Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job re- advertised?

• 21-07-2021 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

A job I recently I applied to, made contact with me about my application. The upshot was they said they would pass on my details to the hiring manager and then, from there would arrange an interview.

Now, the job seems to have been re advertised? I only was contacted today saying an interview with the hiring manager was going to be arranged.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It could genuinely be as simple as they're not happy with some people in the candidate pool and want to gather more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭I am me123

Should I apply again or is it a good sign that the company contacted me about the job? They literally told me today they were going to pass on my details to the hiring manager for them to interview me.

Very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭long_b

There could be two positions available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭I am me123

Should I apply to this ad, just to be on the safe side or what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,594 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No, that would look silly.

Today's advert may have been booked last week. They may have an ongoing need for more people. The left and right hands may not know what each other is doing. Etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I would call and say you are still very interested in the role, that it had been mentioned that the hiring manager would call you and you're available for interview

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

In most cases on job boards, the role is refreshed at given intervals depending on the companies needs, IE, could run for 3 days, refresh to be at the top of the pile, or it could be a sponsored post.

In some cases, as above, they may have only seen one good CV ( yours) and want to see if they push out for a week extra will they get more. Nothing to do with you mind, but the more people they get in the higher a chance of a match.

Advertisement