Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

Fandymo wrote: »
    As I said pointless engaging with you.

It does not matter if someone is from Ghana (non-EU), Mongolia (non-EU), Australia (non-EU), China (non-EU), Pakistan (non-EU). Pick LITERALLY any non-EU country world wide. If they can get to the U.K., they can enter Ireland with no visa, no passport control, no oversight.

Nothing.

Just like the guy who murdered Yosuke Sasaki. Strolled in, no bother.

Are you really unable to see that? Or just on the wind up??

But sure that's what I have been saying all the time.
    There is no restrictions or regulation for anyone coming into the country from the UK or EU.

Do you think we should close the common travel area?

bubblypop wrote: »
    Any non EU immigrants coming to Ireland are known.

You keep saying this as if it true.

The mother of all tautologies, but the nonEU ones we know about is because we know about them because they told us, or were picked up by state services.

Or to paraphrase Rumsfield, there are known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭enricoh

Fandymo wrote: »
    As I said pointless engaging with you.

It does not matter if someone is from Ghana (non-EU), Mongolia (non-EU), Australia (non-EU), China (non-EU), Pakistan (non-EU). Pick LITERALLY any non-EU country world wide. If they can get to the U.K., they can enter Ireland with no visa, no passport control, no oversight.

Nothing.

Just like the guy who murdered Yosuke Sasaki. Strolled in, no bother.

Are you really unable to see that? Or just on the wind up??

Iirc the fella that went on the stabbing spree in dundalk had come to the cops attention beforehand. The cops told him to make his way to dublin and report to immigration and went on their merry way! Fairly reassessing stuff!

So, it appears like posters have finally realised that non EU immigrants to the state are not a major issue.
    Anyone can come here from the UK or EU without even registering their residency.
    Non EU migrants to Ireland are all registered and known.

So, so all posters believe we should get rid of the common travel area? Or don't agree with freedom of movement within the EU?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You have been called out for these posts by the main moderators before, Wibbs:

He's as much a "main moderator" as I am and even when asked direct and concise questions around the points raised no answers were forthcoming.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Interesting new revised stats from the migration observatory at Oxford University. Looks like non-EU immigration is less than previously thought as changes the British government have made have been more effective than thought over the last 9 years. Inversely EU immigration was actually greater but this can now be controlled going forward now that they are removed from the EU.

Good news for the UK, now if only our own government would follow suit and implement proper procedures.

The paper is available on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Apparently Amazon has been sending emails to employees to celebrate Islam

• Registered Users Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm always amazed at the lack of self and moral awareness on the left with whom their targets primarily tend to be.

If a Christian religion so much as sneezes in a way they deem unacceptable they all go after the churches.

Islam?

There is an amazing double standard.

I can't put my finger on why that is. Are they just afraid?

Imagine if Amazon sent out emails celebrating Easter or whatever. They'd hit the roof.

i can't share it as it was sent to me on whatsapp by friends working for Amazon.

it's about Festival or the Feast of the Sacrifice, devotion to Allah.

i'm speechless looking at it

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

Well, well, well, it looks like Sweden has turned the corner and is finally doing something to limit their migration laws. This quote is from the relevant euronews article:

New migration rules have come into effect in Sweden, making residence permits for refugees time-limited in the first instance instead of permanent.

The law was approved by the Swedish parliament last month. It replaces temporary legislation that was brought in five years ago in a bid to bring down record numbers of asylum requests.

Before the changes in 2016, since 1984 the Scandinavian country always issued permanent residency permits to refugees and asylum seekers as a rule of thumb.

The new rules, put forward by the Social Democrat-Green government in late April, turn this norm on its head. Permits will only be renewed if the circumstances under which they were first issued still apply.

I have no idea how to quote in this new system so have bolded the text instead.

Maybe the Swedes have finally recognised that too much multiculturalism is not a good thing?

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭maik3n

You must scare easily. It's probably just some generic email marking Eid al-Adha which is on this week. There's a good chance some of their employees would be Muslim. I'm sure they have done the same thing many times before for Passover, Rosh Hashanah, Easter, Christmas, Pride etc. It's virtue signalling rather than indoctrination........... although I'm sure many would argue there is no difference. 😀

I never spoke about indoctrination.

yes it's virtue signalling, and it's as hypocritical and fake as it can possibly be, considering that Amazon is also promoting LGTB rights, that sit at the opposite end of civil rights spectrum compared to Islam

Can't see any issue with Amazon, apart from the way they treat their employees!

so what if they send happy festival messages to any of all religions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Are amazon just the left or the far left frog?

Post edited by RobbieTheRobber on

While that sounds good, I wonder how it will work in practice. It'll probably mean first instance decisions are given a period of 2-5 years right to stay and then permanent status almost guaranteed after that.

Remember Merkel said the refugees arriving in 2015 were expected to go home eventually, in reality that never happens for the vast overwhelming majority of cases. Same in Ireland where politicians declare that these people have huge amounts to offer to Ireland for the future generations, where in reality they should be using the process for what it is meant for, protection while it is needed and then a return home.

The system is broken beyond belief. It would be interesting to get statistics on the millions who have arrived in Europe in the last decade who were given protection and subsequently removed once their protection was no longer deemed necessary. I've never been able to get these figures though.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

I can bet they never send any for the eastern Easter date (or even the western one) and the one for Christmas doesn't refer to Christmas - not woke enough.

It doesn't belong in this thread or can you link it to the thread title somehow?

But then again it might fit in this thread if posters where just using this thread to post any old crap link about things they hate islam for.

So Blind do you think it belongs here?

I see the UK government are also moving ahead with charter flights to deport those with no rights to stay in the UK. Usually challenges from the legal profession are preventing some being removed to Zimbabwe right now, hopefully the government stand firm. More flights planned to Jamaica and Vietnam soon.

Every single person with no right to remain should be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Article from Australia, "Every month is 'dry July’ for Muslims", hmmm, a southern hemisphere dry January...

It doesn't belong in this thread... it might fit in this thread if posters where just using this thread to post any old crap link about things they hate islam for.

i don't see why it wouldn't fit in a multiculturalism thread, and I don't see any hatred of Islam in it at all

Post edited by Quantum Erasure on

• Advertisement

Multiculturalism in Ireland.

Well Quant why don't you link it to the thread topic of multiculturalism in Ireland.

What has an Australian girl not drinking non alcoholic labelled drinks because they actually contain upto 0.5% alcohol got to do with this threads title?

So are the muslims in Ireland different, do they enjoy the odd pint? Or are they also following the same radical views that any alcohol is a mortal sin?

Why aren't the EU outraged against the current Lithuanian government for building a border wall like they were against Hungary?

Shows that the EU don't care about proper border control, it's all just one big game to them and mass immigration is just a minor inconvenience one-way or another.

We are lucky that the eastern frontier countries are trying to stop a huge influx from all over central Asia. Ireland should be offering our support to Lithuania and every other country.

The EU should also impose serious sanctions on the government of Belarus for their attempts to destabilize European society by deliberately trafficking thousands of illegal immigrants into our countries.

Is there a problem with having a regligous belief in Ireland?

Radical religious beliefs are a problem everywhere.

Yes, not drinking alcohol because religion forbids it it's a radical behaviour.

Most of them, the vast majority, don't. Again, don't miss the point, it's perfectly fine to choose not to drink, the problem is when this choice is made for you.

• Advertisement

So off the top of my head buddihists islamists and some Christian groups would all meet your definition for radical religious groups.

I think we should have a good old religious purge Cordell what do you reckon. Get the state to search everyone's home and if we find any evidence for any of these radical groups we should intern them without trial.

The radical bastards.

Advertisement