Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Good displays from both the minor ad U20 hurlers during the week. While they both lost there has been improvements. Only a few years ago they would have lost those games by 20 plus points.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭conor05

The Kerry hurlers have a lot of work to do on Strength and Conditioning if they want to win the Joe McDonagh and move up to Liam McCarthy level.

They just don’t look like a well conditioned team compared to Westmeath, Antrim etc.

Surely they have access to the S&C hired by the County Board?

This needs to start now with the minor hurler, it’s probably too late with the current senior squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

That minor game would have been a lot closer it the six footballers were left play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

How the **** was that a penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Only 2,500 allowed at present for the Munster final, unless Jack Chambers intervenes:

https://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/1417179751593222150

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

That's disappointing to see. I'd love to think those who made the trip to Thurles would get preference but won't count on it.

Can't understand wby they weren't left imo.

John Barry was there for the last few years but was gone thins year. I don't know was there even much of a backroom team this year or not

James O'Donoghue has left the Kerry panel - granted, he's hardly played in the last two years, but the timing of the announcement could have been better:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40341272.html

• Advertisement

James wouldn't have featured this year anyway imo and wont affect things much for Sunday at all. Played for Legion against Kenmare at the weekend and knocked in 1-2. Best of luck to him

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HoliyMoliy

James O Donoghue has been dogged by injuries over the years. Feel very sorry for him. At his best he was exceptional. Injury robbed him of a glittering career.

only 2500 allowed into Killarney next Sunday. There will be more people mixing in Killarney town watching the game.makes little sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hopontop

Anyone know what pubs in Dingle have outdoor screens to show the matches on Saturday & Sunday by any chance? Thanks

I think Bawn’s pub have a screen out the back of the pub. It’s no harm to ring around and to book a table now.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hopontop

Best of luck to the lads today

Ciarraí Abú

• Registered Users Posts: 18,547 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Jack Barry and Paul Murphy start instead of Micheal Burns and Gavin Crowley

Post edited by Bass Reeves on

Slava Ukrainii

Fair to say we're very lucky to play that poorly and yet be five up at the break - Moran is doing well in midfield, and Killian Spillane made a big difference when he came on, but pretty much took until the water break to get to grips with Brian Hurley, even if Brian O'Beaglaioch has been immense since. That said, you do wonder how much of the turnaround is down to us improving or Cork tiring, even if we do settle down in the second half, more consistency would be needed against the Ulster champs.

We started to take our scores after the water break. Early the game we should have put the ball over the bar instead of trying to run it into the Cork goal. Paul Geany should have put the ball over the bar that time. Not a bit confidant in Shane Ryan between kickouts and not reacting to balls off uprights

Post edited by Bass Reeves on

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

A few stats - Kerry's highest ever score in a Munster final, and the only time there was a higher margin was in 1919, when we beat Clare by 23.

Good win after a shaky start but Cork football at a low ebb.

Don't think Mayo or Kerry/ (Tyrone/Mon) will best the Dubs tho.

Mad how quiet it is in this thread today compared to after the game in PUC. It was like the Cork GAA thread for a few days after that.

That was a proper performance today. Put them away and did it well. It was needed, to give them a proper hiding and back in their box. Kerrigan and Sean Powter during the week both saying cork were going down there to win a Munster title. Instead, they head back up the road with a record defeat in the bag.

A great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

A very disjointed game overall with the scoreline masking a poor Kerry display that would see them out of the game by half time against Tyrone/Monaghan/Mayo or Dublin. Cork ran out of everything in the second half which allowed the big score more than Kerry actually stepping up a level.

PK got it all wrong starting Murphy and Barry as a half forward and it took some fantastic individual displays to get us going. Begley, White and Breen were fantastic. Tom O Sullivan seemed to be our spare man again which is not what we want as he is a top defender. A passive Jason Foley turned up again today, had no bite in him at all and got destroyed by Hurley. Why on earth did Murphy start instead of Crowley, he was poor again and hope Crowley is back in for the semi final.

Moran and Barry were very good overall when O Connor went off, but they were up against a non mobile midfield unit. I really hope Diarmuid O Connors injury isn’t bad. To be fair to Moran he looked a lot fitter today and covered a lot of ground. However he was done for speed a few times and this is my worry against the bigger teams. Barry scored a few nice points.

I prefer Fitzgibbon in goal, his kick outs were quicker and Ryan seems a bit to passive at times.

P Clifford is like Iniesta, he sees passes nobody else can. Shoe in for an All Star already. Geaney poached well close to goal where he should be kept. S O Shea class as usual. S O Brien worked his socks off. Spillane contributed a couple of scores. D Clifford had an off day which is fine but he actually didn’t play well by his standards against Clare or Tipp either. He needs a big game in the All Ireland Semi. Thought Tony Brosnan would get a good run out but no sign of him which is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clancarre

How come Jack Connor didn't give Iniesta a chance at minor 2014 or under 21 2017? This led to PK leaving him out in 2019 and 2020

Paul Murphy cannot play CB. When he goes forward he goes out onto the wing this leave the whole center open. He was at fault for the Cork goal, he was gone to far forward and was out of the central area of the pitch. CB is all about defence management especially if you have two excellent attacking WB's beside you. You hold that pocket.

Diarmuid O'Connor's was off the pitch and not replaced he should have held the center. Moran as well when he say Foley one on one with Hurley he should have got back in front of goal faster instead he slowed down and virtually stopped.

I do not think the problem was The imbalance in the starting 15 it was down to a lackadaisical attitude at the start of the game and trying to run through Cork instead of notching up the scores.

Shane Ryan will not get the same easy kickouts against any team we ay from now on. As well considering he plays outfield at his club he is not comfortable on the ball. He hesitated two or three times carrying the ball today. He looks for the easy option all the time.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

I'm going to call it, if it is tyrone, will be a right scrap. If kerry get over that, I don't think they'll be stopped.

And yes kerry hammered them in the league semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

There is zero chance of us beating Dublin as they mismatch us in too many places. The Tyrone defence will not hold Kerry, Monaghan would stand a better chance. We stand a better chance if Mayo beat them in the semi as we match up against them better. I actually think Mayo will beat Dublin in the semi if they play like they did in the second half yesterday. As per usual then they will choke in the final for a Kerry win ha ha.

• Advertisement

If Kerry give let team from now on the advantage they gave Cork in the first quarter it would be game over. We be 10-12points down against a more ruthless team.

I am wondering why Keane is swapping around the team and changing tactics. If Paul Murphy is not good enough to start on the wing he is not good enough at CB. I actually taught starting Jack Barry instead of Burns was a good choice but we were at sixes and sevens until the water break

I am really worried that he is trying to fit PM into the team and he did not get his matchups right yesterday.

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement