Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

pioneerpro wrote: »
    You missed the 'without' bit.

You also seemed to think I was a high-school student from Australia, so fair enough that comprehension isn't your strong point :D

I missed nothing, your premise is built upon EIP-1559 being a complete success, that is not guaranteed, but LINK is up and running doing exactly what is says on the tin and its services are being integrated into other blockchains enabling them to do today what one day ETH hopes to.

(Just wait till he finds out about DECO)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Thargor wrote: »
    What are your Ethereum regrets out of curiosity? Unless you got very unlucky with an entry in April/May this year you should be quids in?

I was in early, sold early. Stop asking about that pls. :mad: All based on advice from a buddy who prolly madE a solid 3 mil out of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

He goes on to say to invest in strong assets that aren't interconnected... That's what I would called diversifying.

Very interesting guy altogether. I'd love to see him debate someone who isn't a bitcoin acolyte. A lot of that interview felt like an ad for crypto which he's obviously heavily invested in.

Here's one debate with Frank Giustra

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    Here's one debate with Frank Giustra

Where Saylor got handed his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Got hacked today, fingers crossed money isn't lost as have been on to poloniex and sounds like I may escape yet.

Anyway, if you don't have 2fa. Take it from me, the hassle is worth it.

• Advertisement

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    Got hacked today, fingers crossed money isn't lost as have been on to poloniex and sounds like I may escape yet.

You should enable 2fa everywhere, not just crypto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

mcsean2163 wrote: »

Its bad they didn't make you do it by default

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

nj27 wrote: »
    I was in early, sold early. Stop asking about that pls. :mad: All based on advice from a buddy who prolly madE a solid 3 mil out of the deal.

Ooh, I can't stop from asking! Presuming he bought your stack: You didn't wonder why a guy wanted to buy the thing he was reverse-shilling?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Bitcoin mining is now easier and more profitable as algorithm adjusts after China crackdown
    Published Sat, Jul 3 2021

More than 54% of bitcoin’s hashrate, which is the collective computing power of miners worldwide, has dropped off the network since its market peak in May.

The bitcoin code has re-calibrated to make it 28% less difficult to mine.
    Miners who are still plugged into the network stand to make greater profits while most of the network’s miners remains offline.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/03/bitcoin-mining-difficulty-drops-after-hashrate-collapse-in-china-.html

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Elon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

cnocbui wrote: »

Elon is still in shock after pumping Baby Doge

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Just got an email from binance banning sepa payments. Ffs

Just got an email from binance banning sepa payments. Ffs

Why is that happening?

This is all the email said. It doesn't go into much detail.

Due to events beyond our control, we are temporarily suspending EUR deposits via SEPA Bank Transfers from 8am UTC on July 7, 2021. You are still able to deposit EUR and/or buy cryptocurrencies via credit or debit cards on Binance.

We are working hard to find a solution with our partners and thank you for your patience.

Any deposits attempted via SEPA in the meantime will be returned within 7 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is their bank Barclays lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I hope they'll consider reducing their card fees to make up for the loss of this option in the meantime.

Fingers crossed Binance can sort this out sooner rather than later. Hate to see any of the bigger players being put in bother at the behest of their competitors i.e. the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

The Binance euro transfers suspension is also reported here, but no more details than what was mentioned on the thread: https://cointelegraph.com/news/breaking-binance-suspends-euro-bank-transfers-amid-regulatory-heat

Probably a concern from their bank or SEPA payment provider which is suspending their access to SEPA ... hopefully this is temporary but there is been quite a cloud of bad news around them recently :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

FGR wrote: »
    Fingers crossed Binance can sort this out sooner rather than later. Hate to see any of the bigger players being put in bother at the behest of their competitors i.e. the banks.

IMO all their recent problems are symptoms of a systemic issue with their corporate structure whereby they are purposely not clearly based in any single country ( meaning there is no clarity on their regulatory framework).

Although I have never liked them very much because of this, I would like to see them go either ... but I think it will take time to address this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sethmcallaway

Bob24 wrote: »
    I think it will take time to address this.
    approximate how much time?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Hope everyone is doing ok :) Curious to see if we will flip back into bullish narratives in a couple of months time to resume the bull market! I'm hopeful anyway!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

My God ‘‘twas an ordeal to find this thread.

Buying the dip as usual, anyone else ?

Strange sense of calm within the bitcoin space, no bullish or bearish vibes in the atmosphere. Overdue some fud or good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Will Bitcoin rise again. I'd invest but I have no money to but still curious if it will rise again. It has been pretty stagnant the last while small ups and downs. What's it now 28-30,000. If you had that much money to buy one full coin and if it some how shot up to 100,000 that would be a nice payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I think the news about Bitcoin miners in the US signing deals to power their ops with nuclear reactors is very interesting. That sort of thing will take some of the wind out of the CO2 catastrophists sails, but that lot are literally impossible to satify while there is still a living human on the planet.

In some ways, it's comforting the price hasn't dropped further and faster, given the Chinese being their globally corrosive and charming selves. I think the difficulty/energy use dropping and the switch to renewables and nuke and bitcoin basically getting out of China totally will be a good thing ultimately, but it might take a while before the dust settles on the mining front, then I think a return of bullishness will happen. How long this lull will last I don't know, but a year seems like a good a number as any.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,059 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

So BTC fuelled the run in 2013, Alts helped fuel the 2017 run, and DeFi was one of the main kickstarters for the 2020/21 run. Any ideas what's going to kick off the next ATH breaking run? (in oohh, wild guess, 2024)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Some steep declines again today, a buying opportunity for some perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

I'm had two unsuccessful test cryptocurrency launches this year but the next day one if I get to it is the real deal...😀

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Went in bigger today, another 2m Satoshis acquired.

Jack V Elon tomorrow. Would genuinely love Elon to say they’ve sold.

• Advertisement

What's the cheapest place to deposit money now that Binance Sepa transfer, which was free, is no longer available. Do we just have to suck up the 1-2% debit card deposit fee at the top exchanges?

Advertisement