Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭bmc58

Got Astro zenica .one dose in each arm.Both arms were sore/tender for a few days ,felt a little tired too but overall not too bad.All ok now.

Are you left handed by any chance ? I get that (waiting to be seen by consultant) and I'm told it's from years of using a mouse/game controller and it's also related to the ulnar nerve being pinched, I also sleep on that side so notice it some morning when I wake up and brushing my teeth. I did however notice that that and some other minor niggles I had with my knee and Achilles felt .... amplified or worse for a few days after the second dose. Back to normal levels of mildly annoying now though a week later.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I am a lefty however I've never had this sensation on a regular basis until the vax. I've not got a repetitive strain on that side in my everyday.

Also the tiredness feels unique. Hard to explain, I'm 51 and know how I feel when tired and have never felt tiredness like this. It's not "more" tired, just different tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Moderna, first dose I had a sore arm that night but fine the day after. Second dose arm was a bit sore but not as bad as the first dose, that was about it! 41.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Was given the Pfizer. 1 shot down.

Received it about 4.30pm and by 8pm was running a temperature. Took a paracetamol and went to bed and slept it off til 7am the next morning.

No other side effects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Moderna - bit tired day 2 after 2nd dose, but nothing to write home about.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Late Learner

Ok, got the one dose Janssen vaccine from local pharmacy on Tuesday 29th June, no immediate side effects until the Thursday, but I'm still suffering. I have had palpitations, sinusitis, severe headaches, and difficulty sleeping. Now almost a month later I still have a throbbing pain above and between my eyes, particularly at night. I have got an antibiotic from doctor which is now finished, and I've been taking a cocktail of sinus medication and tablets to help me sleep. Does anyone have had those symptoms, and how long did they take to leave. They are particularly bad at night, and affecting my sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,015 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well after the second dose I didn’t get the sore arm at least and felt grand yesterday and most of today but in the last few hours I’ve zero energy and have a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Janssen - within 3 minutes of receiving it got very light headed and passed out. Was out for about 2-3 minutes. When I came to I was absolutely bucketing sweat.

No real symptoms afterwards worth discussing apart from the sore arm.

I'm a young man, fitter than average, zero history of fainting or allergic reactions, no known underlying conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Moderna 1st dose - sore arm & stomach cramps that evening

Moderna 2nd dose - sore arm & stomach cramps that evening. Next day heavy flu like symptoms of 38C temperature all day, extremely fatigued & heavy head & nausea. Day after this, back to normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

Janssen, a bit tired the next day, but could have also just been tired?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Pfizer.

1st dose : Sore arm for about 3 days. Like it was after being bruised.

2nd dose : received at 3pm Tuesday, July 13.

No sore arm. Next day (Wednesday) at around 12, BANG! Flu symptoms. Hair, joints, everything hurt. Water hitting skin when washing hands hurt. Took 2 solpadiene and off to bed. Woke up around 8 and it was like all my limbs were so heavy. Hard to move. Aches agaín, so 2 more solpadiene and back to bed. Woke up the next day (Thursday) and it felt like there was a tennis ball under my armpit on the injected arm. Immense tiredness. Falling asleep on lunch break, straight to bed after work.

Same Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Tennis ball reduced to golf ball over the few days, and glands in neck came out swollen.

Monday was feeling someway back to regular energy levels, but , again I have to say, there's days when the tiredness hits, and it's a different kind of tiredness.... Its like in the cartoons when they pull their eyelids down like roller blinds. Immediately asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Post edited by Multipass on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Thats not strictly a reaction to the vaccine but more a reaction to an injection. Based on speaking with someone working as medic at a MVC it happens a handful of times a day and most likely to be fitter people. Obviously an unsettling experience for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Pfizer. Both jabs received. Age 36

Sore arm for one night after each jab making sleep difficult. No other side effects whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,009 ✭✭✭✭L1011

34, Pfizer, first dose = the injected muscle was fairly sore if touched or moved backwards (like if changing gear in a car) from about 10 hours on til about 36 hours on. Nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Have my first Pfizer vaccine today in city west at 2pm. Anyone been here on a Monday how busy is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Got 2nd Pfizer does yesterday morning. Only a sore arm by last night.

This morning my neck is a bit stiff, I had a slightly sore tooth earlier, tired but I haven't been getting enough sleep in a long time so that's not strange.

Hopefully that's the extent of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I was there for 2pm on Monday 12th July. It took 22 minutes from arrival to departure. However there have been some absolutely shocking 3-4 hour queues over the past week, so not sure if I'll be as lucky for the second dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Got my second dose of Pfizer on Saturday, no side effects really....arm was a bit heavy and slightly sore when I moved it a certain way, but it's gone now. Everything ok basically, yay 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

Astra Zeneca

1st dose: strong headache, tired, for one day

2nd dose: nothing

My mother (age 86) got one of the mRNA vaccines, no side effects whatsoever.

Recommendation regarding Paracetamol I've heard from virologists is to only take it if there are symptoms (like a headache), not to take it prophylactically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Moderna

1st dose - sore arm (not too bad) and a little bit of tiredness

2nd dose sore arm, fever the night after and a feeling like i was hungover the next day (fever only lasted about 6 hours)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Moderna, 1st dose = sore upper arm, started a few hours after injection, stopped maybe a day later

Moderna, 2nd dose = sore upper arm.

Also, advised by injecting soldier to drink plenty of water, the idea being to reduce chance of fever-type reaction that night

It worked, I felt a touch of the shivers at maybe 1am that night, but that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Apart from a lack of vivid nightmares, this was basically my experience too. Fever hit 39.5 at one point, but then broke soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭orlaxxx

1st Pfizer a bit tired, sore arm

2nd Pfizer - slightly more tired and sore arm however all cleared up and back to normal within 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

I got Pfizer on Friday and I experienced dizziness, and I felt like I was going to pass out. I let the nurse know and they done checks on me. It was extremely embarrassing because they had to put me in a wheelchair as a safety precaution.

Everything was fine when they done the tests on me. It was just strange because I've never experience this with any other vaccine.

Other than this the only side effect was a numb arm for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Pfizer 1st dose nothing

Pfizer 2nd dose nothing

Thank God for that lucky I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I didn't have any side effects after either Pfizer doses. My arms weren't really sore after either of them, it was more irritating than sore. I've gotten at least one vaccine as an adult which pretty much numbed my arm for a day so I was thankful there wasn't a repeat of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Ms Big Mac got her vaccine a few months ago working in private hospital.

Astra Zeneca

Shot 1: fever within 6 hours, aches and pains etc. This lasted roughly 24 hours and back to normal.

Shot 2: a little bit tired not many symptoms.

7 days later she starts getting chest pain.

This got worse over 3 days and she presented herself at A&E. She advised the doctors when she got the vaccine etc and they didn’t seem too fussed. During her 12 hours left in A&E 3 young women presented with chest pain all relating to vaccine they think.

finally diagnosis is Pleurisy caused by the Astra Zeneca vaccine as confirmed by doctor. Thankfully she’s just about better now.

I got pfizer

Shot 1: sore arm. Tired. Back in business 24 hours later.

awaiting shot 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Pfizer

1st dose: sore arm where I got the injection but no other symptoms

2nd dose: Sore arm on the day. Next day, flu symptoms - 38C temp, feel heavy, aching joints, mild shivers, really tired. It's cráp but I'd do it again without a second thought. I'll update tomorrow when hopefully the symptoms subside.

39M and healthy.

Advertisement