Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you even call this? Funeral procession joyride maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Salvadoor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

They have a certain customer base and seem to know what they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,936 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

He died as he lived.

Gudnite sweet prince, ur wid da angles n lady di xxx Dont judge dem like u nevr made a mistake ever hun

Post edited by whisky_galore on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭secman

The glorification was allowed at the funeral because no Garda activity, totally unpoliced. The state should not allow this to happen.

They had 200 convictions between them not 500. Probably a handful solved by Gardai and when they know they are going down they confess to every other crime they haven't been convicted of, sentences are concurrent and they come out with a clean slate....

• Advertisement

Seems to be a recurring theme with your posting and everything is the fault of the Gardai.

Thing is the Irish people have pulled most of the power from the Gardai and now are wondering why these people get away with it. The Gardai at this stage are not even bringing a knife to a gun fight, they are bringing a spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I agree that the Gardai should have managed that funeral better or at least had presence there. But it just looks awful now that these people were allowed carry on as they wanted with no Gardai present.

As for the convictions, in defence of the Gardai they can only act within the law. They catch these guys and they got to court and get a slap on the wrist and out they go to continue on as normal. It must be demoralising for the Gardai to put time and effort into catching this people only to have them get a slap on the wrist and told to go on your way and not do it again.

Surely some action would need to be taken against the funeral directors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Saw the BMW they were driving transferred ownership on June 23. According to reports they were using cars belonging to family and partners for their burglary trips, say whoever owned that car might have questions to answer.

BTW You'd love to know what got these guys family/supporters legend status in their eyes?. Does beating up and robbing elderly people in their homes make you a legend?, would they like someone to do that to their parents?. You have to feel sorry for decent people living in these areas going out to work every day while so many others glorify these scumbags as legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Three young men are dead. They chose a wrong path through life. They leave behind children, parents and siblings. Let any among us who is without sin cast the first stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

One of the 3 was a traveller. You can be based in Dublin and also be a traveller.

DW is a cracker btw. Did it take you long to come up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭griffin100

Surely the soundtrack to this should have been Burn Baby Burn (Disco Inferno).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭secman

If you re visit my initial post i say the State should not let this glorification happen, the State took action against paramilitary funerals and they need to step up to the plate here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭mikethecop

they leave behind them a lot more victims and destroyed lives ,

the lady they beat with a Hurley in Wicklow was on a colostomy bag and dieing of cancer , since dead

i never did the disgusting things these cretins did and i feel very comfortable casting stones at them thanks very much

ireland is a better place to live without them , not much better but a little

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭mikethecop

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Shame the entire gene pool wasn't taken out.

When did the state take action over paramilitary funerals? I never heard that before

Theres sin and theres sin, I may have drifted over the speed limit but never attacked elderly people in their own home.

They done this all the time to get away from Gardai, I am sure the "mates" we have seen on the videos are doing the exact same thing

At this stage it would be better to just build a huge wall around all of them and let them at it away from the general public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Do judges not see all this too in their spare time in the media?

Does it give them a moment's thought as to the crap fed to them by free legal aid solicitors and their own sentencing?

They can't be that sheltered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Not suprised at the families but am very surprised at the funeral director

I never heard of a director like this and putting up rap videos, bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Salvadoor

There's also a video for Dean Maguires' funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Northernlily

You would think the Funeral Director would be worried about collecting payment from these scrotes. I see the son of a major international drug dealer has left a comment under the video.

Makes sense, legitimate business me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

These three individuals have departed the scene and when I consider all that's gone on with them, I realise that they cost the state an absolute fortune and all funded by the 'no escape' taxpayer. They are unemployed, unemployable, no legit skills (and never wanted such), free legal aid in their crime careers, social welfare under umpteen headings. and a licence to prey on all society at every opportunity. Can somebody identify something they, any of them, ever did, that is of benefit to an individual or society in general ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Well they did remove themselves from the gene pool in a burning car wreck so I suppose that's one positive thing they accomplished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭Treppen

Well most funerals are basic enough.

For people who want to pay thousands extra for all the frills and trimmings they'll know who to go to.

Best marketing they've ever undertaken.

I presume the video was outsourced. Pretty good editing I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Seriously injuring an innocent truck driver in the process kinda negates that, no?

Mr Taylor by the age of 18 had already racked up 47 convictions.

An imprisoned teenager who threatened to kill a garda has been given a four years sentence by Judge Tony Hunt at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.

Graham Taylor (aged 18) of Rossfield Park, Tallaght threatened Detective Garda Kieran McGrath after he was caught trespassing at a house with his twin brother and another culprit.

He was twice arrested also by gardaí in a stolen vehicle after car chases on July 08, 2007 and again at Woodstown Lawn, Knocklyon on October 24, 2007 .

Defence counsel, Mr Seán Gillane BL, said Taylor was due for release from a three-year sentence in 2010 for another crime and this was "a substantial sentence for an 18-year-old".

Mr Gillane said Taylor's threat to Det Gda McGrath arose "in the heat of the moment, immediately after his arrest". Counsel cited a troubled family background and his early departure from school as possible reasons for his client's delinquent behaviour and serious offending.

Judge Hunt acknowledged Taylor's young age and suspended the final year of his sentence.

Det Gda John O'Connell said he heard the teenager threaten Det Gda McGrath on his arrest that "he'd get him sorted when he found out where he lived and would get 'a load of travellers' after him."

Det Gda O'Connell told prosecution counsel, Ms Karen O'Connor BL, that he and his colleagues were in the Knocklyon area on another matter when they spotted the Taylors and another man through infrared binoculars around 4.50am breaking into a back garden shed.

Taylor had 47 previous convictions including burglary and criminal damage committed the previous day, dangerous driving, failing to stop for gardaí, driving without insurance or licence, obstruction, offences under the Firearms Act and public order offences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I have to admit at this point; I am pretty relieved to hear that this beautiful little country of ours is far better off without these 3 scumbags being alive causing more potential misery with carrying out their crimes on other innocent people. I hope these scumbags rot in the deepest pits of hell imaginable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement