Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You mean not accepting the paper version as posted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No , they are not accepting the HSE vaccine cards

As the Irish Examiner reports, Irish travellers to the island had not yet received their certificates and the HSE-issued cards were not accepted by Maltese authorities.

Malta's implementation of the Covid certificate is among the strictest in the EU and Minister for Agriculture Charlie McConalogue has told travellers they should be aware of the requirements of the country they are visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

No, they are accepting the cert sent out with QR code, it's the card or paper handed out by Vacination centers and Gp"s that are not acceptable anywhere, these are what these people presented 'foolishly " to malta customs officials.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,869 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just received my covid cert through Email

Only got vaccinated by pharmacy on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The numbers calling are huge, tens of thousands a day. No call centre system can deal with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

I just checked around my family and friends and they've all received theirs, ranging from my oldest relative in her 80s who got it by post and had been vaccinated by her GP months ago, to someone who got vaccinated last week.

I got my second shot yesterday. Out of curiousity, I checked the portal while I was waiting after the jab and it was updated already, so I'm expecting a cert by email sometime soon.

The little paper cert and badge you get aren't certificates. They're just appointment cards. The digital certificates is just a QR code either on paper or held on your phone.

The HSE contact tracing app will hold the cert if you scan the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kickmark19

I'm in similar situation and not sure what to do. Is there any risk in getting 3 pfizer shots for the sake of getting the EU travel cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

I was one of these people and there was nothing wrong with any of my details at all . I spent 2 hours on hold last Friday . 3 hours Monday to be treated appallingly being told would not escalate as I was only going on holiday and no one had died . I got through to a nice person yesterday and received cert via email this afternoon eventually. I was vaccinated in January in hospital setting working on a covid ward . At least I’m sorted now flying Saturday but it would seem hospital staff vaccinated early on there is a problem getting there certs . Lots here not rec

Done with my mine and it registerd straight away

Opened the cert on my laptop and scanned the QR code in the Covid app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hypothetical question..

I have received my certificate already and only received my 2nd vaccine last weekend.

If I was travelling abroad today, would I "pass" as technically I have the certificate but it's less than a week since my Pfizer jab.

Wishful thinking..not going anywhere!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

4 hours on the helpline now, cracking up

Just as I typed this they answered, thank christ

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭1992ChainGang

Whats the operating hours of this helpline? I was almost 5 hours on it today and had to go, will try first thing in the morning

Incredibly friendly voice on the other end, answered exactly 4 hours after ringing, all sorted thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Same. I was vaccinated on the 1st of January in the CUH and still waiting. Have they all gone out?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

got cert via email within the 72 hours I was told back on Monday ... did get the vaccine in GP back in May and mail went to my promotion folder too

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

After being on hold for over 3 and a half hours on Monday, the operator put me on a high priority. Got the cert by post this morning. Without the call I wouldn't have received any Certificate either by post or email.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭holliehobbie

Got my DCC last night at 8.02pm. Only had second Pfizer on Sunday morning in the Aviva. My eldest got first Pfizer this morning through sheer good luck. They're starting a new job next week with vulnerable clients so the company they will be working for were arranging a vaccine for them and they had also signed up with a pharmacy for the Janssen vaccine. The pharmacy rang a few hours later to see if they wanted to stay on the list! A friend of theirs said a relative worked in a GPs surgery and they were looking for people to come in and get a vaccine as so many were cancelling their appointments! And the surgery is about a 10 minute walk from our house. I'm delighted they got Pfizer as there is a history of blood clots in the family. They hadn't registered with the HSE portal yesterday for this reason. I think the country is awash with vaccines now.

Getting my second jab on Sunday. How do I get the travel cert? Do I get it automatically or do I have to ring the helpline?

• Advertisement

It's automatic. Don't ring the helpline. They're snowed under.

Check your spam and promotions etc folders a few days after the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pepsirebel

Tried ringing about an 1hr ago.....lines only open from 08:30 to 18:30

24/7 surely for a week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have no worries about entering, I'm concerned about boarding the plane though. Not sure if you can rely on some foreign airport worker to know how many days the Irish govt considers you fully vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I was digging into this today re travel to Prague, Czech requires 14 days from 2nd dose of Pfizer to recognition of vaccination status, so if they follow their rules, they could deny you entry or boarding, but if rules were followed you'd be snagged somewhere. Different countries have different rules, 7 days, 14 days etc. I got my Eu Covid Vaccine Cert 2 days after my 2nd dose, so it is possible as I say if rules are strictly enforced that you could shaft yourself by not doing your due diligence and following the rules strictly.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭eltonyio

'Not a mess'

FFS, they can't get the language right, spellings correct, the name of our own country correct, or even whether or not the person has covid! It's almost like they don't want anyone travelling...

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Got my second jab on Monday, passport arrived today via email - delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Be aware that countries require time to have elapsed from your 2nd dose to your cert being valid, 14 days is the max I have seen, most are 7days ro so, so strictly speaking if you did try to travel today, you could get screwed over!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Ah yeah I’ve no intention of going away until September. Was just delighted I got it, given all the sh*t that is going on! I can’t for the life of me get my head around some people’s rush

my thoughts are this, at the start of pandemic we had an issue with PPE, then we had an issue with testing, then we had an issue with contact tracing, then we had an issue with vaccine roll out, then an issue with vaccines - fact is, we always figured it out eventually

similar with passports and travel, there is always hiccups at the start, give it a few weeks and it will correct itself - fcuk the stress of dealing with that nonsense now imo

• Advertisement

Will this new app be able to tell if someone is fully protected or not even though they got there cert ?

Advertisement