted the par 3 9th for bogey and then again for par on the par 5 15th and both times you had to think "here we go again"

He's 73rd on the money list now with $1.48m ahead of the likes of Poutler, Rose, Snedeker, Day, Scott, Johnson, Fowler and Woodland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Scrabbel

Sorry, just Motivator, I’ll drop the Mr! Any news or insight from your friends I think you mentioned before, who know him well? They must be flying.

Advertisement