Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BlaktainPicard

Its a joke , Spaiin being really red and because of the young people that aren't vaccinated hopping all over each other partying - just the same demographic that is these Spanish students.

Brilliant move again.

But don't let that filthy unvaccinated mongrel get a cup of tea....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I used Norway with close to 10 times less deaths than Sweden, Denmark with over 3 times less and Finland with over 8 times less because they are not only neighbours of Sweden, but along with Sweden are the other three countries along with Iceland (over 17 times less deaths than Sweden) that are commonly known as the Nordic countries. Other than all the others using lockdown while Sweden were initially chasing herd immunity with very light touch restrictions of "whatever you think yourselves", I would find it difficult to see how Sweden are not the elephant in that particular room.Even putting them in a room with Ireland with which they have little in common with, with almost 50% more deaths they still look a bit of an elephant.

Australia and New Zealand just closed their borders to everyone with a zero Covid policy. We could have done the same if you believe that would have worked. Personally I never saw that as a viable solution, and it doesn`t look as if it is working out for them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

LOL.

So it`s not cherry picking when it comes to comparing Ireland to a country we have little or nothing in common with on indoor hospitality, yet somehow it is when comparing the same country`s deaths with it`s Nordic neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,291 ✭✭✭facehugger99

16 months in and it finally occurs to them to question the absolute con-job on hospital numbers!

Covid being allowed to spread like wildfire in nursing homes and hospitals from the very start of this and we burned our economy to the ground to try and protect the arses of our dithering politicians.

The tens of billions that have been needlessly pissed away, the widespread removal of democratic rights and freedoms, the incessant fear-mongering - all cheered on by social-media, clappy-seals too dumb to figure out their futures are being mortgaged.

It's been disgusting to watch this unfold and I hope criminal charges are eventually brought against the architects of this.

What I mean is, the inference is they are vectors still, so why are they allowed into indoor dining establishments?

a vector is a vector is a vector..

If only so Tony et al can bring their kids out for dinner I think without looking like hypocrites .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sure, but indoor dining is now a more controlled environment than schools. We are six weeks from schools coming back and it is doubtful it will change into September.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

nothing will ever happen,won’t be reported on and people involved will retire on nice pensions or given cushy jobs elsewhere

while we will be ridden raw by tax increases and cutbacks for years to come

Indoor dining would have many young people unvaccinated working yes?

Indoor dining means those sitting have no masks yes?

School has one teacher per class and the kids keep their masks on all day, not a hope it's more controlled than schools.

Sure we're constantly told the schools are the "safest places to be" how can you say dining is more controlled? do you mean safe when you use the word controlled?? for the record, I believe kids unvaccinated should sit outside with the rest of those in the same health status category.

Not sure why you feel I have any influence over any of this. This is how the situation seems to be and teacher comparison is bit confusing as they are not in school. One would assume those serving in indoor dining are masked are at lower risk anyway being surrounded by the vaccinated but TBH how these rules come about is no longer of any interest to me. I'm now looking to post-surge decision-making.

not at all, what makes you think I feel you have an influence over this? unless you have a white cat and swivel chair.

I would assume that if for this month, young people are eating out unvaccinated with parents, they are still close contacts of staff who share houses and are still higher chance vectors. so as the month ticks on some can catch this "dreaded disease" and come September walk it into schools.

I just think there's a lot of rule waving on this occasion so some can bring little Johnny out to dinner.

well if they separate the numbers as indicated today, there may never be any true indication of any surge..

That's IF they separate those in hospital being treated FOR and those who've just popped a +swab test WITH Covid.

• Advertisement

My only view of anything at present is that all of this stopgap stuff matters far less than the rate of vaccination, which should squeeze infections over the next few weeks. These age groups are at the lowest risk of disease and little to no risk of hospitalisation. In terms of cases that is really all that matters now and there is still no sign of whatever NPHET imagined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

It's actually quite disturbing that the hype around those in Ireland not getting vaccinated gets so much more focus than those living abroad do when they come over to Ireland. Looking at African countries' vaccination levels, we should really be banning people from African countries coming to Ireland, not worrying about Paddy who fears Bill Gates and 5g who wants to sit inside somewhere and have a pint. It is not consistent to support the ban of non-vaccinated people from doing certain things but then not also calling for bans on immigration from countries (typically the poorer countries) from travelling to Ireland. But I guess the fragile economy needs cheap labour!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

It's frustrating to see. It's a great shame that we'll probably never know whether the unprecedented restrictions and micro-management of peoples' daily lives has even had a significant positive impact on the spread of Covid 19 in Ireland. You could always say that, had we never locked down, mandated face coverings, social distancing etc., then the death toll would have been many times greater. But we'll really never know.

That each of the 3 waves (so far) were mainly caused by the virus spreading WITHIN hospitals and care homes might be absolutely criminal and, if so, you'd love to see justice metered out appropriately. But Irish government departments, no matter the party, are unmatched in their arse-covering abilities. It'll probably never be investigated anyway. Remember Cervical Check? Remember Maurice McCabe? Well this time the ruling class have actually played a BLINDER because they genuinely care about your safety and, so long as you've been a compliant subject, you too are a front-line hero worthy of admiration.

If however, you've questioned the handling of the epidemic here in Ireland, or expressed concern over the legality of any restrictions to-date (and the implication of such 'emergency' legislation going forward) then you're a bigoted far-right whacko.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

How many COVID related deaths have we had in July

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Surely you can do some independent research there yourself Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,428 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

That figure does not have a high enough scare factor ratio to be considered newsworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭bloopy

This was being asked a year ago and those who were asking were told to take it to the conspiracy forum.

It wasn't considered worthy of enquiry because too many were happy staying on the doom train.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Wow. So "clean" customers will be staring intently at the doors in case any "unwashed" get through? Unless they work there of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

So, can we sit at the bar or is it still tables only?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

Table service only

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Governments are generally not quick to cede control and authority once they have it. The kind of person that gets into politics is generally the type of person who thinks they should be in charge so it would makes sense for them to retain the power to oversee people's lives.

All of these things were true before covid and are true now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

since when is the government in control ?

NPHET is in control with the government making the odd tweak when they dare .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Did I read they changed it back to only 1 person on each table to give details

Covid passport and ID for that person and others

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

And put your hand up if you need to go to the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Was in a bar today. Only one of us had to sign in.. both had to produce covid certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Yeah the draft guidelines were amended last night.

Same as it was just 1 contact to be provided, everyone has to show proof of vaccination, digital cert or HSE card plus ID. Now I already know of pubs where if they know you you don't want to see ID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Facebook, Twitter, everywhere. It was a worldwide thing. There were marches/protests all over the place.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement