Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with dual immersion switch

Options
  • 24-07-2021 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi All

My parents dual switch is acting up, it has on/off and sink/bath.

My father took out the old one , it had 7 points in it, all the wires were loose when I got there, so harder for me to know where each goes. I have two different replacement switches, one in pic attached, I have the main grey wire coming in with brown, blue and earth, then I have the core going to the immersion that has 4 strands, black, brown, blue and grey. Can anyone tell me in basic steps where to put each wire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I'm not even sure I know how to choose from the options ON/OFF and SINK/BATH!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I had a big load of text made out in above comment and boards glitched out and cannot be bothered to re type it all out again.

Grey wire. L supply brown wire. N supply blue wire. The other earth goes to the gold connection either side of the switch.

Black brown are the bath sink but I do not know which colours are which without being there with a multimeter to check the ohms. Blue N out and I assume the grey wire is the earth but you should take off the cover off the immersion on tank to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Thanks for that , trying to get this straight in my head

Supply

Brown to L

Blue to N

Immersion 4 strand cable

Blue to out

Black or brown to Bath and sink

The grey wire seems to have current in it when I put a phase tester on it, that is what is confusing me. Any idea on that one?

I am not there now, going back tomorrow, I think I have 3 earth wires from memory, if I have power in three wires brown, black and grey and only two points to put them in do I put two into one??

• Advertisement

I just assumed it was the earth. As I said above take the cover off the immersion on the tank and look at where the wires are connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭John.G

These attachments (one courtesy of Bruthal) may help a little, just remember that there is just one immersion neutral which is common to both elements.

Advertisement