Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seetec - JobPath

• 26-07-2021 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm currently on JSA I have been for about 6 weeks since I finished a level 5 course where I was getting BTEA.

I got a letter last week from job path saying I'm selected and will have a call with an advisor. I've never been on jobpath before, and I'm slightly confused because I have plans to do a level 8 degree in September (on BTEA) so this is in two months (the social welfare know I have these plans).

I'm just wondering what is going to happen? Isn't jobpath designed to make the person get a full time job? If I'm in a full time job I obviously can't do a full time degree.

Has anyone had an experience like this where you plan to be on BTEA and do a full time course but get jobpath in the summer? Now obviously I haven't been accepted to the course yet, as I find out through the cao in early September, but I have full marks so I should be accepted.

I'm just confused as to what job path will do with me for 1-2 months as I read it's meant to be a year long program but if you're in full time education you can't do job path. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi, unfortunately being on a JSA payment automatically includes you for possible selection for Jobspath, regardless of your previous BTEA or indeed you plans to do level 8. In essence your picked randomly as a recipient of JSA.

I won't go into what Jobspath is and its appalling history, if you search through various threads you'll get the picture.

All I can advise is take the call, Sign absolutely nothing (under no obligation), engage in the interim but explain your plans. Proceed with your plans Seperately and if approved for further BTEA this will take precedence as such.

Unfortunately there's an important thing to understand, if in receipt of JSA regardless of your intentions, you must be seeking employment, Jobspath companies are tasked with allegedly assisting jobseekers find employment. Follow their requests etc whilst Seperately focus on your next BTEA plans.

Search Turas Nua or Seetac for further info and shared experiences.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Thanks for your comment, I have read about jobpath and I can see its terrible, it's a shame they just randomly pick me.

I have a question, I read that there's two things they try have you sign, the personal progression plan and the data consent.

I read that the data consent is optional but the personal progression is mandatory, is this true? What happens if I sign the PPP and not the data consent? Or what happens if I sign neither, wouldn't they say I'm not engaging? Thanks 

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Refuse to engage with them is my advice to you. Seetec are absolute crooks.

I would like to but I can't afford to not engage and have my payment cut! It's unfortunate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

If you get a job for the 1-2 months you won't need to engage with them. Places are crying out for staff

• Advertisement

Extremely important to engage in the interim, I strongly advise this as not too will possibly lead to your JSA being cut.

In essence the general consensus is you are under NO obligation to sign anything. The PPP is what it is, progression and if there's none, its meaningless.

My advice is to absolutely offer to engage, document everything and advise your not prepared to sign anything you don't fully understand, get an email address when that time comes, fully explain your desire to engage and mention your intentions not to sign anything. You can not legally be penalised for this.

Engage, Document everything, times of calls and save any SMS. Hopefully your further education plans will be sorted quickly before Seetac actually start engaging fully

I wouldn't mind this but am I able to get a job and still return to BTEA in September? I thought to get BTEA you have to be in receipt of a payment immediately before course starting, and if I get a job I won't be

I see your point but the OP may not qualify for BTEA if not in receipt of a SW payment, also once referred to Jobspath even if a person gets a job and signs contracts with Seetac etc, they can continue to contact you and astonishingly a person's employer.

Thanks, I definitely plan on engaging with them fully and telling them I will engage. That's good to hear I wouldn't get penalised for not signing, there seems to be conflicting posts about that online but after reading about it now it seems they can't do anything if I don't sign as long as I engage with the service. And thanks for tips, I plan to record all calls with them and emails etc. Since I hopefully start college in September they only really have a month or 2 max with me so I doubt much can be done in that time apart from a few phone calls maybe some CV and interview work, as if I'm in full time education I can't do jobpath. Thanks for advice! My call is tomorrow so I'm going to post what happened then

• Advertisement

Good luck, keep your thoughts to yourself etc and absolutely document everything, there are RAREand I mean RARE cases of positive Jobspath experiences but as long as you engage your adhering to your obligations 😏

Thank you! I feel better now and more prepared for my call tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Download an app called cube acr. This records all calls. Tell them for clarity purposes, you keep concise records and your calls are recorded. It stops any misunderstandings down the line. My friend did that and they refused to talk to him. You are entitled to do it though

Thanks I'll check it out, even if I don't tell them I'm recording I understand it's still ok to record them?

It is not, honestly I wouldn't be going down the road. There is strict obligations surrounding the recording of conversations. I've seen this raised before and whilst it is correct to say Seetac won't talk to you if conversations recorded, it only creates tension and negativity, just a humble opinion I might add.

Oh I thought Ireland has a one party consent rule, so one person of the call has to be aware of the recording, which would be me? I don't want tention with them so I might not bother to record but I'll see

I have a question, what happened when they refused to talk with him? Was he kicked off Job path? Or his payment cut? How would they progress with him if they don't want to talk with him

Whatever about one party consent, I just feel its not a wise approach, that's just my opinion, just see how it goes, you'll soon get a feel for how to approach Seetac etc

They told him he is paused until face to face meetings resume. It is funny, as when you ring seetec, the machine tells you all calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes. He does the same as it will help if anyone says "we didnt say that". It is kinda hard to understand how they say they do it, but then wont allow it. It is so important to have records.

To be honest, I fail to see the need to worry about upsetting SEETEC. They are not exactly the most respected company to be dealing with. It is not difficult to find what they have been upto by doing a simple google. Your records (phone conversations) will prevent any false allegations or misunderstandings.

https://www.letmegooglethat.com/?q=seetec+complaints+and+reviews

• Advertisement

I fully agree with your sentiments, I know all too well about Jobspath and the disgraceful Sham it is, personally, I dealt with Turas Nua but both from the same cloth.

My advice to OP is not out of concern about upsetting Seetac but to guide them through the process as they are new to Jobspath, I advise people to be seen to engage, document everything and be ultra cautious, certainly not cower to them. They'll bully and harass if permitted too, I on the other hand took them on and as I've discussed this on other threads. Needless to say neither will want me ever referred to them again 😏

There was a report on boards recently that you if you log in to see the progression plan, there is a ryanair style opt in, which basically gives them permission to act on your behalf. In other words, you are agreeing to their contract/agreement/plan, even though you did not mean to.

Once agreed, you have to do as they tell you or they threaten you. Here is a small snippet of their Plan. If you look at the last line, you are agreeing to do an interview every day. How can you do that if you are not called for one? Gatecrash them maybe? This is a simple example, some of the terms I read said much sillier things.

Wow, thanks for that I won't be opting in to anything, I'll be careful with that. That's ridiculous 1 interview everyday 🤣

They tell you that you can ignore that bit and this bit. But if it's an agreement you "signed" . a verbal agreement is not worth the "paper" it is written on. I think you are wise enough to see where this is going.

You don't sign agreements without reviewing them properly, so get it on paper or by email. Print it out and read it line by line. Query things like the interview a day, you cannot sign or agree to something you know you cannot do. Remember, being told to ignore that bit and this bit is not valid, the paper or electronic agreement cannot be superceded by "she told me to ignore that" etc etc

Thanks, I'll keep this all in mind, honestly don't think I'll sign a thing unless I fully understand and comfortable with it, otherwise I'll tell them I'm not comfortable signing but that I will engage fully with them without giving my signature

Had my call. It went well the women was nice, I explained to her I have data privacy concerns as they're a third party I didn't want to sign, and she said I am within my right not to sign, and I asked will I get penalised for not signing and she said no I won't, she said she made a note saying I will engage with the service but just not sign the PPP as they're a third party. So it went well! As for BTEA I told them my plans to return to college in September and they said that's fine, and when I get accepted to just let them know, and Job path would end as I return to education.

Excellent, well done, that's how it's done. Just be mindful to get cracking on the BTEA process

Thanks, so glad it went well, and yeah I'm filling in forms for BTEA today, usually I do this later on in September when I get accepted, but I'm taking no risks and putting it in early, I have already told the social about my plans back in June but didn't fill the the BTEA form yet, so that's getting done today. Thanks for all the advice!

Your welcome and best wishes for the future 😏

• Advertisement

Super. Well done. I figure she realised you would not be going into work so she wouldnt be getting the three thousand euro payment

Advertisement