Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vaccination how are you getting on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Astra zeneca is a joke

Why?

Only 33% effective against indian virus and have to wait 12 weeks for the second.
    Even with the second vaccine it'll give poor protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,978 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

wrangler wrote: »
    Only 33% effective against indian virus and have to wait 12 weeks for the second.
    Even with the second vaccine it'll give poor protection.

I think you totally misunderstand vaccination. It's a choice to wait 12 weeks for the second dose because it had good effacy that held longer than newer technology vaccine's. I am not a fan of what AZ did with the EU. It's effacy is actually not that bad. It's a simple cheap to produce vaccine. Problem is the British government with Brexit decided to play football with as it was the first old time vaccine to be perfected. They decided to get a company to produce it that had no expertise in vaccine production. It was like handing over the manufacturing of yogurt to AIBP.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

"Bass wrote:
    It was like handing over the manufacturing of yogurt to AIBP.

Jeez that would be a seriously bad idea. You could find bits of horse in your pot of Fruit of the Forest

cjpm wrote: »
    Jeez that would be a seriously bad idea. You could find bits of horse in your pot of Fruit of the Forest

Do you know when I was posting it as an example I did not genuinely think of that.

But that prooves the point I was making

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭tomtucker81

Well I got my first Pfizer vaccine today with my GP. In and out in a few mins. I hardly noticed it tbh, after 5 mins in the car I felt a stiffness, but it was only in my elbow...
    Other than that I'm generally grand since.

I'm all done, Pfizer too. First shot, just a little pain in the muscle from the needle, was out hiking 18km the next day.
    Second jab last Wednesday, again sore muscle, went for a jog and football training later, next day out hiking again, only 10km this time. Arm noticably sorer, stiff almost. That was it.
    Side affects i suppose depend on the person. I was expecting worse from what I'd heard

• Advertisement

2nd dose of Pfizer today from the GP
    Full protection supposed to kick in in a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Dont go jumping off buildings or anything

Its 12 weeks now
    3 months
    Its not going to go any lower
    Moderna 2nd shot is 3 weeks
    Pfizer 4 weeks

On the question of texting new to turn down an appointment
    Greystones new appointments are taking a forthnight to 3 weeks I hear and that centre is vaccinating over a 1000 a day

AZ to be phased back to 8 weeks just as I predicted

Slava Ukrainii

AZ to be phased back to 8 weeks just as I predicted

We won't give you a prize :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Getting Pfizer on Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭leoch

Getting moderna on Monday lunchtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Do you still have to wear your seatbelt? :cool:

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Do you still have to wear your seatbelt? :cool:

I'd advise it if you get the shivers and shakes like I did as a side effect that night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Getting Pfizer lunchtime Sunday...

I was looking forward to getting it, but lunchtime on a bank holiday Sunday wouldnt have been my first time choice :)

Still, we’ll be there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Appointment 1 scheduled for Sun Morning.

Glad to get the text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

_Brian wrote: »
    Appointment 1 scheduled for Sun Morning.

Glad to get the text.

How you get on?

How you get on?

Done and hone, very efficient set up, guy on desk said they expect to do about 500 today.

Feeling good this morning.
    Had a headache for 24hrs, panadol took the edge off it. Arm I got the jab was weak yesterday and felt like I’d gotten a bee sting at the jab site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

portal still not open for my age group :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

portal still not open for my age group :)

Plenty of young people getting vaccinated by their GPs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

mayota wrote: »
    Plenty of young people getting vaccinated by their GPs.

GP's are like farmers, they have to make hay while the sun shines. Another month or so and that work will start to dry up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm into my 4th week and no sign of an appointment for my second vaccine, nothing on the portal either, should I give them a ring?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

I bet most farmers wouldn't give their animals a vaccine developed in under a year with no long term safety data, and yet here they are rolling up in their droves to receive the Covid prick. Strange times!

I bet most farmers wouldn't give their animals a vaccine developed in under a year with no long term safety data, and yet here they are rolling up in their droves to receive the Covid prick. Strange times!

A lie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

And yet 99% of people on seeing a "new" food or beauty product in a shop will happily bring it home to "try it out".
    Completely unconcerned as to its testing and development history or timeline.
    Take it, don't take it, whatever floats your boat.
    It's not compulsory....

Two things about farmers, they are proportionately an older segment of society, and they know vaccines work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

CoBo55 wrote: »
    A lie..

How long did it take?

Jb1989 wrote: »
    How long did it take?

These vaccines are based on existing vaccines that have been in use for decades.

The regular “flu vaccine”is a different “new” vaccine every single year amd people don’t give that a second thought, amd it’s only 40-45% effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Vaccine is there for years , sars/ sars2 this is just modified , I was reading up on a doctor in cork on Twitter , Anthony o Connor I think , very informative, said vaccines don’t take that long , especially this one . Money was no object and normally it’s all paper work there was no funding required which they normally have to get and trying to find a area for a vaccine and will it pay etc ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I'm into my 4th week and no sign of an appointment for my second vaccine, nothing on the portal either, should I give them a ring?

you absolutely should. 3 weeks for an appointment is supposed to be the maximum.
    1850 24 1850 after 1 pm
    01 240 8787 after 1 pm

stick with the #1 option all the way to get to speak to someone. I was ringing after the 1st week, as everyone around me were getting appointments within the week. Any time I rang I was told allow 3 weeks. I rang on the 21st day, to be informed that the appointment was the following morning. No text was received.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Vaccine is there for years , sars/ sars2 this is just modified , I was reading up on a doctor in cork on Twitter , Anthony o Connor I think , very informative, said vaccines don’t take that long , especially this one . Money was no object and normally it’s all paper work there was no funding required which they normally have to get and trying to find a area for a vaccine and will it pay etc ,

Don't think they ever had a SARS vaccine fully developed but that came back to it wouldn't pay.

Vaccines normally take a couple of years to develop and a couple of years to get approval, the difference here is as you say money was no object.

Big pharma threw everything at it because it was a guaranteed money maker and regulators expedited reviews given the pandemic.

Also disease incidence world wide made it easier to get sufficient numbers in clinical trials
    It's still impressive they got so many approved within the year and with such efficacy but it only happened because it affected 1st world countries. Take ebola as an example, it took years to get a vaccine for a much more lethal disease but globally the numbers were smaller and the countries affected were least able to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

you absolutely should. 3 weeks for an appointment is supposed to be the maximum.
    1850 24 1850 after 1 pm
    01 240 8787 after 1 pm

stick with the #1 option all the way to get to speak to someone. I was ringing after the 1st week, as everyone around me were getting appointments within the week. Any time I rang I was told allow 3 weeks. I rang on the 21st day, to be informed that the appointment was the following morning. No text was received.

Rang this morning, and a lady told me that I should wait for the 28 days to pass before expecting a second text.
    Then, if it doesn't arrive within the next 5 days ring for "escalation "
    That's for Pfizer

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Rang this morning, and a lady told me that I should wait for the 28 days to pass before expecting a second text.
    Then, if it doesn't arrive within the next 5 days ring for "escalation "
    That's for Pfizer

I got told the same story when I rang.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Irish Beef

Don't think they ever had a SARS vaccine fully developed but that came back to it wouldn't pay.

Vaccines normally take a couple of years to develop and a couple of years to get approval, the difference here is as you say money was no object.

Big pharma threw everything at it because it was a guaranteed money maker and regulators expedited reviews given the pandemic.

Also disease incidence world wide made it easier to get sufficient numbers in clinical trials
    It's still impressive they got so many approved within the year and with such efficacy but it only happened because it affected 1st world countries. Take ebola as an example, it took years to get a vaccine for a much more lethal disease but globally the numbers were smaller and the countries affected were least able to pay.

These mRna vaccines are new technology never used in this way before, very untested.

Got Pfizer yesterday. Arm a bit sore. Had a brutal sleep last night but that could be due to the heat. Fine otherwise so far

Got the second dose while the boards platform change was ongoing. No side effects this time so minimal side effects for both doses. Will be getting my fully vaccinated cert end of next week. 8 weeks and 2-3 days between doses.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Boards.ie Thread named "Can you laminate the digital covid cert"

Corkie and alun have posted on page 2 of the above thread, How to get your Covid cert onto a mobile phone app. Follow the links they posted, it worked a treat for me.

Thanks Corkie and Alun.

Post edited by Lime Tree Farm on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭emaherx

Got second jab yesterday. At hay today not entirely sure if I'm just killed with the heat or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Got second moderna yesterday spiking a temperature all night didn't sleep a wink head and sinus about to explode

They are moving very quickly through the age groups. Eldest lad getting Pfizer on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭smillingsam

Get the second dose of moderna last week, arm was just a bit tender when lying on it, otherwise no problems thankfully

Very fluey since I got my second dose

Is it true that those who have a reaction to vaccine (high temp) possess a more active immune system than those who don't feel a thing.

Yea had the paracetamol and loads of water hardly able to keep eyes open

Felt bit off/tired with first,but was at small bales hay,late the night before in anticaption of being sick

Got 2nd during the week there and other than small pain in arm...no reaction atal

Eldest is 18 and she’s in for her first Jab today. She doesn’t know any of her friends who aren’t getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Got notified today of my second jab on Wednesday. 3 weeks from the first one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭endainoz

Got J&J at my local pharmacy two weeks ago, was a bit groggy for the day after it but happy to say it wasnt too bad. My mate got his the following day and was totally floored with it so everyone is different from it really.

glad to say I'm a good bit improved but still only 70%, zero energy, checked cattle there and had to sit down after it for ages

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement