Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Read back on this thread, Shebean responded to a post accusing people of "racism" and when asked to clarify, we had you and other random posters pile onto me for asking for clarity.

Perfect example of what Sinn Fein and Mary Lou mention in the article above and hence why I mentioned it.

It is derailing the thread so I will leave it, just know to ignore Shebean from now on as they are dishonest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

That's a complete lie.

You got there on your own and won't supply a quote to back you up because there isn't one. You asked for proof of the comment people are swarming to soup kitchens. You said you'd not seen it. Then when supplied you tried to make out a reference to racism tactics was aimed at people rather than accept the quote on swarming soup kitchens. Now you are bold faced lying. As I said, you are embarrassing yourself.

And for some reason you bring in Sinn Fein to complain about other people derailing the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

FG seem to be fighting all their battles for them,

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It is always about the posters, isn't it? If it isn't the government that posters give out about, they give out about the posters that don't join in the criticism.

As for the Twitter issue, Twitter is a sewer as has been said by many people, and you can find a Tweet that supports anything, from anti-vaxxers to 9/11 conspiracies to comparing Rosa Parks to protecting public health.

Yes, it is good news that SF are finally acknowledging that their online supporters are often pig ignorant. Hopefully, some of them will take it on board and change their behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,985 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's a 'sewer' largely because of those who promote and support the use of anonymous accounts.

That isn't the only reason. In relation to here, and its effect on boards, the problem is those who bring the sewer posts in here and rely on them to back them up.

Quote some examples...or just stop embarrassing the party leader you don't vote for.

There have been many times when a poster quotes some randomer from the Twitter sewer in a desperate attempt to back up their nonsensical point. You have been in those discussions so you have seen it.

Show us some examples where 'sewer' type tweets have been added here.

You rubbish perfectly normal tweets just because they are critical of the party you don't support. So show us some you deem 'sewer tweets' and we can all judge.

I suspect you'll run for the hills on this one too.

• Advertisement

Who does Donohue think he is fooling with this non answer? I can see this ending up in the usual chaos created by this government.

Mr Donohoe defended the decision when it was put to him that the optics of such an appointment could be viewed as cronyism as the job was not advertised to the public.

Mr Donohoe said that "Katherine would only be known by a small number or a few members of the Cabinet now.

Donohoe defends appointment of Zappone to UN position (irishexaminer.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

There was one in the O'Malley thread a few days ago from that idiot Cosgrave. Thankfully nobody was praising it, but it was an unbelievably crass Tweet.

Plenty of other examples across this Forum.

Are these positions normally advertised to the public?

Interesting to note,he didnt actually bother to post any examples🤣

Rattled as fcuk......i wonder how he view postings on martin mcguiness at time of his death and at what point rethoric crosses into "sewer"🤔

So one example posted by The Abominable Doc Phibes, who would be on this thread defending the government relentlessly, like yourself, is all you have? 😁😁

I think that's called, shooting yourself in the foot.

No idea, and Donuhie certainly didn't take the opportunity to inform us. I am referring to the limp excuse he made when asked about it.

Mr Donohoe said that "Katherine would only be known by a small number or a few members of the Cabinet now.

There are plenty of others, I used that one as an example of a crass sewer-like Tweet. That it was quoted for ridicule rather than for backing up an idiotic position is a difference, I agree.

Don't know what relevance any of that has. If the UN wanted a person with a certain level of prestige and experience, the number of potential applicants who missed out is probably zero, so I don't understand the fuss.

We are one of the few countries that has an independent process for appointing people to State boards, our nearest neighbours up North just appoint party hacks.

Y

Here is what you said:

There have been many times when a poster quotes some randomer from the Twitter sewer in a desperate attempt to back up their nonsensical point. You have been in those discussions so you have seen it.

You produced a tweet posted by a government supporter as an example of a 'sewer tweet' on the death of O'Malley.

So NOT and example of somebody posting a 'sewer tweet' to 'back up a nonsensical point'.

Dear oh me, the holes you dig for yourself!

• Advertisement

Almost as if,he was blowing smoke up everyones hole and been exposed as a delusional fantasist,unable to back up a basic claim about other posters🤣🤣

How or why this is allowed or engaged with is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Imagine her expense sheets for travelling to the UN

That was what he was being asked about...the 'process' and again here's the feeble nonsense he came out with:

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

So, you don’t think that some posters are looking down on people, rather it is your opinion that some people look down on other people.

And you quoted a few posters, including one of my posts by accident when you had your rant about how some people (but not the posters that you quoted) look down on other people

OK, glad we cleared that up.

And, I agree with you that some people look down on other people, I just have not seen any evidence of that in the last few pages of this thread.

Now you have to explain how people who use soup kitchens have fallen foul of people defending government policies, unless you mean Francie who said that the government have a responsibility to ensure that the laws are enforced.

Is there some prize you are competing for here? You are all over the place.

I mean what the hell is this nonsense, "So, you don’t think that some posters are looking down on people, rather it is your opinion that some people look down on other people."?

More strawmen to cover your last strawman.

I posted comments regarding how people are looking down on those who use soup kitchens and get PUP based on posted comments.

You asked for examples of the comments. I gave you examples. Then you created a strawman trying to say I claimed people said they look down on people. Which you know you made up.

That cleared up you are now doubling down on your strawman. It's complete fabrication.

Comments about people swarming to soup kitchens looking for a hand out, using soup kitchens so they can keep their money for the pub (you've seen these) and various on PUP recipients choosing not to work, make me of the opinion that they are looking down on these people. And also IMO are doing so to dismiss the fact that in 2021 there are people who need to use soup kitchens for food. In short they aren't really in need of soup kitchens etc. We've heard it all before regarding homelessness and low income workers being too lazy to get better jobs and so on. It's pig ignorant.

You are working very hard at making a show of yourself. I've genuinely no idea what your problem is. You've seen the comments I referenced. I gave my opinion on them.

To be fair to Varadkar, they already let him gift a FG crony a position on the supreme court, gave it the 'boys will be boys' regarding his leaking a confidential government document to his friend. So it's really on Martin at this stage 😀

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Should not need to make this point yet again. The platform may have changed but the rules remain the same. Stick to the topic (which is not SF, or other users). Post in a civil and constructive manner. Warning will be given to anyone ignoring these very basic requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Now we are back to you saying that posters are looking down on people with no proof.

And you say that I am all over the place!

Another thing that you are doing is putting words into posters mouthes... 'We've heard it all before regarding homelessness and low income workers being too lazy to get better jobs and so on. It's pig ignorant.'*

I am not sure if you are aware that there are people in Ireland who need help with housing, and there are people who need support with income, and lots of other supports. There are also people who need soup kitchens. The point that you have spectacularly missed is that not all people who avail of these supports need them. Now, it is not your fault that there are people abusing the system, and it is not the governments fault. Some people are just chancers. Does that mean that we should withdraw all support - NO! But if you think that there are no chancers around taking advantage, well, good for you.

Please quote where this was posted: 'homelessness and low income workers are too lazy to get better jobs.' I would like to see who posted this, as I am sure that it was not me.

You are entitled to your opinion, but so are other posters.

Insulting them and putting words in their mouths is not very honest.

One last thing - do you think that the government should ensure that the laws and rules should be enforced? (I notice that you have avoided this.)

*Calling a poster 'pig ignorant' would probably be considered a personal insult, so I am going to assume that it is your opinion, even though you have not said that.

• Advertisement

Back to? It was always my view.

I gave you the quotes. You read them I assume.

Posts saying people are swarming soup kitchens looking for handouts, using soup kitchens so they don't have to spend their own money or using soup kitchens so they can keep their money for the pub, (as quoted for your viewing pleasure) is people looking down on them IMO. That kind of attitude it ignorant to me.

You created a strawman claiming I said people stated they look down on people. I never did. And you accuse me of putting words into peoples mouths.

You are simply creating your own narrative here. I'm not your google, you've used deceit to try pick holes. I don't understand what you are trying to achieve. I stand by my opinion of the comments I have referenced and quoted are looking down on people.

I think it's awful to try smear people using soup kitchens as chancers to try dismiss or excuse the numbers using them. As I said, it's not a new tactic.

Advertisement