Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Was your vaccine done by the HSE or GP? Had my Pfizer second dose in GP yesterday. Hoping to get something soon in the post or email.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭zebastein

Adrian Dunne pharmacy. JJ done on Monday, cert received on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Thank you, I'd be about the same so hopefully she rock on over next week or 2.

I won't go ringing anyone yet. Not traveling for a good few weeks so no rush YET.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Second Pfizer dose by GP at 8am yesterday, DCC emailed to me just now. Very fast turnaround.

You are still defending your statement on first page ? Take the L.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Was wondering about that myself. How did you go about moving the cert from email to app? Only way I can see to do it is print and scan but I'm a bit of a Luddite so I am sure I am missing something….then again I managed to use new Boards.

Second jab yesterday in vax centre and cert received today btw for anyone waiting and wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Economics101

Collie D, you wrote: Was wondering about that myself. How did you go about moving the cert from email to app? Only way I can see to do it is print and scan but I'm a bit of a Luddite so I am sure I am missing something….then again I managed to use new Boards

Here is a quick guide from the Indo: it's really quite easy. Hope this helps

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/explainer-how-to-put-your-digital-covid-cert-on-your-phone-40658176.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Got my J and J jab in a pharmacy 2 weeks ago. Still waiting on a cert. Heading abroad on Wednesday. Should I ring the helpline?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I know this has probably been asked somewhere on the thread but I cant read through 37 pages

If I get my second dose of pfizer, am I counted as fully vaccinated and will get my cert soon after, or do I have to wait the 14 days to get the cert?

My brother got the janssen one a week ago, he's hoping to go away but his flight is 13 days after his jab not the 14. Will he have to wait til day 14 to get his cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Hell likely get the cert but depends on country rules where he arrives

Most 14 days, some 21 days after Janssen.

Some just say evidence of vaccination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Do we reckon the helpline is going to have longer wait times over the next few weeks or shorter wait times? On one hand, there are people receiving their certs every day so less people will need to ring, but you'd imagine a lot more people will be going on holidays and needing them for indoor dining over the coming weeks.

Tried calling them today and was on hold for an hour, read a post on here at the time that someone was waiting for 3.5 hours so decided to give up. Travelling in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

What's the story with getting a PCR test to come home? Flying out for a few days to Seville tomorrow, back on Tuesday but just went to book a test on Monday in Seville airport and all appointments were full. What are my options?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Johnlynch1970

i got both my vaccines in England and have the NHS covid cert on the app, i probabky dont need the EU one but could i get it anyway?

no one seems to have a definitive answer on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

If you’re not vaccinated you need to have a PCR test done before coming into the country, otherwise you will be put in hotel quarantine. So you don’t have many options outside of looking for a place that in Seville that has a open slot to take a test (also it has to be a PCR, not a rapid/antigen one). So better look for one now, or either move the return flight or cancel the trip.

Well I guess you could also just fly to Belfast and then take the train/bus/car to Ireland. This is of course not allowed and you’re supposed to report yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Open your email and display the QR code on the cert on your PC screen, iPad or on another phone etc and then just scan the QR code and the data will be displayed on your tracker app.

Or, scan the QR code on a printed cert.

The app just reads the QR code and stores the data. It doesn’t have to be printed on paper, it can just be displayed on another screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

There’s a full technical explanation of the digital certificate here:

Outline of how it works:

No data is transmitted about you, but the signature key can be verified. There are publicly available apps to do that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I downloaded a QR scanner on my phone and brought up pdf of my digital covid vaccination cert on the laptop, I scanned in the QR and it seems to be saved, well, just the qr code itself, its that all you actually need. I have the Covid tracker app but no way to input the digital cert into, even after I scanned code on qr scanner no info is coming up on the Covid tracker.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Thanks Fuzzy and Economics101. I should have thought of the second screen option myself to be honest. Long week.

You’re now the proud owners of my first Boards “likes” 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Frankie19

Is there an email address for them as opposed to ringing? I'm not travelling till September so not urgent but still need cert reissued?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 highland212

Still no sign of my cert after spending hours on the phone earlier in the week. I was told it would be issued by this morning but no joy. Time to settle in for a day of elevator music once again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Almost 5 hours on hold with the helpline on Tuesday, got through finally. They had no record of me at all so I gave them all the details from my vaccination slip.

Digital cert arrived this morning with entirely incorrect details from DOB to type and date of vaccination. Only my name matches 😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Now that would make sense of course to have an e mail address set up !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

My husband was vaccinated 2nd dose by GP in May .

No sign of any cert in the post.

We are going away next week and need it but it looks like it's not going to happen now .

Have spent 3 hours of my time yesterday on this sxxxing phone line as he is still working and now on it again .

Only plus is on the phone sitting out in the sunshine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Was vaccinated on July 5th with J&J through the pharmacy. Cert arrived yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

open the covid tracker app. there should a button at the top that says covid digital cert or something similar. click that and then follow the instructions to scan the qr code into the app. the cert will then be in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭matzen

Does it have to be your full name on the cert? My middle name is not on it. All other info is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mine doesn't have it either. It does have the date of birth so that is enough to confirm your identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Does anyone know if you can print off a copy of the email cert or does the paper version need to be government issued?

My dad's cert was emailed to me earlier but he doesn't have a smart phone so it would be handy to print it out if possible than go requesting a paper copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes you can print it off an e mail and fold it into a booklet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

I know this has probably been asked but I haven’t the time or the patience to slowly navigate back 37pages and search on the new site doesn’t really work.

Husband fully vax with Pfizer through gp end of June and no cert received. I was same but have received my (postal) paper digital cert. we’re not travelling so no real emergency but will we need it for restaurants/bars? Or will the vaccination card suffice?

Advertisement