Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

🤣 And thanks should be allowed more than once for posts that show this much common sense. What is his mod voice is squeaky though.

Even my text for my appointment was within 15 mins of my previous one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If I could get my family to be on time for stuff I'd be doing well :D :D :D My brother will be late for is own funeral, if he has an appointment at 10 he'll leave his house at 10, it got to the stage that we'd tell him every event was on a half an hour earlier than it was. My mother in law, well she's a law unto herself and I think she goes out of her way to be late just to annoy people, stuff like going back into the house for a cup of tea just as they're leaving for the airport. My mothers family, well they're just **** mad, they'll be early for EVERYTHING, the running joke is that if you invite them for lunch you better have the breakfast ready for them as well.

Personally, I'll be on time, if you want me somewhere at 10, I'll be there at 10, not 9.45 or 10.15 but at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

So say a person and his partner from South Limerick get appointments for the same day but hours apart it's not reasonable for them both to travel together and get vaccinated at the same time, instead of doing two round trips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,714 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Head out for the first one then hang round and enjoy the delights of Patrickswell for a bit till the second jab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I have my Moderna vaccination on Sunday at 8:15 am in Patrickswell.

Taxi from Castletroy will be a small fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So what's the cut off amount of time? Should the centre accept people coming to the early or the later appointment? Should they have staff on to expect people to rock up whenever they feel like it? People should realise that this whole pandemic has been an inconvenience for everyone and everyone is doing their best for everyone else, in the real world I'd expect the 2 people in your example to arrive at the first appointment time and to ask if there was a possibility for the later person to be seen at the same time, if the staff say it's ok then belt ahead if they say no then they should just go and wait.

Is Limerick Racecourse Vaccination Centre (CVC) Greenmount Park, Greenmount Patrickswell far from Opp Well Done restaurant?

Edit: 5.3 Km

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

But sure that is exactly what is happening for multiple people?

They arrive together, ask can they be seen together and there is no issue. It's the sensible thing to do.

I certainly wouldn't be making a bit song and dance about people doing so like you were doing.

The shuttle bus starts at 8 and goes every 20 minutes, I'd imagine that'll have you out there on time if you want to chance it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

First 304 bus from Castletroy on a Sunday is 7:02am which means you could get a bus over(little to no traffic to the hospital), switch buses and head out. By rights if you connected on the first 8am bus you'd be there just in time.

• Advertisement

Pretty good cycle lane most of the way to Patrickswell now so people could always cycle out

Cheers. I could take the chance. I think the bus journey is approximately 10 minutes when the roads are quiet.

That is 8 am at the hospital not Colbert Station?

Edit from the hospital

https://www.buseireann.ie/bus_eireann_news.php?id=4823&month=May

Are there any pharmacies in Limerick that administrate the Johnson & Johnson vaccine?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Some Boots do it, and Ashdown pharmacy, near SCRd do as well, but they all had very few doses so you could find it difficult to get a shot.

Check out the HSE site and it gives a full list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,139 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just to give ye an update, replying New won't necessarily change the vaccine type. I've gone through it 3 times, and each time was the Moderna. I rang the number in the text and was told the following:

• You can only reply "New" 3 times and then you won't get another one
    • You have to then ring each time you want to reschedule
    • There's no guarantee or selection of vaccines
    • They told me I could have picked my preference when signing up (I didn't get any such option)
    • They told me I can log into the Covid account online and change my preference (you can't)

So now I'm waiting for the next appointment again. As I said to yer one on the phone (who sounded genuinely shocked at this comment) that I've no problem waiting until the last person in Ireland to get one. It's an excellent excuse to not attend events!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pajoguy

42 and had 2nd pfizer today at Racecourse. Arrived 20 mins early no hassle. Bit of queue outside for moderna but was no queue when I came out. Again place ran like clockwork. Some gut meant to be directing traffic but was flaked out on the grass...🤣 dont blame him. Fair dues to all involved.

They have said from day 1 and it has been pointed out here before that you can not choose your vaccine just because you prefer one with no valid medical grounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

Got second AZ vaccine on Wednesday and the Travel Cert arrived on email Friday night, hard to fault that service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,139 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Aye, no issues there, still my choice though, and Pfizer has an ever so slightly better rate than Moderna, so I want to take the better one. Anyway, got a text just now, Pfizer vaccine in Limerick RC on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Thanks for that insight, I'll know when I'm ordering anything that there may be a chance your B-i-L might be holding the fort for you. WAYTMI!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Had corvid over Christmas got jabs with my GP and no record of me on their systems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Immunity is only 6 months for a cert. If you received your jabs from your GP you'll get your cert in the post.

I can confirm that GP certs will be out in the post, I got mine today 💪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Registered Yesterday, got a text this evening for Pfizer on Wednesday morning in the racecourse. I'm 26. Very quick and efficient!

I know a few others aged 26/27 who got/are getting vaccinated this week in Limerick, all seem to be getting Pfizer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Got my second dose at 4.30 on Thursday and received my Cert via email at 10pm today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Just managed to register my son for the J&J with Scanlons in Castletroy. I had to ring a few places. They booked him in for this Friday! You can register on their website, then give them a call straight after. HTH

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fully vaccinated. Two sore arms and nothing else. Now I did have a little flare-up of my gout but that can happen with any vaccine. Really happy to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got my 2nd dose today. I always had a duplicate account on their systems so called up yesterday(1800) number and said "I still cannot access my actual account and curious about my 2nd dose". Account I can log into just says "Vaccine process stopped, please call 1800..........." Towards the end she said "You'll be fine, you have your next dose tomorrow morning" as though I knew about it. I had no clue about it as had no text message. Arrived today and sure enough I was on the list at 10:15am

Woke up this morning, checked phone, still no message as last time I got the message after 9pm(with a few days notice). Got to the desk today and confirmed my number is correct and so is the email. No clue why I didn't get a text as I got the first one(twice for 2 different centres on two different days).

I'm not encouraging people be ringing the 1800 number frequently but in my case had I not phoned them up I would have missed my vaccine and likely and other rebookings they might have attempted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Gooser14

That's interesting. I thought you are not considered fully vaccinated until 14 days after the second jab (28 days in the case of the J&J jab). Is that no longer the case?

Advertisement