Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

This just happened to me yesterday.
    came home to two of the same item, first one was missing for 2 weeks.

Went to send back the first but they want me to pay the postage......

Is that what Amazon customer service said?

I fairly sure they are supposed to pay. You should contact them again and see what a different agent says.

No i just hit the return button and its the only option .
    I've returned loads of stuff for free over the years .

Try customer services so.

This just happened to me yesterday.
    came home to two of the same item, first one was missing for 2 weeks.

Went to send back the first but they want me to pay the postage......

Now that the missing package has showed up will Amazon charge me again?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I got one as well that An Post couldn't find for 2 weeks. Return is to be paid. They can get stuffed

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    I got one as well that An Post couldn't find for 2 weeks. Return is to be paid. They can get stuffed

I contacted Amazon about my order.

They said I could keep at no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,219 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I contacted Amazon about my order.

They said I could keep at no charge.

Same just happened to me - was a hundred euro item as well

An Post have gone to the dogs with deliveries

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Told me I could keep it too. Going to be an expensive few weeks for An Post.....

fritzelly wrote: »
    Same just happened to me - was a hundred euro item as well

An Post have gone to the dogs with deliveries

Mine was actually two orders but these are the only ones that have been trouble. No other issues with An Post.

Told me I could keep it too. Going to be an expensive few weeks for An Post.....

Do An Post have to compensate Amazon?

• Advertisement

It was rumoured some time ago that the cost of doing business with Amazon is to have your bill deducted for losses and shortages. Its the only way that I can see that Amazon can be so flippant with losses. Although their policy on dumping returns as shown recently defies belief too.

It was rumoured some time ago that the cost of doing business with Amazon is to have your bill deducted for losses and shortages. Its the only way that I can see that Amazon can be so flippant with losses. Although their policy on dumping returns as shown recently defies belief too.

Do you Amazon dispose of returned products as waste?

Big expose on it, last week I think. Put tonnes of perfectly good stuff into landfill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Finding this a pain at the minute, I ordered 2 products last week - and received what looked like a completely different order! (although the labelling / customs info aligned with what I ordered.) I suspect they mixed up two packages side by side.

Quite the saga trying to send them back to Amazon. Spent €18 registered post which they were quick to refund on chat, but won't reimburse for the items or reissue the correct order until they receive back the 4 random things they sent me! (two used books on feminism and electrical lightswitches panels for the wall) Worse thing is..,it looks like An Post has lost the items so still in limbo!

Definitely missing the convenience of the prepaid Amazon labels!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

I had to return a FBA item this week. It was very handy getting the An Post label with the instant refund before. I don't know why they got rid of it.

I used UPS to return it as it was only €12 and I use them frequently. I printed off Amazon's commercial invoice instead of using the electronic UPS one just to make sure it was correctly processed as a return. UPS ask for three commercial invoices, one of which you have to give to the driver on collection.

It was meant to be 2 days but it sat in East Midlands for 48 hours so actually took 4 days. That's probably still quicker than sending through the post office. It was delivered in Dunfermline yesterday so hopefully I'll get the refund soon and not have to go chasing them up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hi guys, I'm trying to order a Fire HD Kids tablet for my daughter's birthday, but when I try to order from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de I'm told delivery can't be made to my address (standard Irish street address). But I can order a regular full adult's tablet no bother. The chat support was useless. He said it was Brexit-related, but when I asked him why I could order an adult tablet, or why Amazon.de had the same issue, he told me to contact Amazon.de.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I’ve ordered an item from Amazon UK directly that is temporarily out of stock with an estimated delivery date of by September 6th. I did not expect to be charged in full already but note that they are charging for items after 5 days if not shipped. Is this a new/recent practice? See this: “When you place an order with Amazon, we may contact your payment card's issuing bank to confirm that your credit card has a valid number and hasn't been reported as lost or stolen. This is communicated by an authorisation of the full order amount. However, we don't proceed with the charge until your items dispatch or for five days, whichever comes first. This is a security measure to protect our customers.

If you cancel your order before being charged, the bank may hold the authorisation on your card for up to ten business days.

If you've been charged for an item, refunds can take up to seven business days to post to your bank account.”

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Hi folks, quick question, last time I ordered from Amazon UK in June they displayed the import fees & VAT etc when placing an order.

I was looking at something tonight (Dispatched and sold by Amazon) and that seems to be gone now, just a cost for the item. Have Amazon stopped offering that service and will I get hit for VAT if I order from them?

Also, in the Other Sellers on Amazon area, there's an option to buy from Amazon EU instead. Would that be a better option?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

You should see underneath the Order Total a line that says "Order totals include VAT. See details". If you hover over or click on See details it will give you the breakdown.

Amazon EU don't ship to us (or didn't anyway). It's setup for the Brits to get things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

When you say amazon EU, do you mean Amazon. de/es/it/fr? Just change the .co.uk after amazon to the correct country that it mentions.

For example

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B3WPRZW/

becomes

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07B3WPRZW/ - for Spain

or

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07B3WPRZW/ - for Germany

No tax added for any of the EU sites, but they do often have a higher shipping fee. Still should work out roughly the same price. All amazons will ship here, and always have.

But individual sellers on amazon, might not.

Hagglezon.com is a good site for checking prices across European amazons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

No I don't, as I said it's in the other sellers field on Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

"Sold by: Amazon EU" will not be delivered to an Irish Address at least in my experience.

Add it to your basked for fun and try to check out, you should get a notification during checkout, that your Irish address is not valid for this as the seller does not ship to this address.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Never heard of sold by Amazon EU. Kinda taken aback by that. The website redirects to aboutamazon.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

As far as I understand (and open to correction), sold by "Amazon EU" gives customer in the UK access to stock and delivery from the EU rather than the UK warehouse. This includes all UK customs/VAT and the shipment is coming from Europe.

Saves them from ordering from .de etc. This is facilitated via the German Amazon branch. This is why .co.uk won't ship those to Ireland.

If you buy an e book from amazon do you have to have cloud kindle* or some program from amazon to read it. Is there any way to just get a pdf?

*whatever it is called

Yes you’ll need an e-reader. No money in giving away free pdfs.

If i buy it can i download it and read with adobe digital editions?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,089 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

open to correction on this but if you download from amazon it is in an amazon specific format. you would need to convert it to PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

My wife and I both have Amazon accounts registered to Irish addresses, with Irish credit cards attached. We're set up as a household, with me as the head.

She recently started subscribing to Amazon Prime, mainly for Prime Video but also for shopping. We thought she was supposed be able to share those benefits with me, but we can find no way to do this that doesn't involve being led round in circles on Amazon's website and getting nowhere.

Obviously for video we can both just log in with her account and say who's watching, but that doesn't help if I want to avail of Prime shopping deals etc.

Can somebody confirm whether Prime benefits sharing is in fact possible in Ireland, and if so, can it be done if the Prime subscriber isn't the head of the household? If so, how exactly does one set it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I signed up to Amazon Prime on the DE website, assuming it would give me free delivery, but no my order still had a delivery charge of €15 on it to Ireland (which was the delivery charge before I signed up)

So is there any benefit to keeping the Prime if no free or priority delivery (as we used to get on the UK site)?

This is Business Prime btw so I don't get all the other goodies like prime video that would normally be given to standard Prime customers.

Advertisement