Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A for €199 on Vodafone - No need to switch number

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Prunty

Dispatch email received already having ordered this morning - class. Anyone find any decent cases?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

It's been said before but oh my good Jebus the website is getting worse.

Wouldn't accept the code earlier, then it did but no confirmation mail sent.

Went back in there now twice and got this beauty

"Something wrong happened. Try again later".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The SuperValu offer page now shows this phone as €99.

It's like Russian roulette though ordering from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ezio Auditore

Yeah I ordered this phone finally after getting a 48 SIM last night, only to find that, while the money is pending in my bank the order didn't go through. Been trying to order it again for the last hour and it keeps saying error when I go to pay.

Vodafone website is a shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 hg4a5g

My friend ordered pixel 4a5g and unknowingly selected "keep my number" instead of "get a new number" and even entered verification code. Hence, a port out request has been sent. Is there any way to revive the number without porting it to Vodafone?

Or shall he consider that number as void and get a new number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I ordered last night too. Money pending in account and received an email saying they've received my order and giving me an order number. No dispatch email though.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

I ordered this evening, 99Euro was taken from my card but I did not get any confirmation email. When I registered and logged in, I can see a Pay As You Go - order with status open but there are no details of the phone or anything.

Does that sound right or strange?

Thanks to all posting here for the support with the Vodafone site and for the OPs for alerting to the offers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭dball

payment is pending in my account all day. so not filled with confidence.#

Then i get this in my email with an post tracking:

Order Number: 001188XXXX

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN 11, at 17:22 on 23 July 2021

gone from not filled with confidence to slightly optimistic !

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Ordered late on Wednesday evening (21st) and it was delivered this morning (23rd) by DPD.

Stunning value! Thanks @darconio and @Gerrymandering reborn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭StopWatch

Jaysus, that website is a trial. After maaaaany hit and miss attempts over the last few days, I now have a order in. Now I just close my eyes and cross my fingers and hope for no "technical glitch"

I like the price, but it'd put you off being a vodaphone customer forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Hi I hope it's ok to ask this here, the google pixel series of phones could someone ELI5 the updates to android 9 ,10 and 11 is each handset limited to the amount of upgrades it gets or is it say the same like 2 you get with a Samsung S10. TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

What a bargain. Potential bargain of the year. Ordered 48 sim Monday. Got sim Wednesday. Order phone Wednesday evening. Got phone by registered An Post today.

Amazon order is out now for a screen protector and case. Thanks so much for the OP and the OP of the SuperValu deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

For me its the possibilty of WiFi calling - plan permitting

And the backup of photos to google cloud (which is normal) but in hi-res

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Right, seems like the miracle has happened and I actually managed to order it.

Contacting their support is absolutely useless so don't bother unless you're just checking order status, which you can on the website anyway. The support staff themselves are nice and all but they can't help with anything because they have no visibility of anything.

Here's what I did.

Used:

• Same Vodafone account Email (their support told me to try ordering without creating an account - Nonsense advice, it failed AND I could not track what was happening).
    • Different (Lycamobile) SIM card. I tried this before and it did not work when I just used Lyca and kept everything the same.
    • Different shipping address.
    • Different contact email.
    • Different contact number.
    • Different credit card.

Something in their system could be messed up and once you use the same information it may be getting cancelled.

Or it could would be the credit card. Maybe once you use the card several times the card authorization vendor they use blocks it temporarily.

It could be that they're out of stock in some areas and the change of address means it was stocked from another warehouse.

Or they may have actually fixed it, but let's not get into fantasy.

But, on a positive note. What an incredible deal! It was worth a few days of hassle and 5 or 6 (lost count) €99 pending charges on my account. Thank you again @Gerrymandering reborn and @darconio

See you all next year for the Pixel 5a reunion 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

Just curious-What screen protector and cover did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Ordered late Thursday night, arrived a few minutes ago via delivery van! What a great deal - thanks OP.

Usual poor experience for me again. Three orders submitted, each one cancelled. Payment appears on card. No explanation for cancelling. Supprort unhelpful as usual. Waste of time.

Here is my theory. Orders go through a credit/fraud team. This team has to process orders after a certain period of time. I think during busy periods they just cancel random orders to save them for reviewing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭honda boi

Ordered one yesterday for my mother

Only got confirmation email.

Checked this morning and it's cancelled.

How long before money returns to account does anyone know?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Hi All,

So just to be clear when ordering this.

The Supervalu offer only works if you are a current Vodafone customer?

To get the phone if not a Vodaphone user do below

1)Pick the option "Get a new number"

2)Choose a top up plan

3)But your phone for €199

4) When you get the phone throw away your new vodafone sim and put in your won sim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Or

1. Order free 48 sim
    2. When 48 sim arrives, activate it for free
    3. Use the Supervalu link to navigate to the Vodafone website: https://supervalu.ie/rewards/exclusive-vodafone-offer-with-real-rewards
    4. Select the Pixel 4a and keep your number
    5. Enter your new 48 sim number
    6. Enter the validation code they text you
    7. Enter the VFSV12 discount code
    8. Complete checkout and pay €99
    9. Chuck 48 sim in the bin
    10. Pray!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

It's the other way around, it won't work for current VF customers. The Supervalu code works for those moving number, so put it in! You'll get the phone for €99, assuming your order goes through.

You want a new, disposable SIM (from Eir, 48 etc.) to port as otherwise the real number you use will be moved to VF. That disposable new number gets moved to VF, but as you say you don't use the new VF SIM which then gets that new number; that goes in a drawer in case you ever need to port a number for a deal on another network. As the phone is unlocked, you can put in your original, "real" SIM and happily work away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Thanks nephster and machiavellianme, makes sense now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is the phone unlocked bought through the Supervalu deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hg4a5g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

If you login to the Vodafone account it creates you can see the order status...I ordered last Sunday looked good confirmation email etc when I looked Monday was cancelled...the money still not refunded yet either...Vodafone saying they don't have it bank saying it's somewhere between Vodafone and them in cyberspace...will order again Monday or Tuesday when I get first refund back...was lads on here before with four or five cancelled orders waiting.on refunds...no rhyme nor reason to it either...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement

Anybody with cancelled orders - please complain to Vodafone Ireland on Twitter. They are the most responsive. They may not be able to resolve, but the more people that complain the better. Vodafone may (finally) realise they have an issue and go investigate properly. Don't bother with the team on the Vodafone online support chat, they appear helpful but are largely powerless.

Advertisement