Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Economics101

Frankie19, you got lucky! Called at 0830 (opening time) and gave up after over 90 minutes. The annoying american voice ("your call is important to us"), was replaced by announcements saying that they were trying to deal with people who needed to travel over the next 7 days. Which basically meant that anyone who wants to go into a cafe, restaurant, pub, etc can sod off. Disgrace.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just posting this in case anyone has requested a change - seems to be a bit of a wait with changes.

I requested a name change for my wife last Tuesday (22nd) , rang again on Thursday (24th) was told Id have it Friday (25th) - rang again yesterday and was told it was already updated on Thursday 24th.

New cert arrived this morning in her email...So a week to get the new cert if you request a change in my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

you can use your HSE card for all indoor activities as per Failte Ireland.

The cert is not a requirement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Economics101 refers to the 'HSE certificate recovery website' - is that accessible by all? Son got J&J on 6th July in pharmacy - still awaiting his DCC. If I had a URL for the 'HSE certificate recovery website' I might be able to trace the situation.

Thanks very much  

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭airy fairy

No, that's only for those who have caught Covid and have recovered and need a cert.

My daughter is vaccinated since April and has still to talk to someone despite hours on hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I am coming back to IReland next month from Spain, will the regular offical EU cert work for entry into restaurants ?

I got vaccinified in Spain ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

..another thing, I know in Denmark their plan is to remove the need to show certs sometime next year, are Ireland planning the same ?

Or will restaurants still be checking certs in 2026 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

airy fairy - Doh! of course - I understood it as 'recovery of missing cert' 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭wandererz

Be careful trying to get into a restaurant or pub if it hasn't been 14 days since your second dose.

All the media mentions is requiring the DCC, but when it's scanned at the establishment it will fail since 2 weeks haven't passed and you will be denied entry.

🤣

It's painful that you can't just email them or apply online with your pps number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

The 1800 number is failing and rejecting calls for the last hour or so now. Once you call and select your option, it disconnects.

Anyone seeing this? Any way around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Chrissy1

I finally received my Covid cert. It is however in my married name whereas my passport and flight tickets are in my maiden name. Has anyone any thoughts on whether this will be an issue for travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ihackedboardz

Yes I've tried about ten times within the last hour & the same issue, was fully jabbed on the 1st of June but still no Cert :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Yes, the cert should match your travel documents.

My certificate and passport have different forenames but got my certificate changed to match my passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

Rang today at 08:31. On hold for 4hrs 40. Your man answers and straight away he puts me on hold again, I was like NO NO NO. (He Had to deal with his mother at door or something)

First thing I said when I had a chance was please take my mobile number in case I get cut off

Turns out they were missing a F00kin dot in my email address, he wasn’t sure who was at fault

he changed it and now has to be sent off to HSE queue, he said may take 8 or 9 days to sort

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Myself and my partner received our certs this morning, 15 days after receiving the J&J in the pharmacy. Happy days so I thought as she is travelling on Saturday. Then we realise they put the wrong name/misspelled name on her cert. They also put the wrong date of vaccination but that's not a big deal.

Anyone any tips for calling in for a name change and cert to be reissued? I know it's a different option when you call but are the wait times any shorter? Conscious that I'm with 3 and might get cut off after 2 hours or so, don't have a land-line to ring from.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

You don't need the DCC to get into a cafe, restaurant or pub.....

Your HSE vaccine card will do. This is confirmed on the guidelines.

Why don't people actually read up regulations that Failte Ireland have published instead of clogging an already packed HelpLine because they want a cup of coffee inside.

Page 3

https://failtecdn.azureedge.net/failteireland/Guidance-for-Indoor-Hospitality.pdf

The specific details of the process will include: 

▪ Presentation to the responsible person at the controlled entrance of each customer’s Proof of Immunity made under the Health (Amendment)(No.2) Act 2021; this will include EU Digital Covid Certificate and HSE Covid-19 Vaccination Record).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Does not seem like the phone waiting times have improved as yet. Currently on hold for the past 5 hours 26 minutes

Yes.

Happening here too.

It's disgraceful.

And the poor call taker is going to feel the abuse because of the frustrating manner in which this is being dealt with from many who are irrate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 R75MM

I am also trying to get through.

Call is answered by the 'IVR'; press option 2, then listen to the standard message before you get cut off! Grr.

Thanks,

-R7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tranquilo

I'm getting my second does with GP on 3rd August. In peoples experience what are the chances I'll receive my cert in the post by 23rd August?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Frankie19

Thanks I needed the cert updated to match passport for travel next week.

All sorted and updated cert already in my inbox.

I got both doses in GP in May/June and got the email from the hse the day after the certs were released.

I had to get my cert amended. Cert was in maiden name and passport was married name. Was told on the phone today they needed to match as I was hoping a marriage cert at check in would suffice.

I rand bang on 8.30 but option 1 was what I needed so maybe they are prioritising ammendments?

The main purpose of the EU DCC is for travel not dining. Government has added dining onto it which no doubt is now adding to the helpline delays when it should have been made clearer your HSE cert is accepted .

Rang at bang on 8.30 this morning and was waiting just over an hour selecting option 1 for ammendments. New cert was in my inbox by 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It is stated in the regulations on Page 5/Section 5 of SI 385. Link to it below.

“proof of vaccination” means a record or other evidence in written or electronic form in the Irish language or the English language or, where in a language other than the Irish or English language, a translation into the Irish or English language, that contains the following information:

(a) confirmation that the person to whom the record or evidence refers is a vaccinated person;

(b) the date or dates on which the person was vaccinated;

(c) the body in the state concerned -

(i) implementing the vaccination programme (howsoever described) on behalf of the state that administered or caused to be administered the vaccination to the person concerned, or (ii) that has been authorised to issue such record or other evidence to the person concerned, and i

Includes - (I) an EU Digital Covid Certificate issued under Article 3(1)(a) of the Digital Covid Certificate Regulation), and (II) a HSE Covid-19 Vaccination Record;

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Hi all looking for a bit of advice.

We just booked our holiday for next Friday hadn't really looked at or DCC now.

Both surnames on our certs are lowercase instead of upper case so both look like this O toole instead of O'Toole that would be on our passports... Will this need to be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Government kept quiet on the waiting period after your your 2nd dose/J&J 1 dose. Nowhere did it say your cert will not be valid till after the vaccine protection period

Ill be allowed inside to pubs from next Monday 2nd Aug (2 weeks from when i got my J&J vaccine)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I’ve experienced this twice in the last 2 days while holidaying in Kerry. I got the 2nd moderna 13 days ago. 2 restaurants refused me when they scanned my cert. I presume it’s because it’s not been 14 days but they had no idea. Computer said no - so no entry.

I had not heard this mentioned in the media so I went on the stay cation assuming I’d not have this problem. What a load of….

Advertisement