Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I said I had a funny story about a Christmas Tree.

My sister came home from abroad for the Summer and I decided to set up a little tree and put her presents under it.

It was all fine.

A few days later we called a plumber to fix the immersion and he said he'd be there in a few minutes. We had to do a quick tidy up and forgot the tree. If he spotted it in the corner he'd have thought we were off our heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

^^^That's brilliant 😃👏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Love it FP.🤣

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

You should have offered him a mince pie FP 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hahaha that's funny FP 😀 I'm really missing the drop down menus from the old boards - anyone else?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Missing everything about the old site to be honest. It wouldn't be too bad to get used to but it's so bloody slow.

On that note (Loughc's last line : hate the fact we cant edit quoted posts... grrr) anyway, it does beg the question, IF this site did go the way of politics.ie and a couple of others I used to frequent is there any way for us to regroup? Assume with GDPR rules there isn't really? Would there even be an appetite to create a Facebook group even? Just wondering really as I get such enjoyment from this groups interaction I'd really miss it if it wasn't there, it's a genuine boost to the christmas spirit for me at least.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Was only thinking the same when the site was read only. If it never came back up again we would have no way of keeping in touch.

Personally I am not on Facebook however would probably join to keep in touch if it came to that!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m sure there are plenty of ways to regroup should the unthinkable happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I know it's scorching out but I've my Santy hat on - does anyone have a wobble board for their kids? Thinking it might be a good present from the Big Man for our youngest...she's only 15 months but has had a lot of mobility issues and am thinking that it might help her to develop some strength in her legs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

@TRS30 loving the new avatar!!!

@DvB yours is unreal too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭kitten_k

A few of us from another forum keep in touch using Discord. It’s like chat room, we could always set up on of those?

We will see what the interest is like.

Do we still have a PM function?

I second this. Though as long as we do still have in here working I'd hate to see it being split between platforms. Happened with some WhatsApp groups I'm in withbthem changing to signal and has messed up the group dynamic. But as a fall back or suchlike its 100% a good idea.

Oh yea - the community in here needs to be kept in tact!

I will set one up and invite whoever wants to join and we can have it as a back up

Also @kitten_k your avatar is ace too.

ye guys are killing it with the avatar bringing a lot of joy to the new haunt 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Sounds much more exciting than the new boards!

Still haven't sorted out the blank posts I see!

One of the few positives in here so far. Nice to have the option to make things a bit more personal.

I am unable to PM you so if you want the link just send me a message

Done 😉

I think I changed my picture also!

• Advertisement

Come back multi quotes, all is forgiven!

@Loughc- it took me much longer then it should have to do it. Don't really like using my mobile, fat fingers😀 Do like it though and seeing all the others is the one positive of new site so far!

@kitten_k- can you add me as well please? Never heard of Discord however sure I'll work it out.

@freshpopcorn- I think you have as well. Love it.

I see the profile options can be accessed via the desktop site now too, far handier for me anyway who checks in mostly from my pc.

Still hurts my eyes staying on too long though, need a dark mode ASAP.

Agree, I use dark mode for twitter and reading books on my phone/ipad etc.

Even with my work software, if it has a dark mode I use it. Far easier on my eyes, and as I suffer from eye strain every little helps.

You can multi quote. You just keep hitting the quote button. If you are moving on to another page in the thread you need to save your draft message, move to the new page, put your text cursor at the end of the draft message and select quote on the message on the new page.

• Advertisement

I reckon it'll take me a few goes to get that working right...🤔

& in the same post proved to myself its not hard at all... 😀

And 150 to the big one just around the corner. We are motoring.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sorry to hear your news Caranica ((hugs)) Mind yourself

Thanks, totally drained after an emotional week. Her funeral was so heartbreaking.

Heading to Scotland to friends today, just what the doctor ordered.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope you have a lovely time Caranica, mind yourself. xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Have a lovely few days away Caranica. I'm sure you need them!

Our doggo is going in for a little procedure today. Dreading it as I hate when he has to go under anaesthetic 😔 Hoping it'll be quick enough and he'll be home early afternoon.

Went out for a walk there and while there's a slight breeze, it's still so hot!!

Delighted to see the 100 days till Halloween 😀👍

Hope your dog gets on ok, Jellybear!

My sister is mad for Halloween and has informed me that TK Maxx are now stocking their Halloween stock should anyone want to up their Halloween game 🧛‍♀️🎃

• Advertisement

Another annoyance of the new boards - you can't seem to edit a quote to the bit you actually want to refer to. But on the flip side, I do like the emojis & avatars 😊

Hope you dog gets on well jellybear! Talking to friends this week animals always know what's going on. Dogs refusing to leave people's side because they realise something was wrong.

@CheerLouth @miamee loving the avatars ladies!!!

Hope the dog's Op goes OK Jelly.

Milo's home safe and sound 🥰

Poor fella had to have his dew claw removed. He's soooo groggy though. Think he'll sleep for the day...wish I could too!!😀

Have the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics on in the background - times like this, I wish we had a national dress....Angola just walked in and their flagbearer was wearing a magnificent outfit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aw look at him, poor boy! I'm sure he's being spoiled.

Love your gingerbread man avatar! 😁

He had mince meat from the 'fancy' butcher in our town and wolfed it down 😂 He is soooo spoilt!

I decided it was time for an avatar change and couldn't resist the gingerbread man!😀

Up early with little man this morning and it's much cooler than the last few mornings. Gonna head out for a walk in a bit.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Have to say, very impressed across the board at our collective avatars, very festive choices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Loving the Avatars too folks. I'm still trying to get used to the new site. I don't post here often but it's my favorite part of Boards!

Am I right in saying that Brown Thomas open their window display in August?

Advertisement