Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ennis

• 22-06-2021 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there, thinking of moving to Ennis! I've seen a few houses on the Tulla Road and wondered what the general area was like. Thanks in advance :) W
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The Tulla Road is fine. Very quiet area in general, eatates like Cappahard, Clover Hill, Oakleigh Wood and Castle Rock are within easy walking distance of town (bit less so when you go out further, but still not too bad), and there's dead handy access to the motorway. There's a Eurospar supermarket, two petrol stations, pub, takeaways and various other shops. I've lived that side of town for 16 years and have had zero problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Lot of teachers and gards etc live out that side of town zero hassle while I was there but that's a few years now best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mushelle

Hi there,

I was looking at two houses that are close together. Morrissey Ave and Childers Rd. but I know nothing about this area of Ennis and was hoping for some locals to share their impressions.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments.

Post edited by Mushelle on

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Hi Mushelle,

Long story short, though there are some great people around there, it wouldn't be one of the favourable areas to live near town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

That area would not be a place I would look to live in. Apologies to anyone who does live there and I'm sure 90% of people are fine etc but I'd not want to live there.

• Advertisement

Any particular reason Morrissey/Childers not a good area? I was just over there recently, and looks a bit run down, but the Cloughleigh Community Centre looks nice, for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

From my experience of living in Ennis - that area traditionally would have a high percentage of working class / social welfare people living there. As anywhere - those areas tend to have one or two families who bring the whole area down. Having said that, it's a long time ago that I knew one of those families - every chance my information at least could be woefully out of date.

I'm sure most would agree though that house prices are a good indication of desirability of an area - and desirability is surely down to whether people want to move in or out of an area?

Advertisement