Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

It would often have a habit of having some posts disappear for a time (probably a cache related issue) to name one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Hmm , not liking this new layout ...anyway ShadowRun is great (but not a patch on the more linear SNES game . Starflight is one of my favourite games ever ...and funnily enough I finished a play through of it a few days ago .Its a little less balanced than I remember , if you know what you're doing , you can mine enough resources in your home system to to upgrade your ship and tank to max very quickly , then its a case of following the breadcrumbs of hints on planets to find alien artefacts , talk to some aliens and with your maxed out ship fly through the galaxy to clear the games main quest .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ugh. I am hating the new boards layout.

I can't even tell which threads I'm subscribed to have been updated. So many parts of the site are broken right now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Inviere

Worse still are the "change is always scary" brigade. This isn't just change, the site is just bloody broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

How do you follow the forum again? I've all the threads I follow still there, but none of the forums.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I’m not sure you can yet. I never follow threads but am using that as a means to ‘follow’ the forum the thread belongs to.

I can see small improvements are happening but still a long way to go before both desktop and mobile versions are user friendly imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just put a deposit on a SteamDeck, it'll be interesting to see what it performs like.

Mine won't be ready to ship until Q1 next year, but still, should be interesting

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Did the same myself this morning although I've no real intention of buying one, or not unless some reviews change my mind when it's finally released. I've a decent enough PC for my gaming needs and my Switch is permanently docked and gathering dust as handheld gaming isn't my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

Think I'm going to pre order one as well, I still play my vita more than my PC but could see my steam library getting more use with the steam deck(about 300 games now thanks to bundles lol)

Yeah. I don't mind change. It makes sense that they had to migrate platforms considering that vbulletin is being sunset soon but... so much of the site is just broken or not functioning as intended at the moment it's insane.

Like... I still have no idea which threads I'm following have been updated or not... that's the most confusing and annoying part for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

A bit of a mess on desktop for that, on mobile on https://boards.ie/discussions/bookmarked it tells you how many new posts have been made on each of your followed threads since you last viewed it.

Post edited by sniper_samurai on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Oh we're back....🎃💩

Do emojis work here now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Hi all,

Just wondering what you think is worth? Please be brutally honest.

It has a pi3b+ with Linux batocera with 128gb micro sd card. Seems to be working fine. Only issue I can see is the p2 coin button for is mixed up with the p2 start button. Could do a new a bezel also.

Not sure it this can even go on adverts etc as Its clearly a project piece and probably should go to a home with someone who's familiar with raspberry pi etc.

Sorry in advance for the photos. New boards will not let me rotate them...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I see the Google has some sort of Japanese style RPG game on their homepage today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well it's more a sports game that's in the style of a JRPG. It's a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone else watching the Olympics opening ceremony?

All the athletes walking in to an orchestra playing videogame music.

Was really hoping they'd change to a Mario tune for Italy!

Edit - bloody Starlight Zone. Well that's made my day.

Must check it out.

Getting no notifications for the new site....what a load of shite

Gonna order an Aimtrak on pay day.

Now that I have my Netbooting up and running for my Naomi 2 setup it also has OpenJVS integrated.

Apparently Aimtrak works fine with Open JVS... so means I'll be able to play stuff like Confidential Mission / House of the Dead and can use my PS3 / PC steering wheel for the likes of Crazy Taxi and Jambo Safari.

...and of course they'll also work with the PC setup that I'll have in the there.

Once I have that up and running I'll probably try to set up some kind of foot pedal so that I can play the likes of Time Crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Are many of you using a HDD in a PS2? I never really thought about it, the console hasn't even been plugged in for a year or two but I have a spare HDD and a SATA adaptor and Free McBoot card are relatively inexpensive so I thought it would be worth setting up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ps2 hd is a game changer. Definitely worth setting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Let us know what figure you arrive at if you're Dublin based, far from the worst bartop I've seen over the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Crazy easy to set up now too, you can buy whole kits on ebay so no actual modding of memory cards yourself needed anymore. Just plug it all in and go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mod Note: Just to say that there is no sales or requests for prices in the forum.

You need to use the marketplace and follow the rules therein.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Yeah I've seen a number of posts online saying to not buy a Free McBoot card as it's that easy but I don't have a DVD burner, it was only a tenner so feck it. Should be easy enough to keep it updated though with transfering from USB.

Seems the 'hardest' part would be it being a bit awkward when adding games down the line having to take the side panel off the PC and plug the HDD in but not a big deal as it wouldn't be often, I'll watch a few hidden gem videos in advance.

You can make a freemcboot with a action replay cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Cheers. After playing in a game center for a solid 2 months. I can confirm a bartop is just not the same as the real thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Inviere

Just pick up an IDE/SATA to USB adapter for connecting the HDD to the PC. They come in handy forms like a drop in dock etc, cheap enough too.

• Advertisement

Doing a PS2 HDD inside a cab soon.

Tested out the jamma converter to the PS2 and I got sound but no image. I'd guess it's a sync issue.

It's on the list of 99 things I have to do. With absolutely **** all time to do anything for the last few months

Advertisement