Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,032 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see the Virtual Reality forum is broke. 3 links from the Gaming Platforms category and then links from the PC and Playstation forums. All go to the VR forum with no posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You want Virtual Reality (VR), not Virtual Reality (PlayStation child category), nor Virtual Reality (PC Gaming child category), nor Virtual Reality (Xbox child category). Simple really 🙃

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The return of My Forums - hopefully this evening - will make navigation much easier and more akin to the pre-change experience.

But definitely flag anything such as replicated forums or dead links in feedback!

Ah, of course, how could I get them mixed up. 😊

I was used to clicking through from the PlayStation forum

I see there is yet another Pokemon GO clone type game on the market for The Witcher. Called "The Witcher Monster Slayer".

True to form for anyone and anything connected to CD Project Red however - the go live today has been an unmitigated disaster. They almost immediately rolled back into "Maintenance" mode so no one could play. And then each time the timer for that came to an end they extended it for an hour more. All with their typical lack of any communication at all with the end users over their social media sites.

Then when they finally let people in - completing the tutorial jumped you directly to level 40 which is the game level cap. So now they have panicked and put it back into maintenance again. Guess they have to work out how to roll back not just the levels - but all the skill tree stuff, inventory and more that levelling up comes with.

Still for anyone who likes that kind of game the 10 minutes of it I messed around with were pleasant enough. Actual role play missions in it unlike Pokemon. Straight after the tutorial I found a decapitated horse on my game map signifying the first mystery and monster tracking quest.

Full voice and sounds rather than the 80s blinky blinky noises from Pokemon too. And quite a lot going on in terms of crafting - skill trees - collections - and methods to learn about beats and augment your combat (the usual Witcher stuff with potions, signs, oils, sword types etc). Like Pokemon there is a "shop" to spend your free coins or spend real money - but like pokemon this is optional for people with less patience and I think playing without real money is entirely doable.

There is a guy on you tube who sounds Irish called Rogtronic who did two videos on it. A review video and a beginners tips video - if anyone wants to see the game play or game style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

You know that's in 4K on Xbox One X and Series X...

It'd be interesting to see if your save migrates over from the 360. Also not sure if you need the Xbox one tagged version ... Maybe it's all sorted now with MS backward compatibility drive ...

I have it but I'm kinda hoping a 60 FPS upgrade comes out before I dedicate time to it.

Oh, if you want the best western game ... Gunman Clive 1 & 2. Usually on sale real cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Here's all the music from the Tokyo 2020 opening ceremony;

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some deep cuts there. Ace Combat as well. They have good taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,810 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

First Flight must be a recording of a toilet flushing.

Ah, not a single Nintendo tune. Not one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I noticed the Final Fantasy victory medley being plaid when Ireland was shown.

Great bunch a lads, Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I knew the mentioning of Ace Combat would make you happy 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Probably didn't want Nintendo to copyright strike the Youtube video of the Opening Ceremony

Saw comments saying they likely pulled support due to the controversy over the Olympics taking place.

But who knows how Nintendo works. Nintendo gonna Nintendo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the bbc commentators were very annoyed at the sonic tune.

no taste at the bbc. Star Light zone is a straight up classic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody playing Splitgate? Another free to play online FPS with its ups been it has portals. Very impressed so far considering they only have an engineering team of 4 people, the gunplay is very satisfying. It's in beta for PS4, Xbox and PC I believe, so worth giving it a go if you can, their servers are been maxed out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Played it about a year ago and enjoyed my time with it. Was a nice mix of halo and portal. Might try give it a shot again for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I like listening to I Don't Care Anymore by Phil Collins on Los Santos Rock Radio.

I would like another Phil Collins tune (Sussudio) in the next GTA game.

"There's a girl that's been on my mind, all the time, su-sussudio."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah Halo and Portal is a good description of it!

Post edited by Benzino on

I ordered a switch game in December for my nieces. It never arrived and Amazon said it was lost and gave me a refund. 7 months later, the game arrived in the post. Where have you been and WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Was it still sealed in the packaging? Delivery drive may have given it to his kids till they finished it and then delivered it!

Ha, still sealed. Must have fallen down the back of a shelf and was found during a clean out or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone playing Death's Door? Looks fun and has reviewed well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Happened to me as well when ordering Minecraft on the Switch for the daughter at Christmas. Only place that had it in stock in time for Christmas was Curry's and it sold out just after we bought it. It got lost in the sorting depot of the courier company. Knew somebody working there who tried to her it found for us but it was not use. Thankfully it was a little extra she hadn't actually looked for so we got her a different game instead. Turned up about four months later. It seems that they have a habit of falling through the belts and can be left there until there's a spring clean when things are a bit calmer.

Looks great, the kind of game Xbox needs to get it out of the FPS mire it's in. Also, developed by 2 people. Incredible. Xbox needs these kinds of games and developers. 20 quid I think. I wonder will MS snap this game up for GamePass ?

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

Can you identify games from their sounds?

I only got 16. So many I haven't played

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Managed to get 24. Missed about 10 that I have played (though some only briefly).

Out of all of them, #34 made me nostalgic. (Can we do [spoiler]spoilers[/spoiler] on New Boards?) Not yet.

New boards is a pain in the hole.

When posting, you should be able to see the paragraph icon, which looks like a backwards p. Click that then click the quote icon, then you should see the spoiler button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Advertisement